View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 03:48 AM
Fire emblem is great

Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird
Default Re: [15] Dazel vs Lord of the Fireflies (ref: Superbird)

Round 6

Dazel
azumarill
Couch – Azumarill (♀)
Health: 19%
Energy: 18%
Type: Water / Fairy
Ability: Sap Sipper
Condition: Losing hope.
Status: Attack +3. Special Attack +1. Badly paralyzed. Facade disabled.
Commands: Protect ~ Encore ~ Superpower

Lord of the Fireflies
wigglytuff
Sofa – Wigglytuff (♀)
Health: 25%
Energy: 21%
Type: Normal / Fairy
Ability: Frisk
Condition: Slowly gaining confidence.
Status: Defense +2. Special Attack +1. Enveloped by Aqua Ring.
Commands: Hyperbeam / Work Up ~ Hyperbeam / Work Up / Hyper Voice x2

Immediately upon the beginning of the next round, Couch raised a new Protect shield, though with considerably more effort this time, staring intensely at her opponent. Sofa stared back, and shortly began hopping up and down to encourage herself. She had her opponent on the ropes, she could see it in Couch’s eyes. She could make this happen – she could win this battle!

Seeing her opponent using an attack that wasn’t Hyper Beam, Couch immediately let down her shield, and took a deep breath. And she began to clap, slowly at first and then with increasing frequency. But Sofa had already started charging her Hyper Beam – and before Couch could reach her opponent with her desperate attack, the Wigglytuff released the attack. A direct hit – Couch went flying back into the wall, crashing into the next room, and didn’t get up again. Sofa was panting – one more of those would have been too much for her. But she had managed to win! Dazel sighed, recalled the fallen Azumarill to its poké ball, and then shook hands with Lord of the Fireflies, who proceeded to high-five his tired Wigglytuff before recalling the pokémon. And so the first battle in the second Late Bracket ended, and Lord of the Fireflies advanced to the next round. The league Abra teleported everyone to the Tower of Mastery (save the referee, who preferred to use his Xatu) and Valerie was left to deal with the rest of the destructions by herself. Only a few holes in the wall were left from the battle, and she was somewhat dissatisfied. She would still need to get a demolition crew. Or maybe she could just call them back to blow the place down with Draco Meteors and stuff. That remained to be seen.

End of Round 6

Dazel
azumarill
Couch – Azumarill (♀)
Health: 0%
Energy: 13%
Type: Water / Fairy
Ability: Sap Sipper
Condition: Unconscious.
Actions: Protect

Lord of the Fireflies
wigglytuff
Sofa – Wigglytuff (♀)
Health: 26%
Energy: 6%
Type: Normal / Fairy
Ability: Frisk
Condition: Slowly gaining confidence.
Status: Attack +1. Defense +2. Special Attack +2. Enveloped by Aqua Ring.
Actions: Work Up ~ Hyper Beam

Referee Notes
~I set Couch’s chance to move first on action 2 to 61% (Couch’s speed divided by Sofa’s). The roll was 91 – which, even if I’d been more lenient with the percentage, would definitely have been over – so Sofa moved first. Dazel, feel free to blame the RNG for it.
~A +2 hyper beam was more than enough enough to knock out Couch completely.
~And thus Lord of the Fireflies narrowly wins the battle. It was very close – fantastic job to both parties, and I really enjoyed reffing it. I’ll let Eifie handle things from here, in closing the battle – I’m not sure I’m supposed to yet – but for reference, LotF should get $25, Dazel should get #13, and I get $22, I think.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[23:36:02] ConcertofMadness: Shrekt
ConcertofMadness was muted by BoTTT Junior for 7 minutes. (Contained banned phrase)
[23:36:15] +Chuppa Cross: oh dingram
[23:36:20] +Chuppa Cross: can we ban rekt too
[23:36:25] @dingram: but i use rekt :(
[23:36:32] +Chuppa Cross: you shouldn't :(
[23:36:52] +Chuppa Cross: you cant ban shrekt and then still use rekt lol
Chuppa Cross was muted by BoTTT Junior for 7 minutes. (Contained banned phrase)
[23:37:00] Superbird: #REKT
[23:37:01] @dingram: noobs getting muted
[23:37:02] NeuroRapter: lmao
[23:37:03] @dingram: get rekt
[23:37:06] stealthfox2: lol
ConcertofMadness was unmuted by dingram.
Chuppa Cross was unmuted by dingram.

[23:37:13] ConcertofMadness: Freedom
[23:37:18] +Chuppa Cross: i walked into that
[23:37:20] paintcanz: chuppa was muted?
Chuppa Cross was muted by makiri for 7 minutes.
Actually the best match ever