View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:00 AM
even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly

Pronoun: He
fresh fruit for Adol is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to fresh fruit for Adol
Default Re: Suikoden, or Why You Need to Play surskitty's Favourite RPG (image-heavy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enekoiru View Post
I've been fairly thoroughly spoilered, and it's still like I SUSPECT A GODWIN PLOT. PROBABLY THE ASSASSINATION TYPE. and guess what? SO DO THEY. Though so far they haven't gone I SUSPECT A BAROWS PLOT as far as I've seen. Eh, whatever, I SUSPECT A GODWIN PLOT is correct 80% of the time. That's definitely passing. FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS

... though I am kinda amused by Lyon going like WELL MAYBE GEORG FEELS BAD BECAUSE THEY THINK (SPOILER) HE KILLED ARSHTAT AND FERID and it's like ... no, Lyon, he feels bad because he DID. (SPOILER) Well, okay, not Ferid. Close enough. But that's still not WHY ARE YOU AN IDIOT it's simply that she has insufficient information and there's no reason she'd have sufficient information.
Yes! If it's one thing I like about Suikoden, it's the plot, and the fact that the major characters AREN'T complete idiots most of the time! Just make sure to keep your eye on the Barows! It's pretty obvious they're plotting something, I mean, if the fact that your companions are already weary of them to begin with isn't a clue lol >.>

Quote:
Go get your Stars of Destiny! DON'T LET (SPOILER for I & V) GREM-- I MEAN, LYON DIE! (They are like 80% the same person. You know it is true.)
Haha, it is pretty obvious they're the same person. I don't wanna let Lyon die anyway! She's probably not one of the best in the game, but aside my protagonist, her with Richard, Belcoot, and two random decent spellcasters, my current formation's pretty good!

Quote:
I bet everyone recognises the Prince based on him wearing day glo orange and having white hair. I'm still not quite sure how everyone recognises Tir, though; his outfit's distinctive but not ... day glo and white hair distinctive. Though at least Frey's switched to red. Much better than safety orange. Where the hell does he even get his safety orange outfits, anyway? I mean, sure, he's the prince, but ....
Urgh, that orange kinda hurt my eyes. The red looked much better, but I mean, the tights led me into thinking he was a she when I first saw the box >.>

Quote:
I've only done the ceremonial duel with Shoon so far and it was pretty cool! I miss the SuikoI form of rock/paper/scissors, though. The war sequences in V seem fucking awesome, though. ... I haven't gotten to any yet, but I've watched my stepdad do a few of them so. Makes much more sense than WOUND ALL OF THE OPPOSING ARMY THROUGH THE POWERS OF ROCK/PAPER/SCISSORS.
omg, yes the war sequences are AWESOME <3 Just... don't do what I did lol; when I got to name my army, I didn't think the name would include 'The' by default, so my army name is "The The Red Lynx Army". Thankfully I kept the same in mind for my fortress lol

Quote:
Fuck yeah Suikoden protagonists and the tendency to talk rarely and carry a big stick. WHO NEEDS SWORDS, ANYWAY. (Yeah I know a bunch of them have swords but I definitely think of Tir and Freyjadour first when I think of Suikoden protagonists and IF BIG STICKS ARE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM, THEY SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE ELSE.)
Suiko2's protag used tonfas, and was pretty cool. He even had an awesome Union attack with his sister lol.

Quote:
They were indeed! They are, however, Japan-only and likely to remain that way. Bastards. WHY IS SUIKODEN OBSCURE IN THE ENGLISH-SPEAKING WORRRRRLD
Grr. If there's anything I hate about developers and publishers, it's that they tend to keep the good games Japan exclusive. I mean, that was part of the incentive for me to start studying Japanese, but still! It's like how Capcom ported both Mega Man Legends and Breath of Fire III to PSP, but never gave us the handheld ports! THEY SUCK SO MUCH, BUT WE LOVE THEM ANYWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziking Loire View Post
I started playing Suikoden I once, and then I stopped. Then I started again, and I stopped. I should try to play it all the way through for once.
That 'should' is more of a 'need' :P