• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Does Colour Change override the effects of Soak (or vice versa)?
Color change will override the effects of soak, in the sense that the pokémon will get changed to a water-type, then change types again whenever a damaging attack of a different type hits it.

Does Rock Climb fail if the terrain is completely flat?
Yes.

how long would a pokémon be able to stay underground after using dig?
Indefinitely.

if a pokémon with less than 10% health is under the effect of curse, does it lose 0% health, or a minimum 1% health?

(also, curse usually rounds damage down, yes?)

if a pokémon with less than 10% health is under the effect of curse, does it lose 0% health, or a minimum 1% health?

Also, is there any particular reason why Curse damage does not count towards the damage cap, while stuff like poison and burn does? I thought the general rule was "unless it's self-inflicted, everything counts towards the cap".

Does Sheer force negate:

Healing of Drain Punch, status removing of wake-up Slap/Smeelingsalt, 100% effects like Rock Slide?

what about Life Orb like in the games?

Also, is there any particular reason why Curse damage does not count towards the damage cap, while stuff like poison and burn does? I thought the general rule was "unless it's self-inflicted, everything counts towards the cap".

I like to think that it's a curse so powerful it bypasses the cap.

Sheer Force negates the Speed-lowering effect of Bulldoze and Rock Tomb, the flinch of Fake Out, the drops from Snarl and Struggle Bug, the burn from Inferno, confusion from Dynamicpunch, and the paralysis from Zap Cannon. So Sheer Force does affect things that have 100% chances. However it does not remove effects that happen to the user, notably recoil, Hammer Arm's Speed drop, etc.

Interestingly, it also negates the effects of Color Change, Eject Button, Shell Bell and Red Card.

Whirlpool's description, unlike fire spin's description, doesn't indicate continual damage. I assume it does?
It does.

Curse rounds down, damage floored at 1%.

Probably to make it substantially more powerful in exchange for the "lose half your health" thing. Most likely that aspect will be removed in the next revision.

Does Sheer force negate:

Healing of Drain Punch, status removing of wake-up Slap/Smeelingsalt, 100% effects like Rock Slide?

what about Life Orb like in the games?
It negates all those except life orb recoil.

Sheer Force negates life orb in the game if the move used is boosted by it, is it supposed to be different here?

It is. Sheer force also doesn't override the other random crap that it does ingame, like red card and color change.

I actually really like that, as inconvenient as it is as far as Drain Punch. Does it therefore override Hammer Arm's Speed drop and Superpower/Close Combat's drops?

What about effects such as Round or Echoed Voice being used to wake up an ally?

It removes the "extra effects" of all attacks that have them, including things like boosts or drops e.g. from icy wind, the ability to inflict status, and so on, but does nothing to moves that have effects outside that realm; it won't stop rapid spin from spinning stuff away or uproar waking things up.

Last edited:
Does is cause a change in stats for the opponent or lay a status condition? If not, it is not affected by sheer force.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom