• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Greaser Lala vs. Phantom

Summergale

2v2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon, weather changers, and Ground Type Moves
Arena: Glass Tower

A 5 leveled tower with thick stained glass serving as the floors. Ceramic pots and vases are neatly piled on tables in the corners of each room, serving as a free weapon to be thrown. However, 3 of the 10 pots on each floor contain a potion instantly restoring 15% health. Using one of these pots takes up an action. Due to the quality of the floor, it will give out and break after a minimum exchange of 35% damage in the Pokémon's attacks. The fall to the floor beneath will deal 5-9% damage per Pokémon. The trainers begin on the 5th floor. Once they reach the first floor, trainers have 3 rounds before the match is over regardless of whether both trainers still have Pokémon left, since the tower will soon collapse.

Greaser Lala's Active Squad:

tepig
[Pigsy] Tepig (Male)
Ability: Blaze

trubbish
[Truffles] Trubbish (Female)
Ability: Stench

cottonee
[Willow] Cottonee (Female)
Ability: Infiltrator

Phantom's Active Squad:

charmeleon
[Kadan] Charmeleon (Male)
Ability: Blaze
Item: Dawn Stone

haunter
[My Dark Soul] Haunter (Male)
Ability: Levitate
Item: Repaer Cloth

manectric
[Blitz] Manectric (Female)
Ability: Lightningrod

aerodactyl
[Fl'hight] Aerodactyle (Male)
Ability: Rock Head

Useful Information:

The RNG decrees as following:

1. Greaser Lala selects their Pokémon.
  2. Phantom selects their Pokémon and issues commands.
  3. Greaser Lala issues commands.
  4. I referee the ensuing melee and try to do it well.

Let's get this show on the road! Apologies for the delay.

Before we start, I'd just like to ask in order to clear some arena issues up: If a pot is broken and a potion falls out, is it automatically used? And if so, on whom? Also, I'm assuming the floor breaks after 35% damage is done in total in a round, but if that limit is exceeded before a round end, would the floor break mid-round?

Last edited:
Let's have Truffles start us up please ;D

Okie
-Unless the pot is broken due to an action asking for the Pokemon to use a Potion, the Potion is no longer of use. It is automatically off limits.

-Yes, in total in a round. If that is reached mid-round the floor will give way and after damage from the fall is dealt the round ends. It'd be irrational to assume they can get back on their feet that readily so cancel the remaining actions.

Go My Dark Soul. Kick some ass!

Use Hypnosis. If that works follow up with Dream Eater twice. If Hypnosis doesn't work use I want you to phase out and hide while the Trubbish moves, then you take you next opportunity to use Psychic.

Hypnosis~Dream Eater/Phase~Dream Eater/Psychic

Figures you'd choose the Haunter, hehe.

Alright, Protect yourself from Hypnosis. Then use Double Team to make 3 clones to confuse him and end with Attract to have him obsessed with your undeniable cuteness.

Protect ~ Double Team (3) ~ Attract

Greaser Lala vs. Phantom - Round 1

2v2 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon, weather changers, and Ground Type Moves

A 5 leveled tower with thick stained glass serving as the floors. Ceramic pots and vases are neatly piled on tables in the corners of each room, serving as a free weapon to be thrown. However, 3 of the 10 pots on each floor contain a potion instantly restoring 15% health. Using one of these pots takes up an action. Due to the quality of the floor, it will give out and break after a minimum exchange of 35% damage in the Pokémon's attacks. The fall to the floor beneath will deal 5-9% damage per Pokémon. The trainers begin on the 5th floor. Once they reach the first floor, trainers have 3 rounds before the match is over regardless of whether both trainers still have Pokémon left, since the tower will soon collapse.

All is calm in the Glass Tower, the wind howling gently outside and the tower itself gleaming in the sunlight. If there was anybody present, they would not suspect the magnitude of the battle about to take place. The heralds of such destruction appear with a soft pop, a brief flash of light signifying their arrival via teleportation - there really is not other way to get to the fifth floor, given the lack of stairs. The only way down is to crash, apparently. The trainers send out their Pokémon after brief consideration, and the battle commences.

Greaser Lala
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

trubbish
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Protect ~ Double Team (3) ~ Attract
Condition: Gently stinking, eager to begin the fight.

Phantom
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

haunter
Energy: 100%
Commands: Hypnosis~Dream Eater/Phase~Dream Eater/Psychic
Condition: Wavering in and out of existence while glaring at Truffles.

Round 1, begin!

One would assume a walking, thinking garbage bag would be slow on her feet (if it was even a "she"; the referee could see no way to tell), but clearly Truffles was a Trubbish on a mission. Specifically, a mission to avoid the ruby-red glare of My Dark Soul. She raised both stubby arms, bits of grit and grime falling from them as she did so. At once a glowing green dome shimmered into existence over her head, pulsing faintly in the reflected light. My Dark Soul let off a low, ethereal growl at the sight of the dome, his eyes returning to their usual white as he ceased the attack.

The Haunter decided to follow this up by phasing; while there was nowhere for him to really hide, there were some handy pots and vases in a corner, so he drifted across and settled inside one. Sadly, it was devoid of any potion, and he would have sighed had he actually been tangible at the time.

Meanwhile, Truffles looked around in open confusion at the fact that her opponent had simply up and vanished on her. That was the height of bad manners, if she was being honest. But commands were commands, even if a certain Ghost-type was hiding. Like a coward. Sissy ghosty coward, Truffles mentally sighed. She tucked her garbage-arms into her body and rolled across the floor - she couldn't quite bring herself up to a proper speed given the smooth glass floor, but it was sufficient for three Trubbish-shaped clones to flicker uneasily into existence. Almost instantly the four Trubbish huddled, Truffles doing her best to shuffle about and mix up. No use giving away who was where, after all.

My Dark Soul slowly eased himself out of the ceramic vase, careful not to re-materialise too soon and break it. Now, c'mere poppet... I've got a surprise for you...
While he had seen the Double Team move at work, he couldn't quite discern which one was the real Truffles. Perhaps if he had possessed a nose he could have simply gone for the smelliest one, but that was, sadly, not an option. Instead her reached out with his thoughts and lashed out at a random Truffles...

...and was rewarded with a high-pitched squeal as she flew a few feet backwards from the force of the attack. With the real deal revealed, the three clones faded from sight, their job cut short before they could be of any real use. Truffles herself, meanwhile, lay on her back, gasping for breath and wondering if she still had all her garbage. The sheer power of the strike felt like a punch to the face (or just most of her body, given her complete lack of head). Still, the round wasn't quite done, and she stood back up with grim determination. You're going. To. Love. ME!

I should try that more often, Soul mused to himself as he watched the Trubbish stand up. He paused a moment later, though, when he realised - the bag of trash was making bedroom eyes at him. She stunk of waste! How was that meant to be attractive?! He shuddered in disgust, but found himself staring at her anyway. He couldn't help it. There was something alluring about the way the bag covered her, not quite showing everything off... Something was wrong here, but he didn't much mind.

Round 1 over!

Greaser Lala
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

trubbish
Health: 87%
Energy: 86%
Commands: Protect ~ Double Team (3) ~ Attract
Condition: It worked! It worked! - Still slightly winded, but pleased that at least something went right.

Phantom
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

haunter
Energy: 88%
Commands: Hypnosis ~ Phase ~ Psychic
Condition: Well, helloooo nurse... - Lovesick, but struggling to snap out of it.

End of Round Notes:
  • Hypnosis missed.
  • Psychic came within a few numbers of critting, but it did roll for a Special Defense drop.
  • My Dark Soul will break out of attraction more easily, since I doubt a sentient binliner would be that attractive to start with.
  • Ah, that "just started reffing again" smell. Love it!
  • See anything wrong? Tell me so I can fix it!
Next Round:
  • Greaser Lala issues commands.
  • Phantom issues commands.
  • I ref.

Begin by using Haze to flood the field with the thick air to help mask yourself and hide in a huddle of pots and be as still as possible so as not to give away what shrouded figure you are. Next, carefully use Sludge Wave so phasing won't save him. End with Stockpile. Given he Protects himself or phases out on the second action, use Amnesia and use Sludge Wave last instead. If he tries to avoid both actions, use Amnesia again.

Haze ~ Sludge Wave / Amnesia ~ Stockpile / Sludge Wave / Amnesia

OK, seriously Soul, it's a walking trashbag. You need to really sort out some things mate, I know you're a ghost, but seriously, WALKING. TRASHBAG. Just sayin'.

Something interesting then. I want you to become phase invisable first, and use this action to figure out which one is which. Then use Psychic, followed by another hypnosis.

(Stay invisable for the first action, remain phased for the rest.)

Phase (Invisable) ~ Psychic ~ Hypnosis

Greaser Lala vs. Phantom - Round 2

2v2 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/Pokémon, weather changers, and Ground Type Moves

A 5 levelled tower with thick stained glass serving as the floors. Ceramic pots and vases are neatly piled on tables in the corners of each room, serving as a free weapon to be thrown. However, 3 of the 10 pots on each floor contain a potion instantly restoring 15% health. Using one of these pots takes up an action. Due to the quality of the floor, it will give out and break after a minimum exchange of 35% 40% damage in the Pokémon's attacks. The fall to the floor beneath will deal 5-9% damage per Pokémon. The trainers begin on the 5th floor. Once they reach the first floor, trainers have 3 rounds before the match is over regardless of whether both trainers still have Pokémon left, since the tower will soon collapse.

Greaser Lala
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

trubbish
Health: 87%
Energy: 86%
Commands: Haze ~ Sludge Wave / Amnesia ~ Stockpile / Sludge Wave / Amnesia
Condition: It worked! It worked! - Still slightly winded, but pleased that at least something went right.

Phantom
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

haunter
Energy: 88%
Commands: Phase (Invisible) ~ Psychic ~ Hypnosis
Condition: Well, helloooo nurse... - Lovesick, but struggling to snap out of it.

Round 2, begin!

"...but seriously, WALKING. TRASHBAG. Just sayin'."

Soul shudders at his trainer's words. Most of his brain is quite ready to agree with her, but then a small part whimpers that <i>"really, if you ignore the smell... and the garbage..."</i>

But he manages to persuade himself that phasing will not really harm her, and so he fades from view entirely. His efforts are vastly aided by the sudden cold fog rolling around in the room, courtesy of Truffles. Truffles herself has hauled herself across to a stack of pots, curing into a ball and praying to... whatever diety a sentient trashbag might believe in that Soul will not find her. Though the haze may have strengthened whatever defenses were destroyed by the last one, Psychic attacks are painful and she has no intention of being hit.

My Dark Soul, on the other hand, scans the pots for any sign of life. He sees one that is slightly smaller than the rest, and definitely giving off heat. That would be his cutie-pie, then.

<i>Wait, what?</i> he thinks, shuddering. He manages to summon the strength for a Psychic attack, reaching out with his mind while trying to stay invisible at the same time. His focus slips ever so slightly, leaving him partially visible, but the Haze attack obscures what little of him can be seen. His anger at being made to find Truffles attractive might have something to do with the sheer force of the ensuing attack, which sends her flying out of the pots and smacking harshly into the floor. Several of the tiles making up the stained glass crack ominously, the piping holding them together weakening under the strain.

The referee appears alarmed at this, gesturing at both Phantom and Geaser Lala frantically. Truffles ignores the strange human-that-is-not-her-trainer, and instead tries to stand up. This is a brave attempt, but she decides she can fight just as well like this given the nature of a Sludge Wave.

All Trubbish contain water. Maybe it gets there when it rains. Maybe it has something to do with being a living creature made out of junk. Whatever the cause, there is water and it has been mercilessly tainted by so much pure refuse. It is this water that she retches up, somehow managing to stretch it enough that it sweeps across the part of the room she thinks he might be in.

Soul paused, wondering where that godawful noise was coming from. He recieves a vague answer in the form of a wave of corrosive sludge-water washign trhough him, and the liquid nature of the repulsive water is enough to shove him back into corporeality. Immediately he begins to scan the room for the offending Trubbish, but his search is interrupted by a series of hissing and cracking noises.

All three trainers and both Pokémon glance at the floor. It would appear that the cracks from Truffles' impact earlier was enough to almost smash the floor, and the Sludge Wave has only worsened it. The entire floor is riddled with cracks, with most of the piping holding the floor together having been eaten away. Truffles cautiously stands up, but her foot goes straight through a panel of glass and the entire floor gives way, shattering with a cacophonous noise.

Everyone lands on the floor below, dazed from the steep fall and regretting ever coming here. The referee fishes out a flag and waves it weakly, pushing herself off the floor and helping up Phantom and Greaser Lala. The Pokémon, on the other hand, lie where they are and forget all about their commands.

Round 2 over!

Greaser Lala
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

trubbish
Health: 52% (CAPPED)
Energy: 78%
Commands: Haze ~ Sludge Wave ~ Stockpile
Condition: Ow, ow, ow... - Wondering if she landed on something sharp in her bag.

Phantom
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

haunter
Health: 89%
Energy: 72%
Commands: Phase (Invisible) ~ Psychic ~ Hypnosis
Condition: Why did I even fall? I'm a ghost. - Pondering gravity and feeling pleased with himself.

End of Round Notes:
  • Psychic was a crit.
  • Sludge Wave knocked Soul out of phase.
  • The battle is now on the fourth floor.
  • See anything wrong? Tell me so I can fix it!

Next Round:
  • Phantom issues commands.
  • Greaser Lala issues commands.
  • I ref.

Last edited:
Ok, let's start with hypnosis. Snap out of it! It that works then spam dream eater. If not then follow with double team, then another blast of psychic!

Hypnosis~Dream Eater/Double Team~Dream Eater/Psychic

Defend yourself against Hypnosis with Protect, then use 2 back to back Sludge Waves to get sure hits.

Protect ~ Sludge Wave ~ Sludge Wave

2v2 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/Pokémon, weather changers, and Ground Type Moves

A 5 levelled tower with thick stained glass serving as the floors. Ceramic pots and vases are neatly piled on tables in the corners of each room, serving as a free weapon to be thrown. However, 3 of the 10 pots on each floor contain a potion instantly restoring 15% health. Using one of these pots takes up an action. Due to the quality of the floor, it will give out and break after a minimum exchange of 35% 40% damage in the Pokémon's attacks. The fall to the floor beneath will deal 5-9% damage per Pokémon. The trainers begin on the 5th floor. Once they reach the first floor, trainers have 3 rounds before the match is over regardless of whether both trainers still have Pokémon left, since the tower will soon collapse.

Greaser Lala
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

trubbish
Health: 52% (CAPPED)
Energy: 78%
Commands: Protect ~ Sludge Wave ~ Sludge Wave
Condition: Ow, ow, ow... - Wondering if she landed on something sharp in her bag.

Phantom
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

haunter
Health: 89%
Energy: 72%
Commands: Hypnosis~Dream Eater/Double Team~Dream Eater/Psychic
Condition: Why did I even fall? I'm a ghost. - Pondering gravity and feeling pleased with himself.

Round 3, begin!

Truffles was the first to leap off the floor, immediately raising both arms and summoning up power from deep within. This power manifested itself as a green dome, marking a neat circle around her. The shimmering light of the dome reflected off the glass walls and floor, sending sparks of light around the room. This was promptly ignored by My Dark Soul, who simply hovered outside of the dome and glared at Truffles. Though he was trying his best, she simply wasn't looking. The rejection made the part of him still attracted finally give up, lamenting that their romance was not to be. Soul is quite pleased that that's over.

Truffles dropped the protective shield when she was sure that the danger had passed, and quickly set about bringing up another Sludge Wave. Once more she coughed and hacked until a suitable amount of toxic waste had been brought up, and then she sent it streaming towards Soul. He shuddered as it seeped through him, but any poison it might have had was nullified by his own ghostly nature. When he was sure the danger had passed, he began to whizz round in circles, spinning faster and faster until five other Haunters pulled away from the purple blur. The clones took their places around My Dark Soul, who flashed Truffles a smug grin.

The little Trubbish was not easily deterred, however, and she summoned another Sludge Wave. This one swept straight over all six Haunters, dissolving five of them instantly. My Dark Soul gave a sudden yelping shriek of pain - okay, that one had actually hurt - and set about preparing his revenge. He reached out with his mind to lash out at Truffles.

Apparnetly he was angrier than he thought, because once more Truffles was sent flying. The familiar sound of glass cracking echoed through the room, followed by a cacophony of shattering sounds as the rest of the floor gave way - again - and everyone was sent hurtling down - again.

The referee manages to say...

Round 3 over!
oh god my head

Greaser Lala
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

trubbish
Health: 39%
Energy: 62%
Commands: Protect ~ Sludge Wave ~ Sludge Wave
Condition: Twice?! Come on! - Dazed and in pain, cursing the world and everyone in it.

Phantom
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

haunter
Health: 79%
Energy: 56%
Commands: Hypnosis ~ Double Team~ Psychic
Condition: yesss, I am the greatest - Cackling madly to himself.

Arena Notes
The fourth floor has shattered. The fight is now taking place on the third floor.

End of Round Notes
  • Psychic and the second Sludge Wave both rolled for crits. Yeah. I wish I was kidding. You two have been making sacrifices to the RNG lately, I take it?
  • My Dark Soul's clones were obliterated by the Sludge Wave.
Next Round
Greaser Lala orders first.​

Last edited:
Mmkay, for this round stay on your toes. Let's get in there with Double Team and then Payback twice. If he opts to avoiding the damage, switch to Rest.

Double Team ~ Payback / Rest ~ Payback / Rest

OK first Chill, then use Night Shade, followed by Psychic. If for some reason he rests, Dream Eater all night long.

Chill~Night Shade/Dream Eater~ Night Shade/Dream Eater

2v2 single

Greaser Lala
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

trubbish
Health: 39%
Energy: 62%
Commands: Double Team ~ Payback/Rest ~ Payback/Rest
Condition: Twice?! Come on! - Dazed and in pain, cursing the world and everyone in it.

Phantom
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

haunter
Health: 79%
Energy: 56%
Commands: Hypnosis ~ Double Team~ Psychic
Condition: yesss, I am the greatest - Cackling madly to himself.

Round four, begin!

Though under average circumstances, My Dark Soul would be the first to strike given his superior speed, the Haunter decides to simply lean back and do nothing. He even goes as far as to seemingly close both eyes, though one remains a pale crescent of white keeping a close watch on Truffles' movements.

These movements take the shape of Truffles tucking in her stumpy arms and carefully rolling along the floor, leaving clumps of stinking detritus in her wake. Slowly but surely, she picks up speed until she is a small green blur against the multicoloured floor. Three duplicates peels away from her shadow, identical down to the last rip of the bag or scuff on the tins.

My Dark Soul pauses. He can't quite tell any of them apart; all four are the same and he doesn't want to waste time probing the "thoughts" of a clone. He fixes a glare upon one at random, though as soft ribbons of dark fire begin to stream between them, the clone grins impishly and disappears. Truffles herself, meanwhile, watches and waits. She sees him glare at the clone; she sees the purple fire; she sees the faint twinkle as a clone ebbs away.

And she pays him back in full. She leaps upwards, far speedier than normal, her entire body glowing with thick, foul smoke as she simply plows straight through Soul's gaseous form. He definitely feels the attack, though, since he reels in pain and gives a howl of indignation. She ends up rolling across the floor, leaving thick dark smears and shedding more of her precious debris in the process, but at least he actually felt that attack.

By the time he recovers from the attack, Soul is displeased to notice that whichever Truffles had attacked him has rejoined the fold. Once more, he picks a target at random...

...only for this once to disappear once more. He gives a hiss of annoyance and whirls round to face the last two. One of these had to be right. Unfortunately, it would appear he isn't going to get the chance to find out, since both Truffles cloak themselves in energy once more and leap up towards him. The dark powers scramble his thoughts, rendering it impossible to think straight for several moments, let alone ascertain which was which.

Truffles, meanwhile, seems quite unnerved. That last attack was more powerful than she'd hoped, and now the Payback is proving difficult to shake off. The dark energy seeps into the floor, spreading in a thin layer of shadow. She stares at it for several moments, Soul joining her in contemplation of the ominous new carpet.

Less than ten seconds later, the floor shatters. Again.

Nobody is really surprised at this point.

Round four over!

Greaser Lala
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

trubbish
Health: 32%
Energy: 47%
Commands: Double Team ~ Payback ~ Payback
Condition: What a pain. Literally. - Annoyed that the floor keeps breaking just as she gets into the swing of things.

Phantom
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

haunter
Health: 36%
Energy: 60%
Commands: Chill ~ Night Shade ~ Night Shade
Condition: Okay, this is ridiculous. - Silently cursing whoever designed this tower to be so fragile.

Arena Notes
The floor has, once again, shattered. The battle is now taking place on the second floor.

End of Round Notes
  • I'm beginning to think the damage to break the floor is a bit low. In the interests of actually getting a winner out of this rather than an arena collapse, I'm nudging the floor-break damage up to 40%, which should cover the damage we're doing. You have to admit, being on the second floor in the fourth round is really, really ridiculous.
  • Incidentally, how is the winner determined if we run out of rounds?
  • The second Payback rolled 99, so it crit. Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if I'm not just being trolled by random.org...

Next Round
Phantom issues commands.
Greaser Lala issues commands.
I ref, and pray we don't get another smashed floor.​

Last edited:
Seriously Soul, you're a ghost, you shouldn't hit the floor.

Make a sub, er.... 15%, then grab one of those pots and check for a potion, use potion if there is one, then throw the pot as hard as you can at that Trubbish. Then use psychic.

Sub 15% ~ Use Pot (Throw at walking trash bag) ~ Psychic

Yeah, I figured it'd go by fast but this is kind of ridiculous XD Bumping up the damage is fine by me.

Um, wow, I didn't realize I never specified what would happen =p If we were to run out of the rounds I suppose a Draw is in order considering we'd be wildly fleeing the scene.

EDIT: Moveset

Such a good girl, Truffles! Let's take on this round with 3 Paybacks. Go for it ;D

Payback~Payback~Payback

Last edited:
2v2 single

Greaser Lala
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

trubbish
Health: 32%
Energy: 47%
Commands: Payback ~ Payback ~ Payback
Condition: What a pain. Literally. - Annoyed that the floor keeps breaking just as she gets into the swing of things.

Phantom
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

haunter
Health: 36%
Energy: 60%
Commands: Sub 15% ~ Use Pot (Throw at walking trash bag) ~ Psychic
Condition: Okay, this is ridiculous. - Silently cursing whoever designed this tower to be so fragile.

Round five, begin!

Soul rolls his eyes at his trainer's words. He has to fall with everyone else, or else he can't actually hit anything.

Anyway. He quickly sets to work on his Substitute, breathing out a thin purple mist. Truffles flinches ever so slightly at the sight of it, but the mist stays where it is, coagulating into the shape of a Haunter, posessing two glowing orbs of red where eyes should be. It's creepy, and that's exactly how Soul wants it. He moves a little to test it, and sure enough his doppelganger follows, making sure to stay between him and Truffles.

Truffles, on the other hand, is still feeling slightly nervous about the move she is about to use. Given that the last time she used it, everyone fell through the floor, she's undertandably wary about it this time. She doesn't even have a duplicate to help her out any more. Falling through a hail of glass shards is not generally what she enjoys. Nevertheless, she tries her best to feel angry about the substitute and then barrels forward.

The substitute blocks her path quite suddenly, a large hole being ripped through most of its face. Truffles whimpers at the sight of it, still moving despite being more hole than mist. My Dark Soul ignores the scuffle behind him and moves to one of the corners. The pots here are mostly intact, though the floor is littered with shards of the pots and vases from floors above. Undeterred, he picks one up and roots about inside it.

His search is fruitless, fingers closing only around shards of pottery and glass. His hopes now soured - he really could use a pick-me-up right now - he decides to take out this newfound bitterness on Truffles, who is trying to power up a second Payback. He throws the heavy clay urn at her face, and gives a maniacal cackle as it bowls her over backwards amidst a spray of glass and pottery.

Ouch, Truffles thinks to herself with a pitiful whine. That hurt. She pulls herself to her feet and carefully inspects herself, malevolent energies fading away as she scutinises the sack holding her together. It's doing a poor job of that right now, since it's been torn so many times. A glass-filled urn to the face hardly helps matters either, really.

My Dark Soul feels strangely triumphant at his interruption of Truffles' attack. With a lighter disposition he reaches out with his thoughts and ensnares Truffles in them. The glow of his hands brightens and pales into pink, while the same shade surrounds the Trubbish. She gives a squeal of alarm as Soul sends her slamming into a wall, the glass there simply shattering with her (not inconsiderable) weight. While he would absolutely love to just drop her right now, he pulls her back through and drops her onto the floor with a grin.

Once more Truffles charges forward, cloaked in grimdark powers. Once more the substiture puts itself in harm's way, vanishing into a puff of smoke as the furious trashpile plows through it. Though there was little life-energy remaining in the substitute, it's taken the wind out of her sails and the power out of her attack, so she sits there and metaphorically licks her (rather painful) wounds instead.

As one, everyone looks to the floor of the room, expecting it to break just as it has done before. Several tense minutes pass with nobody daring to move a muscle, before the referee lets out a shaky breath and ends the round.

Round five over!

Greaser Lala
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

trubbish
Health: 9%
Energy: 37%
Commands: Payback ~ Payback ~ Payback
Condition: On the verge of blacking out. Wishing there wasn't so much glass scattered about.

Phantom
fjhvls.gif
fjhvls.gif

haunter
Health: 21%
Energy: 43%
Commands: Sub 15% ~ Throw Pot ~ Psychic
Status: Feeling quite tired, and starting to feel the sting of prior Paybacks.
Condition: Relieved that the floor didn't break this time.

Arena Notes
Miraculously, the floor just held together this round. The fight is still on the second floor.

End of Round Notes
  • The pot Soul chose did not contain a potion. It was, however, full of glass, so that boosted its damage when he threw it at Truffles.
  • I forgot to mention that the fall between floors took out Truffles' clone, sorry. I figured falling through all that glass would destroy it.
  • A pot to the face makes it difficult to focus on attacks, so Truffles did not use Payback on the second action.

Next Round
Phantom issues commands.
Greaser Lala issues commands.
I ref.​

Back
Top Bottom