View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 10:00 PM
blast from the past

Pronoun: Male
Wartortle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To Whom It May Concern

This one also comes from a popular site, although it has been altered to me more of a story than a comment, everything remains similar.

"I am now 24 years of age, about ten years ago, my mother received a letter in the mail that had nothing on it. An unassuming plain, white envelope with no stamp. I recall being confused, as I thought you needed a return address, and address and a stamp in order to mail something. These days, however, I can only assume that someone had to have directly placed it in the mailbox.
Inside the envelope was a single piece of paper, neatly folded down the center. On the paper, handwritten with excellent quality, were the names, birthdays, place of birth, time of birth, blood type, etc. All of the biological data on my siblings and I, down to the name of the doctor who delivered us. This is all well and scary as it is, but it is made even worse by the fact that we were not born in the United States, and had not been to the country we were born in since then, 14 years, for me, specifically.
My mother was, understandably, distressed. She wouldn't let us go out to play, or even go to school, and called the police immediately. While waiting for them to arrive, she called our relatives in the other country, demanding to know who had lost sensitive medical data like that. No one in the family seemed to know, and claimed to have no involvement. The police arrived relatively quickly. However, they explained that there was nothing they could do short of catching the person red-handed placing it in the mailbox, as there were no identifiable marks or fingerprints, and the handwriting, while immaculate, was overwhelmingly generic. They agreed to have cars patrol more often, and that was that as far as they were concerned.
Our mother did not allow us to play alone outside for months after that. We returned to school the following week to discover that two other classmates had a similar incident, and they were both from a different country than I or the other. To this day, we never figured this out.. I guess it just goes to show that your information is never safe, even when the internet wasn't a huge thing. "

vulpix-alola mewgengarbeedrillraikouwartortle