• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favourite Bands/Artists?

MY COCK CAN WALK RIGHT THROUGH THE DOOR

Or whatever he said, I never bothered to look up the lyrics.

God, it pissed me off when the "Metal" Channel played SoaD. Of course, I didn't complain when they played my mallcore shit, but that's not the point.

But on the Nu-'Metal' Fans thread on MA (closed after like 5 pages), there was a discussion about how SoaD isn't mallcore. I don't remember exactly what they said, nor do I really care, but if you were curious enough, you could just search for "System of a Down" there and find the thread.
mallcore or whatever, I don't like System lol. Haven't heard them in a long time, but I remember both vocalists being unbearable to listen to. And yeah most "metal" video channels play mostly bullshit, gay nu metal bands tend to have a lot more money to spend on videos and promotion than decent bands.

what Serj is an amazing vocalist, reminds me of Mike Patton
I'm not familiar with Mike Patton's work tbh, but if he sounds anything like Serj then I'll probs steer clear of it, cheers for the heads up. His vocals piss me off. Though to be fair to him he's not quite as bad as the other dude (Daron?). In their favour though at least their lyrics are a bit less retarded than most of the rubbish bands. They're still not great but an attempt at political lyrics is better than whiny rants about how life sucks.

Yeah Daron is bad.

And Mike Patton is a hate or love kind of vocalist, I personally happen to love his range and goofy voices and stuff. Check out Faith No More's Angel Dust, it's a masterpiece.

mallcore or whatever, I don't like System lol. Haven't heard them in a long time, but I remember both vocalists being unbearable to listen to. And yeah most "metal" video channels play mostly bullshit, gay nu metal bands tend to have a lot more money to spend on videos and promotion than decent bands.
They don't play videos; it's not like that MTV shit. It just has background info on the band while the song plays.

Among the shitcore, good stuff comes up, too. I was surprised to hear some Cradle once (and then the SoaD song came on, but whatever). But I have gotten into good bands thanks to the channel: Desaster, for one.

Both spellings are allowed. This is what I have been taught.
What do you mean spellings? It's between two completely different words. o_o

I have never been taught that you should use "are" for a singular noun. I have, however, been taught that you should not use it.

What do you mean spellings? It's between two completely different words. o_o

I have never been taught that you should use "are" for a singular noun. I have, however, been taught that you should not use it.

You can view a band as two things: either the whole unit (the band System of a down), or as a sum of its collective members (meaning the collective of its four members, Serj, Daron, John and Shavo.)

You can use "is" to just refer to the band as a single entity, or "are" to refer to all the band members as a collective. It's both proper English. As long as you are consistent with what you choose, it's proper English and nobody should care.

Has anyone said Muse yet? They have a lot of different kinds of songs, and that's why they're the best band EVAR!!!!!

Songs I've heard and like by them: Knights of Cydonia, Starlight, time is Running Out, Hysteria, New Born, Plug In Baby, (at least part of) Assassin

Right now I'm listening to Map of the Problematique. I like it.

Muse are awesome.

I love listening to stream channels of Trance Techno. I have over 147 artists on my computer. My favorites:

Pink Floyd
Dethklok
DJ Shadow
Queen
Mindless Self Indulgence
The Dresden Dolls
Blue October
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Louis XIV
Disturbed
Senses Fail
Shiny Toy Guns
Juno Reactor
Unkle
Skinny Puppy
Mike Patton/Faith No More
Sonata Arctica
Oppenheimer
OK Go

But I love all my music really. I can't pick just one that I love. Favorite Songs include:

San Sebastian - Sonata Arctica
Yellow - Coldplay
Prescription, Lights Out - Mindless Self Indulgence
Dear Jenny, Lonesome Organist Rapes Page Turner, Pretty In Pink - The Dresden Dolls
Morning Rage - Unkle
Another Day In Paradise - Phil Collins
Lights and Sounds - Yellowcard
Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Ugly Baby - Stephen Lynch (XD so funny and horrible)
Wish You Were Here, Hey You, Comfortably Numb, Dark Side of The Moon - Pink Floyd
ANYTHING by Blue October. Black Orchid makes me cry D:
She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
Anything by Danny Elfman. I have the Beetlejuice Theme and the Breakfast Machine song from Pee Wee's Big Adventure XD

...but they are not limited to that. Wish You Were Here makes me cry if I think about Syd Barret too much while it's playing. Which is hard, since it was written for him (so was Shine On You Crazy Diamond).

I listen to just about anything that sounds good to my ears.

Guilty Pleasures:
Aqua
Carumba (They're obscure. Actually formed as a joke, recorded one album, then disbanded. XD)
Tiny Tim
Blink-182-
Fallout Boy
Pink
AFI

Last edited:
Muse are a very good live act. I can't stand Blink 182 though, their singer's voice is fucking annoying and I don't like pop punk music in general (lol I know I've mentioned MCR in the past but I mostly listen to their post-hardcore stuff now tbh).

Back
Top Bottom