• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chief Zackrai vs. RK-10

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
6v6 singles
Style: shift
DQ: a week
Damage Cap: 100%
Banned Moves: OHKO, direct healing (bar chills, limit 3 per pokemon)
Arena: Battle Factory

Yes, the Battle Factory. The contestants will pool their pokemon (via PM to the ref), and which pokemon that can be used by which trainer will be randomized. The field is a regulation sized field with glowing boundaries, and various shifting pokeballs in the background. While each trainer will have six pokemon at their disposal, only three will be available at a time. After all three of any trainer's pokemon are KO'd, there will be a time out, and both trainers will be allowed to change their roster at this time. (substituted pokemon are not healed in any manner except for a 1% energy increase every three rounds)

Other: there is no water source.

Chief Zackrai's active squad
breloom[Caza] Breloom (M) <Poison Heal> {Sig Move: Barbaric Rage}
grimer[Slimer] Grimer (M) <Stench>
tyrogue[Rigby] Tyrogue (M) <Guts>
drowzee[Hypnos] Drowzee (M) <Forewarn>
numel[Clyde] Numel (M) <Simple>
wooper[Persephone] Wooper (F) <Damp>
croagunk[GaMzEe] Croagunk (M) <Anticipation> {Sig Attribute: Sopor Slime Touch | Sig Move: Subjuggulate}
solosis[2ollux] Solosis (M) <Magic Guard>
bidoof[Zeus] Bidoof (M) <Simple>
magnemite[North Pole] Magnemite (X) <Sturdy>

RK-10's active squad Gods
servine[God] Servine (M) <Overgrow>
arcanine[God] Arcanine (M) <Flash Fire>
pawniard[God] Pawniard (M) <Inner Focus>
roggenrola[God] Roggenrola (M) <Sturdy>
minccino[God] Minccino (F) <Technician>
sneasel[God] Sneasel (M) <Inner Focus>
gastly[God] Gastly (M) <Levitate>
gyarados[God] Gyarados (F) <Intimidate>
golett[God] Golett (X) <Iron Fist>
cleffa[God] Cleffa (F) <Cute Charm>

To start things off...
•Okay. If I understand this arena correctly, then both of you are to PM six pokémon from your respective Active Squads to me. I will post them, and then you will each choose three to battle with at the start. After all three of one player's pokémon are KOed, then...I have a few questions. Zackrai, when switching around rosters, does the one whose pokémon were KOed get to reuse them or must he use the remaining six? And after that; does the one who still has 4 pokémon left lost if all three of the active ones are defeated?

Last edited:
You are going to RNG who can use which pokemon. Let's say 1 equals me and 2 equals RK-10. You roll for each pokemon until one of us has six, and the remainder goes to the other person. (I would suggest alternating between my pokemon and RK's pokemon in some fashion to avoid stacked teams)

Then, one of these squads will be at my disposal and the other will be at RK-10's. Now it works like a regular 3 v 3 singles battle. However, when all of a given trainer's pokemon faints, the battle does not end, but takes a breather instead. Now, the trainer whose pokemon fainted is forced to use his other three, but the trainer who was successful can pick and choose who he keeps and who he switches out. (again being forced if any of his pokemon fainted) If any not fainted pokemon is switched out, they will not regain hitpoints or be healed of a status ailment, but they will get 1% energy every three rounds.

This repeats until all of any trainer's pokemon can longer battle.

I know it's a little confusing, so I hope this helped.

Chief Zackrai's new squad
•Rigby the Tyrogue
•God the Arcanine
•North Pole the Magnemite
•Hypnos the Drowzee
•God the Golett
•Persephone the Wooper

RK-10's new squad
•God the Servine
•God the Pawniard
•Zeus the Bidoof
•Clyde the Numel
•God the Gyarados
•God the Cleffa

I'm not kidding, it was completely random.

Anyway. Now, unless I continue to misunderstand, each of you are to choose three pokémon to use out of your six. After THAT, we'll actually send stuff out and order commands.

How I think it will work
•Chief Zackrai chooses 3 pokémon
•RK-10 chooses 3 pokémon
•Chief Zackrai sends out one pokémon
•RK-10 sends out one pokémon and orders commands
•Chief Zackrai orders commands
•I ref

Wouldn't it be:
Chief chooses 3 Pokemon
RK chooses 3 Pokemon and one to send out
Chief chooses one Pokemon to send out and orders attacks
RK orders attacks

???

PERFECT COVERAGE:

NUMEL, GYARADOS AND SERVINE!!!

Go, NUMEL

I'll go with God, then.

Rain Dance, and then spam Magnitude. If at any point Clyde uses Sunny Day, use Rain Dance again.

Rain Dance~Magnitude/Rain Dance~Magnitude/Rain Dance

Arena: Battle Factory said:
Yes, the Battle Factory. The contestants will pool their pokemon (via PM to the ref), and which pokemon that can be used by which trainer will be randomized. The field is a regulation sized field with glowing boundaries, and various shifting pokeballs in the background. While each trainer will have six pokemon at their disposal, only three will be available at a time. After all three of any trainer's pokemon are KO'd, there will be a time out, and both trainers will be allowed to change their roster at this time. (substituted pokemon are not healed in any manner except for a 1% energy increase every three rounds)

All three of the involved parties met outside the Battle Factory. After chatting for a little and figuring out how exactly the battle would work, the two battlers went inside the large building, with the referee tagging along. While the latter went straight to the arena to make the necessary preparations, Chief Zackrai and RK-10 were forced to submit their pokémon to the clerks. The pokéballs were shuffled and given back, and each of the battlers chose three of them to use. It wasn’t long before everyone was on the advanced, hi-tech arena, and RK-10 tossed out a poké ball containing Zackrai’s Numel. Chief Zackrai thought for a second, then threw his own pokéball, which burst open to reveal his opponent’s Golett. The trainers ordered commands, and then the battle was set to begin!

Round One, Begin!

Team Zackrai goletttyroguemagnemite
golett
[God] Golett (X)
Ability: Iron Fist
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Patiently awaiting the start of the round.

Team RK-10 numelgyaradosservine
numel
[Clyde] Numel (M)
Ability: Simple
Energy: 100%
Condition: Staring blankly into space, waiting for something to happen.

As soon as Superbird’s flags begin to wave, God is already thinking of a way to make his opponent fall. Well, there are a lot of things he can do, but the one that will help most is that one. Yeah, that one. The Golett raises its arm, creating a little bluish ball of energy in it. He then tosses the ball up to the ceiling, where there is a flash. And then, there are rainclouds. A flash of thunder and it’s raining. Hard.

Of course, even the simple-minded Numel in the corner notices the rain, and being the fire-type that he is, he doesn’t like it. So he goes with the most obvious solution; make it go away. He concentrates, and soon enough a little orange orb pops out of the little crater in his back. The orb is again one of pure energy, identical to the one his opponent had summoned an action ago except for color. The orb flies toward the ceiling, and in a flash of white light the clouds disappear and are replaced by a giant glowing corona.

Well, that won’t do for God. He needs his opponent weakened, not strengthened. So he forms another Rain dance and tosses it up. The rain clouds come back. Clyde still does not like the rain, so he gets rid of it. Again. The sun shines on God, and though the Golett doesn’t particularly mind the sunlight he knows it’s not going to give him any tactical advantage. So he again does his little Rain Dance and the clouds are back once more.

Clyde, however, notices once again that the rain is back. Wondering exactly why it keeps coming back even though he keeps dispelling it, the Numel again releases an orange orb, replacing the clouds with a large corona. Ah, that’s much better. No more rain, much more shine. He likes it. God, on the other hand, is beginning to become annoyed at this constant repetition. But he needs to get his advantage anyway, so he guesses he’s going to have to deal with it if his opponent keeps this up.

Round One, End!

golett
[God] Golett (X)
Energy: 82%
Condition: “I can do this all day, you know.”

numel
[Clyde] Numel (M)
Condition: Easily falling into this pattern of repetition.

Arena Notes:
•The sunlight is strong. (8 more actions)

Damage/Energy Calculations
•Rain Dance: 6% energy
•Sunny Day: 6% energy

General Notes
•Curse you, RK-10. If you keep giving me these boring things to write, I’ll never get a promotion…;)
•The second Rain Dance was a critical hit!...no, only kidding.
•Henceforth I shall refer to God as a He.

Next Round
•RK-10 orders INTERESTING commands
•I ref

Last edited:
First turn, use Swagger. If any way it possibly could fail, refrain from doing so and instead use Double team for 5 clones. Simple will activate and it'll double my 5+ to 6+, correct? If not I don't care anyways. On the second turn go for an Amnesia. Third turn go for an ANCIENTPOWER boost! If Ancientpower will fail because she protects or something just chill. if at any time you are taunted, just spam ancientpower.

swagger/doubleteam/ancientpower~amnesia/ancientpower~ancientpower/chill out, bro!

All three of the involved parties met outside the Battle Factory. After chatting for a little and figuring out how exactly the battle would work, the two battlers went inside the large building, with the referee tagging along. While the latter went straight to the arena to make the necessary preparations, Chief Zackrai and RK-10 were forced to submit their pokémon to the clerks. The pokéballs were shuffled and given back, and each of the battlers chose three of them to use. It wasn’t long before everyone was on the advanced, hi-tech arena, and RK-10 tossed out a poké ball containing Zackrai’s Numel. Chief Zackrai thought for a second, then threw his own pokéball, which burst open to reveal his opponent’s Golett. The trainers ordered commands, and then the battle was set to begin!

Round Two, Begin!

golett
[God] Golett (X)
Condition: “I can do this all day, you know.”

numel
[Clyde] Numel (M)
Condition: Easily falling into this pattern of repetition.

God begins the round by calling upon the power of the ancients that made him. Using psychic skills, the Golett thrusts out his hand, grasping Clyde and gaining control of the Numel using his mind. Then, using the same skills one would use in a Psychic attack, he lifts the poor volcano-camel up in the air, permenantly. Needless to say, Clyde isn’t too confident about his position and is not used to having his feet off of the ground. Nevertheless, the Numel does his best to swagger on about how much better he is and how it’s sunny in the arena right now and his opponent hasn’t really accomplished anything yet. Despite his awkward way of going about the action, it works, and Golett is thrown into a berserk rage, blind with anger.

With that accomplished, Clyde decides it’s time to move on and try to raise his own guard. He concentrates on trying to forget something, in hopes that it will help him defend himself against mental attacks better. Sure enough, forgetting an attack turns out to be quite easy for the volcano camel, and upon forgetting the attack his defenses rise drastically. No Special Attack is going to touch him now! Meanwhile, God is still blind with rage. To heck with throwing poison at that Numel; he’s going to tear the thing from limb to limb! The Golett rushes forward as fast as he can—too fast for him to control himself. Instead of accomplishing anything, the pokémon slips, crashing face-first into the cold metal floor of the Factory.

As funny as God’s epic fail is, the humor is lost on the simpleminded Clyde, who fails to even notice. In fact, with that last Amnesia, he’s even forgotten that he’s not on the ground! Instead, the Numel focuses on calling out to the power of the Ancients; the same powers, in fact, that breathed life into God. Soon, rocks appear out of nowhere (probably due to the Battle Factory being equipped to deal with such attacks) and quickly fly at God. The Golett is hit lightly by the barely-effective barrage, and after getting his mental state all straightened out, rushes forward ready to bulldoze his opponent into the ground. The closer he gets, the more scared Clyde gets of the incoming attack. But it turns out that God runs right below the Numel, not realizing that it’s still under the effects of telekinesis. It returns to its spot on the battlefield while it begins to dawn on Clyde that he’s still floating.

Round Two, End!

golett
[God] Golett (X)
Health: 88%
Energy: 73%
Condition: Has a major headache.
Status: Confused (Moderate; 30% chance to hit self). Atk. +2.

numel
[Clyde] Numel (M)
Energy: 65%
Condition: “uh oh, is that ground all the way down there?” Has forgotten Magnitude.
Status: Trapped by Telekinesis (1 more action). Sp. Def. +4.​

Arena Notes:
•The sunlight is strong. (5 more actions)

•Telekinesis: 5% energy
•Swagger: 5% energy
•Amnesia: 4% energy
•Ancientpower: 4% damage, 8% energy
•Bulldoze: 4% energy (missed)

General Notes
•Zackrai, if you use Telekinesis, the target is immune to Ground-type damage. Thus, Bulldoze failed.
•On the second action, God hit himself in confusion.
•In using Amnesia, Clyde forgot how to use Magnitude.

Next Round
•RK-10 orders commands
•I ref

Last edited:
? Telekenisis gives me perfect accuracy for like two turns. *checks the attacks and abilities guide* Wow. Alright.

How did I manage to deal twelve damage to myself with toxic fail? Agh.

Alright, well, start with Mega Punch. Follow it with Bulldoze and Shadow Punch

Mega Punch~Bulldoze~Shadow Punch

It was only 8 damage, and it works off the same principle as the games: if you hit yourself in confusion it's essentially using a base-40 typless physical attack on yourself.

When it punches you, hit it with a Solar Beam. Protect against the huge punch and match Shadow Punch with Flamethrower.

SolarBeam~Protect~Flamethrower

Round Three, Begin!

golett
[God] Golett (X)
Health: 88%
Energy: 73%
Condition: Has a major headache.
Status: Confused (Moderate; 30% chance to hit self). Atk. +2.
Commands: Mega Punch ~ Bulldoze ~ Shadow Punch

numel
[Clyde] Numel (M)
Energy: 65%
Condition: “uh oh, is that ground all the way down there?” Has forgotten Magnitude.
Status: Trapped by Telekinesis (1 more action). Sp. Def. +4.​
Commands: Solarbeam ~ Protect ~ Flamethrower

God is not ready to give up, not in the slightest. Sure, he made some stupid mistakes last round, but he promises himself that it will not happen again. He quickly lumbers forward to attack once more, wanting to squeeze as much use out of his telekinesis as possible. As he’s standing in front of Clyde, God pulls his fist back, putting as much raw energy into it as he can, and then launches it forward. With Clyde being held in place, the Numel has no chance to dodge, and so the Mega Punch slams right into his face, with him not being able to retaliate in the slightest. Soon, he drops to the ground, heavily injured and unable to do anything about it.

God laughs a little, then begins to prepare for his next attack. Now that his opponent is down on the ground, he’s decided to try that old tactic again. Hopefully, it will work this time. The Golett reels back, then launches forward…and misses his target completely, falling flat on his face. Clyde, battered, creates a green energy shield a moment too late, but it doesn’t matter—his opponent missed him anyway. As the shield fades, the Numel begins to regret even trying to fight—but then remembers that he’s still winning.

Finally, God gets back up, not bothering to brush himself off. That may have been humiliating, but there was no significant harm done. So he figures it’s time for a third attack. Finally, it’s time to use his Ghost-type powers. A moment later, The golett is nothing more than a shadow; another moment later, God is sinking into the ground. A little shadowy circle moves from God’s previous location to right in front of Clyde…and then God suddenly pops out and bashes Clyde in the head once more. Thankfully for Clyde the attack didn’t do as much damage as the last one.

But now that that is over, Clyde feels like he has to get revenge. He didn’t know what to do at the beginning of the round, and his second attack was completely useless. Now it’s time for him to accomplish something! Finally free from God’s telekinesis, Clyde trots over to the Golett itself. He smiles briefly, then opens his mouth and lets loose a gigantic stream of fire. God screams, trying to shield himself, and soon Clyde is trotting back, perfectly satisfied that he’s done a more than satisfactory job.

Round Three, End!

golett
[God] Golett (X)
Health: 69%
Energy: 64%
Condition: Content at having evened out the score.
Performed: Mega Punch ~ *confused* ~ Shadow Punch

numel
[Clyde] Numel (M)
Health: 65%
Energy: 54%
Condition: Way too battered. Has forgotten Magnitude.
Performed: Nothing ~ Protect ~ Flamethrower

Arena Notes:
~The sunlight is strong. (2 more actions)

~Mega Punch: 21% damage, 5% energy
~Protect: 5% energy
~Shadow Punch: 14% damage, 4% energy
~Flamethrower: 11% damage, 6% energy

General Notes
~Mega Punch was a critical hit.
~Sorry, RK, but Numel cannot learn Solarbeam.
~God confusionfail’d on the second action.

Next Round
~RK-9 orders commands
~Chief Zackrai orders commands
~I ref

Back
Top Bottom