• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

...Why can't I seem to get that right. Actions, yes.
As for Sucker Punch, the idea behind that was the 'underhanded nature' it's supposed to be, noted since normally the swap wouldn't set it off, not being counted as an offensive action (and in the case of an attack being used right after the swap, it presumably wouldn't disrupt the swap). The extra effect of bypassing the stat changes was with the defensive stances in mind, but it's kind of irrelevant at the moment (An extra for the 'low blow' factor), and probably simpler to just say that it will hit while she's swapping.

[Amaturasu] Riolu (Female)
<Inner Focus>

Signature Attribute: Fight Stance

- At a very early age, Amaturasu was involved in an incident which ultimately led to her dominant arm being torn off - and although modern-day prosthetics were available to compensate, she refused to use one. Given her position and lifestyle, this normally would come as a major handicap if she were unable to adapt - but as it goes, from adversity came adaptability in spades.
With only her off-hand remaining, Ammy developed a style focused entirely on kicks - and although she loses the capability for some moves, she is adept at using numerous traditionally hand-strikes with her feet instead. Most of these moves she refers to properly with a 'Kick' suffix (Such as Ice Punch -> Ice Kick) though in the end the names are merely a cosmetic tweak.

What gives Ammy an edge, however, is her ability to swap between multiple fighting stances to better suit her situation - after having to fight through a wide range of foes and situations, she developed over time for herself multiple stances which can immediately attune her body to a new fighting style. Doing so mid-combat can be risky, however, and if attacked she must take a moment to re-adapt to countering her opponent on the fly.
The stances she can currently use effectively are as follows:

'Kyorugi Joombi': ('Fighting Stance') - The basic stance, named after its counterpart in the TaeKwonDo discipline. This stance is the default Amaturasu will take at the start of a match unless commanded otherwise, and imparts no modifiers.

Chagi: ('Kick / Kickstance') - An offensive stance which places emphasis on dealing damage and adjusts weight ratio to better deliver heavier blows. Of course, this has the cost of causing moves to become more physically exerting, as well as leaving her more open to counter-hits.
Grants a 1.5x damage modifier to Kicking moves. All moves (Damage-mod affected or not) will take 3% more energy. Sets Defence and Special Defence at -3.
Moves Affected: 'Force Kick', Low Kick, Hi Jump Kick, 'Focus Kick', Brick Break, 'Shadow Kick', 'Drain Kick', 'Ice Kick', 'Thunderkick', Blaze Kick.

Effects: Allows Amaturasu to change fighting stances mid-fight to alter her style. Effects of each style are listed above. Switching costs 3% energy.
- Swapping styles does not take a full action to complete if Amaturasu is not attacked the action she swaps. If she is attacked, that entire action is used as a 'Swap' action and costs an additional 2% energy.
- Changes made by styles are applied with 'switch priority' and so will always be applied BEFORE the action starts. For instance, if Ammy switches to her kick stance the same action an opponent uses Quick Attack, she will still receive the -3 Defence penalty in defending against it.
- The move Sucker Punch affects stance swaps, and thus if used will disrupt and invoke the swap penalty.

Moveset Alterations:
- Cross Chop, Bullet Punch, Sky Uppercut, Fury Cutter, Dig
Approved.

I am seriously getting annoyed at how many times I have to repost this stuff.

[Nero] Baltoy (Genderless) - $5
Ability: Levitate

[Cainus] Growlithe (Male) - $10
Ability: Flash Fire
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[DiamondBack] Seviper (Male) - $15
Ability: Shed Skin
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Ferno] Charmander (Male) - $10
Ability: Blaze

So -$40 total. Decided against spending it all.

BANK LINK HERE

I am seriously getting annoyed at how many times I have to repost this stuff.

Move Mod:
Body Mod:

Move Mod:
Body Mod:

BANK LINK HERE

Well I'm sorry you're getting frustrated, but you need to be more careful because you keep forgetting little things. Every bank post needs to have a transaction in it in equation format, like the first time you did it.

Move Mod:
Body Mod:

Move Mod:
Body Mod:

HEY LOOK A WILD BANK LINK!!

Last edited:

I am creating an ASB team. (Nothing cocky. Do you have a problem with that?)

(Dagger) Chimchar (M) (10$) (Trainer Discount)
Ability: Already known, but Blaze. :D

[Zero] Riolu (M) (20$)
Ability: Inner Forcus

[Joy] Togepi [F] (10$)
Ability: Serene Grace

A team of three Pokemon. Let's see how far I can go.

Bank Transaction here.

Move Mod:
Body Mod:

Move Mod:
Body Mod:

HEY LOOK A WILD BANK LINK!!

Approved.

是Zek是;372824 said:
I am creating an ASB team. (Nothing cocky. Do you have a problem with that?)

(Dagger) Chimchar (M) (10$) (Trainer Discount)
Ability: Already known, but Blaze. :D

[Zero] Riolu (M) (20$)
Ability: Inner Forcus

[Joy] Togepi [F] (10$)
Ability: Serene Grace

A team of three Pokemon. Let's see how far I can go.

Bank Transaction here.

Approved.

[Phineh] Phione (Genderless) - $30
Ability: Hydration

[Blaze] Cyndaquil (Male) - $10

[Hoppy] Hoppip (Male) - $5
Ability: Chlorophyll

Uh-yup. Link.

Last edited:

Buying a new pokemon! A pseudo-legendary!

246.png

[Ace]Larvitar(M)
Abillity: Guts
WTF LARSY WASTES HIS MUNNY

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom