• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rift in the Dimensions: Signups/OOC!

see ya

Bye
Pronoun
she
The dimensions of the universe are decaying. Reality for these many worlds is slowly but surely coming apart at the seams. Those with the power to do so have evacuated to an area known as the Endless Plains, a wide grassland located in a parallel universe dotted with refugee camps. Naturally, those that were heroes in their respective worlds have banded together to root out the cause of this destruction and put a stop to it.

The Endless Plains are very large, but not truly endless. Forming a ring around them are large crystal formations, through which the individual world it leads to can be seen. A series of devices located in various points in the plains can teleport anyone to their desired crystal portal, removing the need for tedious travel across the Plains.

The source of the corruption is coming from one of these worlds. The question is, which one? Who-or what-ever's causing the destruction has left a trail, and by tracing its steps, can be tracked down. But it won't be easy. The closer you get to the trail, the stranger things will become...

THE RULES. READ THEM.

1. This is a mass-crossover, so you may be any character from anything. You can also be an original character, but it must apply to a certain fandom. And no, you may not make up your own worlds.

2. If you do use an established character, keep them in...well, character. You can expand on personality traits they already have, but don't go too far off course. No F-bomb-dropping homicidal Marios or happy-go-lucky Snakes and such.

3.On a related note, cursing is allowed in this RP as long as it's in character. Directing curses at other RPers, though, is not. Also, keep it relatively clean. This RP is rated PG-13 (swearing, moderate violence, mild sexual content), so don't go past those limits.

4. One person per character, please. If you wanted Link and someone else got to him first, go with your second choice. Only three characters per person, please.

5. No Mary Sues, powerplaying, or godmoding, obviously. Also, don't kill Gandalf. By that I mean: Don't do anything stupid that would derail the entire game, like destroying any of the crystal portals, randomly killing all your teammates, setting fire to the Plains, etc.

6. There is no minimum or maximum post size. Write as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. Just make sure it's relevant and readable. Use good grammar and punctuation.

7. If you figure out what the cause of the decay is before anyone else does or before it's revealed, keep it to yourself and DON'T SPOIL IT! If you think you've figured it out and absolutely have to tell someone, tell me.

8. Unless something goes wrong or I become unable to run it any more, I plan for this to be a long-running RP, so get comfortable. And yes, there is a conclusion already planned out and a "final boss", per se. But you'll have to wait to find out who or what it is. You may switch characters when the situation allows for it, but do NOT abuse this privilege. Only do so if your character is killed off or if you're really REALLY sick of playing them. As DM, I have the right to allow or deny a character switch.

9. Character additions, unless in special circumstances, can only be done in the Plains to ensure that they are as seamless as possible for the story. If you join in the middle of a story arc, you may have to wait until we return to start posting.

10. Suggestions are welcome! World suggestions are closed for now, but don't be afraid to suggest cameos and other appearances, and I'll try to fit them in somehow. That's what crossovers are for, after all. Also welcome are suggestions to improve the RP. Give me feedback on how I'm running it. Too fast? Too Slow? Sucking in general? Tell me, and I'll try to fix the problem.

11. And finally, have fun! :D

THE FORMS!

ESTABLISHED CHARACTER
Name:
Series:
Personality: (If there's anything you want to add to the character's personality, list it)
Other:

FAN CHARACTER
Name:
Species:
Series:
Appearance:
Bio: (Optional)
Personality: (May be PO'd)
Other:

My characters:

Name: Sonic the Hedgehog
Series: Umm...Sonic the Hedgehog
Hero or Villain?: Hero
Personality: He's pretty much SatAM Sonic without the constant catchphrases. Namely, he has a little trouble knowing when to get serious, but is compassionate and generally trusting of people. Though he's sometimes harsh with people, especially those who challenge him to something, he's generally very sociable and friendly.
Other:

Name: Miles "Tails" Prower
Series: Sonic the Hedgehog
Personality: More like the modern Tails, in that he's a gadgeteer genius and kind of like a "Voice of Reason" to Sonic's impulsiveness. He doesn't share Sonic's intuition or confidence, though. He's shy and sometimes feels the need to cling to people, but his intelligence and grasp of common sense makes him the perfect partner for Sonic.
Other:

Character/Player List
Sonic & Tails, Samus Aran - Skymin
Taunos Runetotem, Caeda & Geralt (of Rivia) - link008
Mistral & Mana - Dragon
Missy (Missingno) & The Doctor - Evoli
Bara, Sand Kentai, & Gold - Ketsu
Galacta Knight & Kotemon - Shining Eevee
Bonecrusher, Yami Marik & Spire - Exo-Raikou
Logoth and Baldur - Nimler
Edward Elric - Full Metal Cookies
Crushken & BlastSca- Twiggy for victory
Arthas Menethil and Lloyd Irving - Xaldin
Roy Mustang - moon-panther
Mara the Mawile - Dragonair
Naoto Shirogane - Male Gardevoir

IMPORTANT: Due to my new almost-full-time job and the fact that it kept dying, the Villains game has been ended. Anyone still interested in playing who was a villain is still welcome to join the Heroes' Game.

Worlds
Mushroom Kingdom
Azeroth (Warcraft)
Hyrule
Pokemon
Megaland (What I'm calling Megaman's world)
Mobius (Or wherever Sonic the Hedgehog takes place)
Eagleland/Nowhere Islands
Transformers Universe
Kirby universe
Digimon

World suggestions are closed until further notice

Last edited:
Re: Rift in the Dimensions: Signups!

Name: Markha
Species: Kangaskhan
Series: Pokémon
Hero or Villain?: I'll go with Villain for once.
Bio: Born in the Safari Zone in Fuchsia City, Kanto. She lived a normal life, nothing exciting, except once almost being caught by a Trainer. She hasn't heard much of the Rift in the Dimensions, but still wants to investigate.
Personality: Markha is naturally curious. However, she is also shy and protective of the baby in her pouch. She never gives up, especially in a fight for her child. However, she is also emotional and easily upset or encouraged.
Other: I would make her younger but then it wouldn't make sense for her to have a baby.
Suggestions!: Anything, right?
*dundundun* Naruto! That's obvious, if you know me. But I don't know of anything else interesting, so I'll just suggest... Mushroom Kingdom (Mario's place)!

Name: Markha
Species: Kangaskhan
Hero or Villain?: I'll go with Villain for once.
Bio: Born in the Safari Zone in Fuchsia City, Kanto. She lived a normal life, nothing exciting, except once almost being caught by a Trainer. She hasn't heard much of the Rift in the Dimensions, but still wants to investigate.
Personality: Markha is naturally curious. However, she is also shy and protective of the baby in her pouch. She never gives up, especially in a fight for her child. However, she is also emotional and easily upset or encouraged.
Other: I would make her younger but then it wouldn't make sense for her to have a baby.
Suggestions!: Anything, right?
*dundundun* Naruto! That's obvious, if you know me. But I don't know of anything else interesting, so I'll just suggest... Mushroom Kingdom (Mario's place)!

Accepted.

Name: Oreta
Species: Marowak
Hero or Villain?: Villain
Personality: Oreta is quiet and doesn't like to speak, although he does every so often. He prefers to be near the back of a group, following instead of leading and not answering any questions. Not mmuch more of his personality is known.
Other: Oreta's right shoulder is eternally sore, making his arm and hand nearly useless, since it hurts even when it's not moving.

DONE

Last edited:

Name: Taunos Runetotem
Species: Tauren
Series: Warcraft
Hero Or Villain?: Hero
Appearance: Like the rest of his race, Taunos is a nearly 8 feet tall, large and muscular humanoid with a bull's head, and long horns. His body fur is a light tan, while his actual hair is dark brown, worn in long braids adorned with various ivory and bone pieces of jewelry. His horns are also adorned with a bit of jewelry. He normally wears simple leather clothing, decorated with runes here and there. He is almost always seen with a large and weathered staff.
Bio: A wizened shaman of the Runetotem clan, Tauno lived in relative peace, occasionally fighting off Alliance attacks upon his home village, but he usually spent his days as a spiritual healer, gathering herbs, making medicine, healing body as well as soul. However, one day he was fighting thunder lizards for possession of a rare flower to cure an otherwise terminally ill child, when, as he was getting hti by another shot of thunder, he found himself on a set of plains that was not Mulgore.
Personality: Taunos is benevolent and kind, emanating a wizened aura common of those of his age and profession. He often tries to help when he can, but he can seem slow and ponderous to those unfamiliar with the tauren, and he doesn't fight others until it's the only thing left to do, with words usually proving mightier than force in his mind.. Taunos possesses a strong sense of morality and a strong reverance for nature, like all of his race.
Other: His special skills include gathering herbs, and potion making. In terms of World of Warcraft, his primary talents as a shaman are healing and elemental skills.
Suggestions!: Azeroth (Warcraft), The Planet (FF7), Ivalice (FF Tactics, 12), Hyrule, Johto. Really, I'm full of it.

Last edited:

emot-toot.gif
This is actually really interesting sounding. So here I come.

*shoves an appearance section in as she feels it may be needed*

Name: Kathryn (Kate) Davidson / Humility
Species: Human / Homunculus of sorts
Series: Full Metal Alchemist (Well and alterverse of it but does that coooount?)

Appearance: Kate is short and sturdy, with the stereotypical 'mother' look of being sort of chunky and wearing an apron all the time. her hair is shoulder-length and a dull black, typically tied back in a loose ponytail. Her eyes are grey and friendly. Her skin is a shade or two darker than most Amestrians, as her father was a half-blooded Ishbalan. She's generally soft-looking, except for when one sees her hands. The thumb, pointer , and middle fingers on her right hand are made to metal and end in a slightly curved claw, and on her left, the pinky, ring, and middle fingers are replaced by the same. her right leg from the hip is also automail. On the back of her neck she carries a mark that looks like a very stylized bow and arrow.

In her Humility form, her hair is longer and flutters in an ever-present breeze. Her mode of dress also changes - a breastplate that resembles the wings of a dragon, and a 'loincloth' of a dragon's head with eyes that glow as if they were alive are her only adornments.

Bio: Born and raised in a tiny mountain town, Kate developed a powerful belief in the power of a family unit. She started her alchemical studies at the age of 16 after her little sister's death, seeking to restore her family's wholeness. This attempt, obviously, failed and resulted in the loss of her leg and fingers. After receiving automail replacements, she went into hiding for quite a few years. After mastering the use of her Elemental alchemy and the ability to use her automail fingers for delicate work, she signed up with the military at the age of 21. She became a state alchemist, with the title 'Tempest', representing both her specialization and temper. A few of her comrades would refer to her as 'Tempest in a Teapot', much to her annoyance.

She abandoned the military shortly before the war in Ishbal, and was branded a traitor to the country. Shortly after she was hunted down and killed by a Homunculus called Pride, but quickly revived with an ancient Ishbalan ritual. But while she was no longer dead, she had become a solder for the side of the Gate of Light, Humility. She took up a quiet life on a farm with her sister for a good time, until she came across this strange place...

Personality: Kate is typically rather serene, dealing with small problems in a calm manner. She adores children, to the extent of taking any abused or abandoned young ones into her loving arms. Her anger is very hard to bring out, but the one sure-fire way to invoke her rage is to harm a child before her. Her anger is relentless, and it's hard to gain back her trust if one angers or betrays her. Not one to attack another without reason, if she does inflict harm on another you can be sure that they have done something very wrong.

Her Humility form's personality is similar, if slightly harder to poke into anger.

Other: She can manipulate the elements (particularly ice) with her alchemy, and summon a large eastern dragon named Suoh. She's rather weak in hand-to-hand in combat, specializing in support and long-distance.
Suggestions!: FMAland :B

ohgod she looks kinda like a mary sue now but I love her so~ xD

I left out the part where she's supposed to be Ed's wifey because 1) *coughmarysuecough* 2) if anyone is Ed they might not want to. ^ ^; (OH OH unless I can be Pride!Ed too?)

wtf this post is fracking huge D: I'll cry if I have to redo it ; ;

Last edited:

Nyahaha. >:3

Name: Vairo Stormshade (Vai)
Species: Human...?
Series: Maple Story~
Appearance: Vai wears a black, white lined hat with goggles on them, and a loose black shirt lined with gold streaks. Her pants are decorated the same way. Vai has a pair of black feathered wings(fully functional) and carries a dagger.

Bio: Vai left Maple Island at twelve, like all the inhabitants there. She travelled to Kerning City, and trained to become a Thief under the Dark Lord. Two years later, she returned to become a Bandit. Nothing different from any kid on Victoria Island. She entered one of the common portals near the Dungeon and ended up on some kind of a plain.
Personality: PO'd plox.
Other:
Suggestions!: MAPLE STORY but you probably won't know anything about it. So.. The Cave of Dragonflies is nice, I heard. XD (Psst Maple Story rly)

FAN CHARACTER

Name: Zook
Species: Faerie Dragon
Series: Warcraft
Bio: In his younger years, Zook was corrupted by his inherent ability to feed off of the magical energy surrounding most creatures in his homeland, the Emerald Dream. He used this both as an offensive weapon and as a source of power, growing stronger while killing thousands of Fey creatures. He began to lead a cult-like following to wage a war within the realm, threatening its stability. As a result, he was banished from the Emerald Dream, and all memories of its location were forcefully erased. Cut off from his source of life-sustaining magical energy and growing weaker, Zook discovered a method to drain the very life force of other creatures and use that as a substitute for magical energy. Now, after nearly half a century of leading a nomadic life, Zook longs to find a way to return to the beauty that is his childhood home, and find others of his species.
Personality: Zook is resourceful and cunning, and likes to take advantage of his adorable appearance (For those who don't know, he can probably best be described as a little blue-colored lizard, about a foot long, with moth-like antennae and butterfly-like wings) to make friends and get in close with others. When it suits him to keep a connection, he's very loyal and reliable, even appearing charitable, but when it doesn't, he's very quick to sever ties.
Other: I think I should describe some of his abilities, as they're based on but not exactly the same as the ones in Warcraft. Zook uses his body as a battery for magical energy. He can use his own energy to attack and defend with, and he can absorb energy from others, in two ways. Magical energy is more natural. He is immune to nearly all spells, and instead of being affected by them, he can absorb the energy from the spell. He can also absorb energy directly from a caster, leaving their spells weaker or eventually leaving them unable to cast. In addition, he can absorb life energy from other creatures, but because he has to convert this energy into a form that he can use, this process is much slower than the magical process. Whenever he is draining energy from another creature, he is immobile for the duration of this attack (like a flea), and glows a very bright light blue. Normally, his body is very small and fragile, and many conventional attacks, should they hit him undefended, could kill him quite easily. However, he has a couple defenses against this. He has the natural ability to phase shift, or disappear from the current realm of reality for a small time to appear later. He can then use his own energy to teleport short distances, with the further away he goes, the more energy he needs to use. Theoretically, he could travel between realms without the need for a crystal point, but this would require an immense storage of energy, so this is unlikely. In addition to his phase shift, he has the ability to surround himself with his energy, using it as a mana shield to protect himself from most attacks. The more energy he pumps into this shield, the stronger attacks it can repel, but also the less energy he has available for his own attacks. He can reabsorb most of the energy of the shield, but a sizable amount does get dispersed into the atmosphere around him every time he uses this ability. For actual attacks, his ability to siphon mana and life energy does act as an attack, but it's risky to use on an enemy of full strength. He does have a natural, relatively weak breath attack that is the only other thing he can use to attack other magic-immune creatures, but more commonly, he can infuse this with a bolt of magical energy, either from his own storage or from spells cast in the general area, to give a stronger attack, based upon the amount of energy he uses. Whenever he uses or absorbs energy, he glows brightly based upon the power that is required for this. The glow represents the energy lost to the atmosphere, as energy transfer is not 100% efficient. He will always have a small glow or sparkle, as he requires energy just to live and move. If there are any other questions, just ask. I know this is possibly the longest 'Other' in recent history ;)
Suggestions!: :p How about the Emerald Dream from Warcraft?

Cryptica, link008, Full Metal Cookies (Just don't godmode her and you're fine), Dragon, and Kali the Flygon: All accepted.

Also, FMC, I'm not quite sure who Pride!Ed is. If you want to play another character, that's fine, though.

I have a lot of research to do...:P

Last edited:

Name: Claus(Guess three times why I chose that name)
Species: Typhlosion
Hero or Villain?: Villain.
Appearance: A normal Typhlosion, although the "flame collar" around his neck is usually no burning, and his eyes are usually closed and he tends to have a smile on his face, somewhat like Gin Ichimaru.
Personality: Claus is a calm and gentle Pokémon, who seem to be quite timid at times, this is especially obvious after he said something stupid, and ends up getting hit, which he tends to do once in a while. But he can go into a blind rage if angered.
Other:
Suggestions!: Dr. Wily's castle, Final Destination, Luigi's mansion, the Galaxies from Super Mario Galaxy.

Do you have to register to suggest a new world? Otherwise The World of F-Zero would be awesome.

The Oodsphere from Dr Who would be great, and a big difference from some of the other ones.

Alrighty, I'll accept that too. Although I'll have to do some research, since I know absolutely nothing about Dr. Who...>_>

Also, a bit on the worlds: I'm going to combine ones from the same universe (Like Dr. Wily's Castle with the overall Megaman universe, etc). I'm also going to temporarily cut off suggestions after a few more to keep things from getting too muddled early on. Across the worlds there will be clues to which world is causing the destruction. Finding out which one it is will not necessarily end the RP, but that's thinking too far ahead.

The ood-sphere is a good idea, most DW worlds are actually. The page is here.
250px-Ood-Sphere.jpg

Can't you start the RP now? There's like eight people now, four villains and four heroes, isn't that enough. In other news: The Super Metroid opening theme is the creepiest song ever.

Well, I was waiting for some more people to show up who said they were going to sign up, but we can start now. I've set it up so it's pretty easy for anyone to jump in...

Oh, and I'm going to add a few of my own world suggestions, and then they'll be cut off temporarily. I think we have enough to start with.

Name:Link
Series:Legend of Zelda
Hero or Villain?: Hero (duh)
Personality: Nothing to add, really.
Other: If this is even relevant.. he's kind of a mix of all the Links. Not that that will affect anything too much, but still.
Suggestions!: I have none.

(Is it possible, *because theres final destination* I could be master hand or Tabuu or even like Ridley or something and be a villain?.)

FAN CHARACTER
Name: Tabuu
Species: Creator
Series: Super Smash Bros.
Appearance: A tall, humanoid, blue creature.
tabuu.jpg

History: Lives in Subspace and is trying to destroy the super smash bros world.
Personality: Masterful.
Suggestions: Subspace? If not Final Destination is just fine.

If thats not allowed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom