• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Double team clones will always mimic their creators, so they will change color/turn invisible if their creator also does. However, substitutes do not imitate their creators and therefore won't.

Does stockpile cost the amount of energy indicated to stockpile, or does swallow/spit up? How much does the other one cost?

Stockpile costs the amount of energy indicated. Swallow and spit up cost 3-4% energy depending on what's using them.

I feel as though this has been asked already, but, how long should a Torment last?

Also, in a double battle, would using Attract at a teammate yield positive results?

Last edited:
For torment, five actions. Attract will *work* against a teammate, yeah, but I don't know what you mean by "positive results"... they'll still sometimes ignore you and space out and so forth, which doesn't seem so positive to me, but attract won't fail or anything.

I think MF might mean protecting the Attractor against attacks, jumping in front, attacking those that hit the infatuator, etc. Stop me if I'm wrong MF.

The attracted pokémon might be more eager to attack pokémon that would be the target of its affection, and I guess it might occasionally try to defend it, but it wouldn't reliably do so.

Mimic would simply fail if used on the same move twice or a move already in the Pokémon's movepool, correct?

EDIT: Suction Cups. The 'extreme immobility', would that be best represented as halved speed? Negative priority on movement-based moves? Or some other way?

EDIT: Suction Cups. The 'extreme immobility', would that be best represented as halved speed? Negative priority on movement-based moves? Or some other way?
Usually it's just that -- they have a hard time going from one place to another. Which may limit the usability of certain moves.

Restating my question on Mimic.
Also, can Ditto transform into a liquid or a gas? Transform's description doesn't specify, but implies solid things only. Also the fact that it can become Grimer / Muk (what they're sort of liquidy) and Gastly would suggest that they could.

EDIT: Exeggcute. How easy are they to shatter? Presumably hard. And do their insides spill out if they should fall over or something?

...Wow, that sounds ridiculous.

Last edited:
The description of Sandstorm says Rock-, Steel- and/or Rock-types get their special defense boosted by x1.5, but there's no such a thing in the ASB. And even if it's supposed to mean "it decreases damage from special attacks by two thirds", that's a tad broken, because x1.5 is as much as super-effective attacks do of extra damage.

Did you mean something else?

Presumably that description shouldn't be including steel- and ground-types in the list of things that get boosted, either.

A x1.5 boost in the games is equivalent to a 1-stage stat boost; the description should probably be edited to make that clearer, true, but just treat a sandstorm boost as a +1 to special defense.

Presumably that description shouldn't be including steel- and ground-types in the list of things that get boosted, either.
Well, actually, it doesn't. I was under that impression, but, now that I check it again, it does say inly Rock-types get the boost.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure I knew this before but now I can't seem to remember, so, if an indirect healing attack is used to absorb energy, does the user regain energy or health out of it?

Last edited:
energy, iirc. I'll find it later.

EDIT:
dream eater said:
The user can be commanded to attack either energy or health with this attack and will restore half as much of either as is drained from the opponent.

presumably also applies to the others.

A x1.5 boost in the games is equivalent to a 1-stage stat boost; the description should probably be edited to make that clearer, true, but just treat a sandstorm boost as a +1 to special defense.

I have a problem with this. iirc Rain Dance and Sunny Day boost water and fire moves by 1.5x, respectively, in the games, but in ASB it was nerfed so that they only multiply by 1.25x. In my mind, rock-types should, similarly, get 3/4 damage from special attacks in a sandstorm.

negrek said something about not making them so weak as to never be useful, but not so strong as to negate the effect of more important mechanics... somewhere?

Outside of the defense boosts for rocks, I don't see much of a point to Sandstorm, frankly. Everyone and their mom gets Toxic, which is a far superior form of gradual damage, since it keeps increasing and doesn't fade after three rounds or so. I don't think the damage reduction would be too broken, either, since it's basically erasing STAB bonus (if it had it in the first place, I mean).

Mimic would simply fail if used on the same move twice or a move already in the Pokémon's movepool, correct?

Also, can Ditto transform into a liquid or a gas? Transform's description doesn't specify, but implies solid things only. Also the fact that it can become Grimer / Muk (what they're sort of liquidy) and Gastly would suggest that they could.

EDIT: Exeggcute. How easy are they to shatter? Presumably hard. And do their insides spill out if they should fall over or something?

...Wow, that sounds ridiculous.

*Cough*

EDIT: How does a Pokémon use an attack that would be anatomically impossible, such as a Gorebyss with Clamp?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom