• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forums Open

Ah, it's good to be back!

If we're talking about hacks, I'd say that I'd like Secret Admirer to be brought back. But I don't mind terribly if it isn't.

Except perhaps this time, there could perhaps be an option to send a message along with your admiration? It'd certainly make the hack a lot nicer. :D

Or even an option to not receive them at all if you don't want them? :D

This is an incredibly minor and unimportant aesthetic thing, but is it possible to make it so that when you italicize/bold/underline when typing a post, it actually shows the formatting in the post-in-progress? Like it does in word processors?

Ooh ooh other idea. How about getting the last online date and "who viewed this thread" features back? Not really a major thing, but they were at least useful to me. :/

Or even an option to not receive them at all if you don't want them? :D

This is an incredibly minor and unimportant aesthetic thing, but is it possible to make it so that when you italicize/bold/underline when typing a post, it actually shows the formatting in the post-in-progress? Like it does in word processors?
There is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor. XD It's the button with the two As on the top right of the toolbar. You can also set it to switch to that by default in your options.

I don't care about the wondering. I just don't want people bothering me with them. I don't care if my forum bffs sent them, I think they're stupid. [/totally hates the human race]

And yeah, I saw that, AK, but I could've sworn that I was using Standard Mode. Hm, maybe I just didn't pay attention.

Ooh ooh other idea. How about getting the last online date and "who viewed this thread" features back? Not really a major thing, but they were at least useful to me. :/

Yeah, I agree with you there, It'd be nice to get that back. I'm just always so curious as to who is reading what threads.

Yeah, I agree with you there, It'd be nice to get that back. I'm just always so curious as to who is reading what threads.
I too am for the return of this feature.

And I too would also like to ask that if the secret admirer system is brought back, that there be an option to turn it off. Admirers kind of bug me as is, but secret ones are even worse.

OH! While I'm thinking about it...

I don't know if this is a hack or if it was just... default, but when someone changes their username, it would be nice to have that hover feature that shows you a person's previous username. I doubt anyone's changed theirs already, since we've only been re-opened for a day, but it'll be useful in the future.

Hoorah!

Hacks? i honestly don't know. Admirers would be nice, but I had over forty in the last forum and began to lose track of them all. Not to mention it was taking up a large amount of my signature and contributing to my scrollbar.

Self Target: Don't get a scollbar!

I never actually used the arcade unless someone challenged me. The adoptables were cool though, as were alternate avatars.

The problem about alternative avatars is that it's a hack that I made which was never released on vBulletin.org, basically meaning that I have no archive of it of any sort and would have to remake the entire thing from scratch.

The "Who has read a thread" hack is already installed; the unread news function is based on that, after all. I must not have enabled it for normal members. Hmm.

The mod image is already implemented too; it was only displayed for the super moderator usergroup, which has no members at the moment.

If secret admirers are coming back, I'm going to try to add both admiration messages and the option not to receive PMs upon new secret admirers.

Did people really use the adoptables that much?

Username changing will be re-implemented; I was actually going to install that before opening the forums, but forgot.

Last edited:
I liked making adoptables, but I guess I won't miss them terribly.

also, I'm glad we have tags again. funfun. =D

I did actually use my modly powers every now and again (in recent times mostly because certain people did not understand the idea of "this thread has been stone cold for two years, do not post in it"), so, uh... bring on the duty.

As for hacks and other small changes, the most obvious ones have already been mentioned. I guess I'll notice the absence of the remaining hacks I really miss as I go about my forumly business and get back to ya on that.

If the arcade could be brought back then that would be awesome, and secret admirers too. Personal stickies would be nice, but I'm fine with that not being brought back if it's too much trouble. But I'll like eat a live baby without the arcade and secret admirers.

Back
Top Bottom