• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Darksong vs. Mai

Just let Echo hurt herself, Harlequin; pretty sure you're not supposed to use cold to treat burns. Lukewarm water's the thing for that. Just use substitute for protection, 15% sounds about right. Next, rain dance. Might help her burn out a bit, but. It's worth it! Next, use brine. According to Altered Origin's calculator, it does 22% damage. With rain dance, it'd say that would hit the damage cap pretty easily. Pretty good payout, right?

Substitute~Rain dance~Brine

The Kokuboro

The Kokuboro castle is a huge palace-like complex with seemingly no way out. It is built somewhat oddly for a castle, though; the roofs are dark blue, with the walls being white with wood-colored trim. The castle has a faint evil aura all around it, causing Dark-type moves to be powered up. Pokémon with the Justified ability will be put on edge, and will gain double the Attack bonus when hit by a Dark-type move. The sky around Kokuboro is perpetually a dark twilight color. The particular area where this battle takes place is a courtyard, on a large rectangle of dirt surrounded by castle walls. On one side of the courtyard is a long staircase that leads to a walkway about fifteen feet high, which runs around the perimeter of a courtyard. This walkway is surrounded by castle walls of even higher elevation; most flying Pokémon cannot get over these walls without much effort.
Other: Only baby or basic Pokémon are allowed.
Effects of the arena:
- Dark-type moves do 1% more damage, after all other damage calculations
- Pokémon with the Justified ability have their Attack raised by two stages after being hit by a Dark-type move, rather than by one stage.​

Darksong (xOo)
cubone
Echo (f) <lightningrod>
Health: 48%
Energy: 40%
- "My throat..." Attack +2, confused (severe), burned (moderate, 3% damage/round, attack halved).
Chills: 0/5

Mai (xOo)
oshawott
Harlequin (m) <torrent>
Health: 64%
Energy: 72%
- "SHUT UP." Poisoned (severe, 2% this round, 3% next); focused (4 more rounds).
Chills: 0/5​

Harlequin took a moment to gather some mud, forming it into a little tiny oshawott look-alike. He then spat on it, a tiny stream of water, and the water soaked into the mud, bringing it to life... somehow. The smaller oshawott grew and stretched and stepped next to its maker protectively, ready to take any damage for Harlequin in case it might come.

Luckily, no such thing should happen just yet. Echo stepped forward, trying to do something - but he just stumbled onto his face, clearly unfocused, and whimpered when he hit his nose on his own skull. It did really hurt quite a bit, and he sat down, rubbing his nose pathetically.

Harlequin grinned, stretching his beak wide, and spread his tiny fins upwards to the dark sky. Something above crashed in response, a loud thud, and a sudden boom of rain exploded onto the arena, showering both battlers and the substitute quite thoroughly. Harlequin's grin spread, while Echo shook his head, clearly distrought. Water? Ewww.... uhg.

He got up, stumbling over to Harlequin, and kicked some mud up into the oshawott's face - or tried to, because the substitute quickly took the hit, and it just rubbed the mud right off. Echo frowned, clearly disappointed at how ineffective his attack was, and sat right back down, nursing his wounds.

He'd soon regret sitting so close. Harlequin gathered the rain pouring down, somehow enveloping himself with it; it rose like a wave above him, and he threw it forwards, covering the tiny Echo in its might. Echo was drenched in water, but even worse - it was salty. It seeped into his wounds and burned like all hell, and he screeched in pain; even when the water swept passed him, the salt remained in his wounds, and only the pouring rain helped relieve his pain. He whimpered pathetically; he barely had any strength left to stand.

But he did, he stood, if only for a second - and then he stumbled back onto his butt, whimpering madly. The pain was so overwhelming and his confused state was even more so, he just couldn't think. It was quite clear he wouldn't last much longer, not like this.​

Darksong (xOo)
cubone
Echo (f) <lightningrod>
Health: 11% (capped)
Energy: 37%
- "Bwuh..." Attack +2; confused (severe), burned (moderate, 3% damage/round, attack halved).

Mai (xOo)
oshawott
Harlequin (m) <torrent>
Health: 46% | Sub: 13%
Energy: 48%
- ">D" Poisoned (severe, 3% this round, 4% next); focused (3 more rounds).

Arena Notes:
None.

Final Notes:
- Echo hit herself in confusion on the first and third action.
- Mai attacks.

How much energy did brine take, exactly?

(Also I will ref your battle soon, sorry. D: I've got the calculations done, I just can't write for some reason.)

Yeah, that's a bit much. No need to overdo it, Harlequin!

Aqua jet three times, because according to Kratos' calculator one should be just enough to KO her. If she protects/detects/does anything that makes it so you can't hit her use sword dance on the first two actions and chill on the last. That's just about it.

Aqua jet/Sword dance~ Aqua jet/Sword dance~ Aqua jet/Chill

You know what, I'm just going to forfeit this battle. It's stressing me out more than I'm enjoying it. I'm probably just going to quit ASB, since I'm not having much fun with it anymore.

I've never reset my account before, though, so... how would battle records and stuff like that work?

I know how to close my account, I was just wondering about battle records and stuff. That's okay though.
I'm pretty darn sure that I want to forfeit, though. I've been thinking for a few days and I still want to.

Alright. Azuraine gets 2 exp, Echo gets 2 exp; Harlequin and Prince both get 1 exp. Mai gets $16 and, I'm not sure if Darksong gets prizes, but I'll go with yes until Negrek says otherwise so they get $6. I get $5 and Glace gets $5.

I know how to close my account, I was just wondering about battle records and stuff. That's okay though.
I'm pretty darn sure that I want to forfeit, though. I've been thinking for a few days and I still want to.
Since battle records aren't recorded officially anywhere at this point, if you close your account it won't make any difference to them. When I put them into the ASB system eventually, everyone will get the choice of whether they want to keep their old records or start over. After that point, closing or resetting your account will delete your battle records.

Alright. Azuraine gets 2 exp, Echo gets 2 exp; Harlequin and Prince both get 1 exp. Mai gets $16 and, I'm not sure if Darksong gets prizes, but I'll go with yes until Negrek says otherwise so they get $6. I get $5 and Glace gets $5.
The person who forfeits gets no money, but they still get EXP; doesn't really matter, though, if she's planning to reset her account anyway.

I'm not surely planning to reset my account (it probably sounded that way with how I worded it, though); it was just a consideration. I don't think I'll have much time once the school year begins in a month, so some of it will depend on how much free time I have.

Back
Top Bottom