• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Do one action digs cause any less damage or cost any more energy like a one turn Solarbeam?

Can you do one action Fly?

Do one action digs cause any less damage or cost any more energy like a one turn Solarbeam?

Can you do one action Fly?
You can one-action Fly.

Also, I personally would apply normal damage/cost to chargeable attacks being fired off without being charged, with damage boosts and cost reductions applied when there is charging (excluding the likes of Fly and Dig, which already have a natural benefit to "charging", not to mention that it would make less sense for these).

Can a Pokémon recognize when it's about to get hit by Pain Split and use Protect accordingly? If so, should Protect's energy cost still be based on the amount of health the user would have otherwise lost? I mean, that would be a lot of energy, and Pain Split is technically a non-damaging move. And flavour-wise, I assume the link required for Pain Split is what would be blocked, rather than Pain Split trying to drain from the shield.

Can a Pokémon recognize when it's about to get hit by Pain Split and use Protect accordingly? If so, should Protect's energy cost still be based on the amount of health the user would have otherwise lost? I mean, that would be a lot of energy, and Pain Split is technically a non-damaging move. And flavour-wise, I assume the link required for Pain Split is what would be blocked, rather than Pain Split trying to drain from the shield.
Pokémon can selectively protect against pain split. Protect should just cost whatever it would for a normal non-damaging attack, since pain split has no base power; which is protect's base cost +1% energy.

can substitute be used reactively, as in "if you are the target of thunder wave, instead substitute"?
Any attack can be used reactively.

Would it be possible to cure sleep and/or freezing through Refresh? Or freezing through Rest, for that matter?

Is it possible to combine Last Resort with Body Slam?

Can a Pokémon be poisoned and Toxic poisoned at the same time?

Last edited:
Toxic Poison is, in fact, an extreme stage of Poison.

Would you be able to raise the severity level of Poison to a Toxic state without using Toxic? (Through repeated uses of moves such as Poison Jab, for example)

If a Pokemon is Taunted multiple times in a row, can it be extended? And could a shelled Pokemon hide in its shell (via Withdraw) to avoid sound-based moves?

Also, can a Pokemon cover its ears and attack at the same time, and can they use Rest or Chill while doing so, and can they do it all in one action, not as a combo? Can a sleeping Pokemon be taunted?

(wow look at all those questions)

Back
Top Bottom