• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

6/10 I'll be honest here; I can't stand Runescape. Or just about any MMO for that matter, as well as the music in them. The only ones I've ever been able to get into are PSO, and Shin Megami Tensei Imagine.

Cave/I Can Hear the Shriek - Chaos Legion

Music for Stage 8, Kuzca the Grand Cave. This game, in my opinion, is the only action game (Aside from MadWorld, and Suda51's works that is) that can even hold a candle/is probably even better, than Devil May Cry. Of course... To be fair, until Bayonetta comes out, Devil May Cry is the only series out there in the Stylish Action genre...

8/10 I happen to prefer the Brawl version myself, partly because Michiko Naruke, one of my favorite composers, did the Brawl version.

Speaking of Michiko Naruke...
When the Heart Ignites - Wild ARMs 5

There need to be more Weird West themed JRPGs, like Wild ARMs. With the exception of 4, the series is so awesome.

6/10 I'll be honest here; I can't stand Runescape. Or just about any MMO for that matter, as well as the music in them.
<3 I love you so much it's not even funny. Seriously. :/

@Beastly song: Beastly, bro; very up-beat, I lieky. What game is this? Also, I just got an email about IMAGINE! Is it any good? Honestly, most of Aeria is crap, cept's Shaiya. D=

Hell's Whisper Nice song.

Edit: Dayum, Male Gardevoir, you sure do like MOTHER 3. Your new name is Mama's Boy ;p

Last edited:
blazing hearts you win

Runescape was good before jagex lost its ever loving mind and became so paranoid about real world item traders they were willing to rape the game of its enjoyability in an attempt to stop them, an attempt that has stopped jack shit

now on topic

7/10. Very nice theme, it would give a great air for a haunted house or something.

Perfect Dark Gaia theme. I like this one (although I don't like the game much - there hasn't been a good Sonic game since SA2:B). It gives an air of an epic battle where you're coming out as the victor to me.

You're so overreacting, Jagex didn't WANT to rape the game, they tried their best to make it better, they didn't know that everyone would hate the changes. Besides, To someone like me that only trade buy the new oh so enjoyable Grand Exchange, where money limit do not mean shit, and never PvP, I barely noticed those changes, with the exception that it was easier to travel the Wilderness when there wasn't a Revenant on your ass.
But seeing that so many here hate Runescape, I won't bother to post any songs from it unless I really really want too.

Anyway, 7/10, I think that track is overrated, but it's rather good.

Cyrus Battle - Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
This is my favourite track in the game.

Last edited:
I never thought Runescape was raped or anything. I've just never liked it for some reason.

@Beastly song: Beastly, bro; very up-beat, I lieky. What game is this? Also, I just got an email about IMAGINE! Is it any good? Honestly, most of Aeria is crap, cept's Shaiya. D=
It's from the PS2 game Chaos Legion. It's a very good game. Buy it if you can, it's only $7 used at Gamestop.
And IMAGINE is pretty good. I'm mainly playing it for the story (It takes place between Shin Megami Tensei II, and NOCTURNE), but it's fun. My only problem is that befriending demons is harder than it ever has been in the series. You literally have be half-dead, stripped of all pride, and just start kowtowing, if you even want a Pixie to join you. It's more ridiculous than Persona 2.

@ Male Gardevoir's song

9/10 It's awesome, but I like the Shirona and Galactic Grunt Battle themes just a little bit more.

Lion ~ Irony of Fate - Tales of Destiny PS2 Remake version

From the battle with Lion in Tales of Destiny. This fight precedes one of the more depressing moments in the Tales series (It's more depressing if you play through this, then Destiny 2, then Lion's Side, then the main scenario again x.x).

Tales of Destiny did it before Final Fantasy VII (I think you may or may not know what I mean... FFIV doesn't count, cause of that games fucking revolving door party members.)

How did they not expect people to dislike them taking away the goddamn wilderness and replacing it with some halfassed Bounty Hunter game? Besides, if they really cared, they would get rid of the changes and come up with a new idea to stop them, or at least tone them down a bit. No. When people started complaining, a Jmod posted a long message along the lines of people willing to adapt that could basically be summed up in one middle finger. And guess what? It hasn't even stopped the item traders, it's just slowed them down and forced them to change their operations a bit. Jagex is too stubborn to realize they made a mistake, so I'm not giving them my money anymore.

It's great you didn't notice the changes at all because you don't PvP, but a lot of others did, and they're the ones who are pissed. Removing the wilderness affected every skill in the game save for Construction.

(/rant)

I don't care if you keep posting Runescape music. The music is good, I'll give it that much.

ANYWAY

8/10. It sounds like an epic boss battle theme. Note to self: play Tales of... anything.

Rainbow Road Mario Kart 64 theme. It sounds really calming and nice, but personally, I prefer the DS version.

Those players who liked to PvP got ENTIRE WORLDS that was Wilderness, so what should they complain for?

7/10
It's good by the standard, but not my thing.

Final Boss Music - Mario and Luigi RPG 3
I have a hard time believing this goes well with a boss fight, but that's not my point. My point is that it rocks.

Meh, not a fan of Mario music really. 4/10

Change of Scenery, one of my favorite tracks from Path of Radiance. It's great for the setting of the battle, but you guys wouldn't know that, would you?

Also, Blazing Hearts, I'll prolly try Imagine when I feel like downloading it. We could be buddies. :/

Edit: Nvm, Rally the Spirit is much bettuh. You can still click the other link if you want.

Last edited:
FE fan too? I think I'm around my sixth playthrough now. Needs to a be a bit harder.

I can imagine that being a good song in battle, but it's a little repetitive. Kinda gets boring after the first verse. 7/10

Nidohogg
One of my favorite in-game songs, on one of my favorite video game soundtrack.

10/10
Rockman is the only series I that's perfect in my opinion. Capcom could do whatever to it, and it still wouldn't be ruined for me, if it IS shitty. Oh, and my rating is a little biased, because Mega Man X was the very first game I've ever played (I think I was about 3...), and it's probably my biggest obsession, Castlevania and Tales taling closely after.

Morph Moth Stage (Robot Junkyard) - Mega Man X 2

One of my favorite bosses in MMX2, which is kinda weird, when you take my extreme insect & spider phobia into account.

9/10
It defiantly creates an interesting feeling listening to it, in what situation does it play?

Reflux the Knaaren - Rayman 3
This song plays when you fight the magician-champion from the Knaaren tribe, a sort of violent desert beast who likes to rip living things up and eat whatever they find inside(even if they never get to do it), and it certainly puts you in the mood for such a fight.

It defiantly creates an interesting feeling listening to it, in what situation does it play?

It plays during the boss fight when Pamela, the heroine, becomes cursed. It's one of the last bosses.

@ your music; 8/10. Rayman music has always been funky, and it never fails to impress. BTW; How is Rayman 3 anyways? I've only played the first one once when it came out, and I have the 2nd one on the Dreamcast... But I never got around to playing 3.

Ark ver.1 - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (PS2)

Another Klonoa song. This is one of my personal favorites in the game. Klonoa has this nice habit of using music that goes almost perfectly with each stage, and it really shows here, in a stage that's largely supposed to be relaxing, with an atmosphere made for solving puzzles.

Rayman 3 is a very good game, it's funny, charming with awesome boss fights(Some are a tad easy, but whatever) I totally recommend it. By the way, is Pamela that furry cat/rabbit thing pictured?

Anyway, 8/10, it's a nice song, but it's more then relaxing in my opinion.

Serious - MOTHER 3
My favourite of the normal battle themes, it's also famous for being an ass to combo too, seeing that the beat is extremely tricky.

I don't know what it is, I like the song and the it suits a battle (it is a battle theme right?) but I don't like the beat. Still, its a great song.

8/10

Solaris Stage 2- His World.

Crap Game but great tune.

Rayman 3 is a very good game, it's funny, charming with awesome boss fights(Some are a tad easy, but whatever) I totally recommend it. By the way, is Pamela that furry cat/rabbit thing pictured?

Ahh, I'll have to look to see if I can find it online sometime. I'm sure I can take easy too; Klonoa is one of the easiest games out there, with the exception of the occasional puzzle that stumps the player xD And, no, that's not Pamela in the picture. The cabbit in the picture is the main character, Klonoa.

Anyways; 8/10. Neat song =O

Stab the Sword of Justice - Star Ocean: The Second Story/Star Ocean: Second Evolution (PSX/PSP, respectively)

The main battle theme from one of my favorite PSX RPGs. I really like the way it builds up at the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom