• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who: Series 4 discussion thread (remade)

Might as well continue where we left off.
Turn left...

SPOILERS (we need that hack back)
Oh my. Oh my god.
WHY IS A WEEK SEVEN DAYS LONG!?
I think we can agree that the ending was the highlight of the episode. And that trailer! Omg. EVERYONE IS BACK
INCLUDING TORCHWOOD. AND SARAH JANE. AND ROSE. AND THE DALEKS. AND JUDOON. AND OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE SO EPIC!
It was interesting seeing the result of the world, but, seeing Bad wolf appear like that...
Note: I wrote this minutes after seeing the episode ^

I've been torrenting/watching Doctor Who, and have almost caught up: I just finished 4x04. Man this show is fucking awesome. Also David Tennant is hot.

will post more when I've caught up and don't need to avoid spoilers~

God, Turn Left was one of the best RTD episodes I have ever seen. I liked how it was all like 'What If?', which sort of makes my head spin. I think that the bit about 'Britain for the British' was particularly powerful, in that it was going to be a holocaust D:

For those people who were wondering with me about the Master until yesterday, then the Doctor never met Yana, who never unlocked the watch, who never regenerated into John Simm's Master, who never tried to destroy Earth.

Everything makes sense, and next week's penultimate episode looks like a cracker. I honestly can't wait to see what happens. Everybody is back, even from SJA, which is pretty good, seeing as how that is one of the only decent spin-offs of Doctor Who.

There were a few failed spin-offs of the classic series, I think. But I agree, Torchwood and SJA are pretty good. And Torchwood character involvement next episode will be good :D

It's still so sad how Toshiko AND Owen died... Toshiko was my favourite character of Torchwood too.
I've noticed how the ending plots get "bigger" every time.

"The world is in danger!"
"The universe is in danger!"
"Every universe is in danger!"

I wonder how they're going to get bigger whenever the next series of Dr. Who comes out. Then again, we do have a new main writer. Much better than RTD!

Was is just me, or was Rose's voice really... Strange, for the first half of the episode?
Kind of like she had something big in her mouth? Like a plum or something?

I noticed that. When she first spoke, her head was over to one side, and her teeth were stuck out. I read in the newspaper though that she had forgotten how to do her Rose accent.

It's still so sad how Toshiko AND Owen died... Toshiko was my favourite character of Torchwood too.
Yeah, I was expecting Owen to die, but why did Tosh have to die too ;_;

I've noticed how the ending plots get "bigger" every time.

"The world is in danger!"
"The universe is in danger!"
"Every universe is in danger!"
And every since Tennant came in, the finale's always been in present time

I wonder how they're going to get bigger whenever the next series of Dr. Who comes out. Then again, we do have a new main writer. Much better than RTD!
Exactly what I've been thinking. Existence maybe?
Was is just me, or was Rose's voice really... Strange, for the first half of the episode?
Kind of like she had something big in her mouth? Like a plum or something?
Yeah, I noticed something was off too. It's kind of odd seeing her on top of everything, seeing as she was usually clueless

Three more days. Three. More. Days. Until. Epicness.

Good god, Turn Left was the best RTD episode I've seen. I'd go so far to say it was up there with some of the best Moffat stories, though no episode yet broadcast can stand up to Blink. Maybe it was just me loving all the continuity references and whatnot.

Is it wrong that I gave a fanboy squal when I saw Gwen Cooper in the preview? XD

Ekibyōgami;1447 said:
Three more days. Three. More. Days. Until. Epicness.

Good god, Turn Left was the best RTD episode I've seen. I'd go so far to say it was up there with some of the best Moffat stories, though no episode yet broadcast can stand up to Blink. Maybe it was just me loving all the continuity references and whatnot.

Is it wrong that I gave a fanboy squal when I saw Gwen Cooper in the preview? XD
You're not alone.

Also, HARKNESS IS BACK! Although I wish they would've killed off Ianto instead of Owen.

Anyway, COME ON SATURDAY!

The next episode looks so good!
Also is it true that when you see Rose on screens she's actually calling "Donna"?

Off Topic Slightly:
Why are there trailers for it on BBC News 24? I didn't think they showed anything in between the news just a countdown to the next programme.

The next episode looks so good!
Also is it true that when you see Rose on screens she's actually calling "Donna"?

I think when she's seen on the screens she's shouting "Doctor!".

Off Topic Slightly:
Why are there trailers for it on BBC News 24? I didn't think they showed anything in between the news just a countdown to the next programme.

Because they've sold out. XP

The more coverage the better, in my opinion.

I know you're supposed to think that she's shouting Doctor (why wouldn't she?), but since watching the latest episode I've thought that maybe it is Donna.

I know you're supposed to think that she's shouting Doctor (why wouldn't she?), but since watching the latest episode I've thought that maybe it is Donna.
I think she's calling for the Doctor; she probably didn't know about Donna getting the bug.

I've been replaying the clip from Midnight over and over and I'm fairly sure she's saying "Doctor". :/

Oh god, the next episode looks epic...And, from what I hear, every episode will tie in with the Finale.

Turn left was pretty good. To think, one turn of the steering wheel keeps the entire world from going the wrong way.

Midnight was delightfully creepy. Though sort of sad about the hostess.

NOw, I'd like to say that I hate the fear forcast. If they get to watch it before anyone else, they should atleast have the nerve to post something for us to speculate upon.

Oh, and I think Rose has been shouting "Doctor".

What I really liked about this episode was how toned-down it was compared to RTD's usual antics (same with last week, but the characters in that were so obnoxious, it managed to be simultaneously incredible and god-awful). It might even be my favourite episode by him. It wasn't particularly original, the "what if XYZ person wasn't there?" theme is an old one (It's a Wonderful Life), but I really liked the way it played out. The acting in this episode was incredible, with the exception of Rose. I have no idea what happened to Billie Piper, but not only did she have this weird marble-mouth thing going on (which everybody and their aunties noticed), her delivery was painfully wooden. The ending was kind of silly and over-done. I loved Tennant's reaction to "Bad Wolf," but having every piece of writing turn into it made me roll my eyes. It also made very little sense, but I've fanwanked my way out of that.

Next week looks like a return to form with way more BOOM SHINY kind of stuff than the past couple of episodes. In fact, it looks like RTD is trying to shove in as much stuff as he possibly can, which could either work well (unlikely, given his track record with BOOM SHINY stuff), or fall flat on its face. Here's hoping.

Just thinking of the episode 'midnight'

Shouldn't they have had some sort of special spacesuit on board that lets them go outside for a while?

It's like going on a boat without life jackets.
I think that is was so obvious that the monster was still in sky, that was bad. (did I post this in the old thread?)

EDIT: Why does the word 'spoiler' appear in front of spoiler tags? It didn't used to.

Back
Top Bottom