Health: 21%
Energy: 66%

Blastoise
blastoise
Blastoise ♀ @ Water Stone
Ability: Rain Dish Insomnia
Health: 36%
Energy: 20%
Status: Discouraged... Severely paralyzed (19% chance of failure). Tormented (5 more actions). Surrounded by Aqua Ring (1% health/action). 0 Chills left. Thunderbolt mimicked. +1 Attack, +2 Defense, +1 Special Attack.

------------------------------

"ALAS QUEEN OF THE ADVERB," Mr. Gassatoo continues to rant. "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU COUNTED ON THE REALITY THAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY IN MY HOUSE NOW."

Taken aback by the harsh, biting reality of Mr. Gassatoo's poignant words, Blastoise has no choice. It must withdraw. With a quick effort of will it summons up a sphere of transparent energy around itself, blocking out the Gyarados' tirade.

Mr. Gassatoo is incensed. "HOW DARE YOU," he roars indignantly. "IT SHALL BE I WHO THREATEN NOT CONTINUE!" With this last blistering taunt he plunges beneath the surface and disappears from sight.

For a moment everything is quiet. Well, except for the wind howling and the rain beating down relentlessly and all that shit. It's almost peaceful. Blastoise soons grows bored of waiting for Mr. Gassatoo to re-emerge and begins building up more electrical energy in its cannons. It waits a bit more. Still Mr. Gassatoo does not resurface. Eventually Blastoise can't hold the electrical charge back any longer. It aims its cannons at the water, roughly where Mr. Gassatoo went under, and unleashes yet another Thunderbolt into the roaring waves. The electricity disperses through the water in all directions, and from somewhere beneath the surface comes a faint, warbling howl of pain. The effort of loosing the attack makes Blastoise's vision fade in and out and it stumbles slightly, but still manages a satisfied smirk.

Mr. Gassatoo's roars grow steadily louder as he approaches the surface at top speed. An instant later he surfaces and slams headfirst into Blastoise from behind, sending Blastoise tumbling facefirst into the sea. He clobbers his foe relentlessly with his tail, ranting all the while: "I SHALL NOW DESCRIBE TO YOU THE NATURE OF THE SAMOSA BATH: IT'S POWERFUL—"

Oh, no. Not more of this crap. Blastoise's vision is swimming (haha get it?) and its muscles are still stiff and its body is battered and it takes a whole lot of work to materialize another protective bubble around itself to block out the sound. The shield wavers in and out of existence as Blastoise's will nearly collapses from the effort of sustaining it. The mere act of staying afloat is getting too much for it now. Why is it even still awake, anyway...?

------------------------------

I liek Squirtles (1/2 left)
gyarados
Mr. Gassatoo
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 11%
Energy: 57%
Used: Dive (down) ~ Dive (up) + Frustration ~ nothing

Blastoise
blastoise
Blastoise ♀ @ Water Stone
Ability: Rain Dish Insomnia
Health: 30%
Energy: 5%
Status: Nearly spent. Moderately paralyzed (15% chance of failure). Tormented (2 more actions). Surrounded by Aqua Ring (1% health/action). 0 Chills left. Thunderbolt mimicked. +1 Attack, +2 Defense, +1 Special Attack.
Used: Protect ~ Thunderbolt ~ Protect

Arena Status
  • The rain is pouring down. A harsh wind howls through the arena.

Damage and Energy
  • Mr. Gassatoo's Health: 21% - 10% (Thunderbolt) = 11%
  • Mr. Gassatoo's Energy: 66% - 3% (Dive (down)) - 6% (Dive (up) + Frustration) = 57%
  • Blastoise's Health: 36% - 9% (Dive (up) + Frustration) + 3% (Aqua Ring) = 30%
  • Blastoise's Energy: 20% - 2% (Protect) - 9% (Thunderbolt) - 4% (Protect) = 5%

Notes
  • Speed order: Mr. Gassatoo (81) > Blastoise (26).
  • So, stuff like Thunderbolt can be used on a Pokémon that's underwater, but it wasn't commanded to attack the water if needed here. But also a Pokémon won't just randomly aim an attack at nothing if it knows it can't hit. It'll either do nothing if it definitely can't hit, or try aiming in the opponent's direction if it thinks there's a chance it might be able to get it. So I'll say Blastoise attacked the water here, and Thunderbolt hit at reduced base power. (That answer is for attacks made and aimed underwater, so I weakened the Thunderbolt to 25% its base power instead because Blastoise didn't really know where to aim.)
  • Ugh why you gotta make me do work with combos. I'll say Dive (up) + Frustration at this point is a 100 BP Water-type move that costs 7% base energy.
  • Blastoise failed the paralysis check on the third action. Protect doesn't actually require any movement so it just cost 2% more energy.
  • I liek Squirtles commands first.