View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 05:16 AM
busy dizzy lazy

Negrek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Fine Day for the Apocalypse

I'm glad you liked the chat bits! It was kind of wondering what kind of messages would be flying around after Mewtwo2 got superpowered that got me started on this.

Tyranitar is definitely the biggest woobie, and I'm looking forward to finding out the resolution of the May/Tyranitar subplot in Chapter 77. Will May own up? Will Tyranitar go free? Only you can make sure Tyranitar gets a hug, Butterfree!

Quote:
(This forum doesn't have censoring, by the way, so you don't need the asterisks!)
I am surprised because I didn't add any asterisks! Apparently that's just how the forums render the magic fuck? I'm intrigued, perhaps there's some rule that visifies invisible Unicode (against standard)?

I wasn't planning to write Carl at first... I figured the four POV's would be Martha, Tyranitar, Leah, and Letaligon, but as you guessed, I couldn't figure out why Leah didn't show up. Carl's excuse was actually the first one I came up with, like, maybe her alakazam just happened to be out of commission? But that seemed super unsatisfying, and other things I came up with (maybe she decided it was more important to stay and help people where she was, or maybe someone prevented her from going), but they didn't work very well with my conception of her character. I was stumped for a bit on who I should replace her with, because I could only really think of Victor or the Mew hunter and wasn't all that interested in either of them, but then I remembered Carl... and I was like "OHHHHHH Carl could be the reason Leah wasn't there!!!" It's a big stretch for sure, but Carl's scene was probably the most fun to write. I really enjoyed coming up with an interpretation of events that would be totally reasonable from his perspective but also 100% wrong.

Also, this whole thing ended up being a lot more down on Chaletwo than I kind of intended. But really, when looked at from an outside perspective, "I visit a festival mostly geared at kids, kill the person who seems most interested in catching me, and then I have them go catch legendaries for me," is just... Did you try anything else, Chaletwo? Anything else?

/unnecessary backstory no one asked for

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed this one! I was worried about butchering the characters really badly, but even if they aren't really themselves, it's good that you found them entertaining anyway. Happy birthday again, and I will try not to be so absurdly late next year! (For the extra fail, I do and did as of Feb 18 have a complete present for you all ready to go, except I probably won't be able to post it for a couple years because spoilers fgggzzzzz)

In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric Design