• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

I've been meaning to bring Rayquaza up but I get ninja'd every single time. I guess I need to learn a thing or two from it about Extremespeed. Dohohohoho.

Anyways, let it be put into perspective how badass it is. It won a Korean poll for favorite version mascot, right in the face of Pikachu, Charizard, Suicune and other such fan favorites. And that's not even the best part. The best part is that, because of that poll, Nintendo is going to distribute a Rayquaza that knows V motherfucking Create.

This is probably old news for some of you, but it's always worth restating, anyways.

And of course, some more traditional reasons. It looks like it can kick your ass hundreds of times over, and it's not even all that bulky or huge (although it certainly is long). Its cry is also pretty badass. And if you get your hands on Rayquaza before you take on the Hoenn Elite 4, you can kick their asses even if the rest of your team sucks. And, as has been extensively mentioned, it has access to the most kickass means of ending a fight since "completely humiliating everyone involved" (although its way might also count as such).

Arceus has nothing on this bamf here.

I remember my reaction when I fought it in Brawl. I was like "Hell yeah!"

Rayquaza is amazing.

I remember the first time I watched that cutscene in Emerald, I was amazed beyond belief. Since then, Rayquaza has been on my top 15 favorites list.

Today's Pokemon shall be:

Espeon

Espeon

Personally, my favorite Eon. I have one named Star that I have raised since hatching and has been helpful to me all the time.

... I missed Rayquaza :(

Anyway, espeon is decent, but not particularly exciting; same with most of the eeveelutions. They have split tails, and they're purple, but there's not much to the design other than that. It's a pretty design, but eh.

Aww, Espi... It's always my first Eeveon. And in Diamond, I got a female.

I remember I was thinking of an Espeon evolution with the tail splitting into two "Y"s.

And... Why is it a cat? It's the only member of the Eevee family that has no fox parts!

Aaah, Espeon, my fav eevelution along with it's brother Umbreon.

Competatively it was often overlooked for being so frail, and perhaps not as fast as it could be, as well as the problem with all eeveelutions: poor movepool. But then we entered Gen 5 and a lot of things changed. Espeon was sent a gift from the gods in the form of Magic Bounce, which shot it up from UU to OU.

Aesthetically it is perhaps a bit bland, just pink all over, with some purple eyes and a red gem. It does sort of look like a cat though, which, if you know me, gives it a big plus, but otherwise, it hasn't got much going for it. Or, well I guess it can be really cute.

I'm just gonna name this category somthing like "info" or "feel". What ever.
Right, so, it evolves by happiness in the day, which sort of makes sense, I guess. One thing I'm a little bit disturbed by though is the feline/canine/w/e design, coupled with psychic powers. Somehow it just doesn't make sense in my head that something that probably is smarter than you would just walk on all four and behave like an animal.

Final judgement: A slightly boring, but very cool pokemon that can be hell'a cute...while turning your brain into goo! Mwahahahaa!

... I missed Rayquaza :(
Even if the subject changes, it's never not the time to mention Rayquaza is awesome. Rayquaza is so awesome, you could interrupt a funeral to talk about Rayquaza, and you totally would receive a standing ovation for it.

But, Espeon. Well, this bit of undeniable resemblance is always worth mentioning.

One thing I'm a little bit disturbed by though is the feline/canine/w/e design, coupled with psychic powers. Somehow it just doesn't make sense in my head that something that probably is smarter than you would just walk on all four and behave like an animal.
There's one big difference between psychic power and intelligence, and then another big difference between each kind of intelligence.

Somehow it just doesn't make sense in my head that something that probably is smarter than you would just walk on all four and behave like an animal.

You don't need hands for intelligence. And think of Meowth: It's intelligent enough to learn to talk, but it tends to act like a cat anyway. Espeon is a more intelligent cat, but its body is not designed for talking like a human and its claws are degenerated from lack of use.

Aw...:3 Espeon is adorable and awesome. Magic Bounce is almost as good as Magic Guard, its Special Attack is incredible, its Speed is great. Plus, who doesn't like a pretty kitty...oh...

What about Ruby Carbunkle?

Yeah, one of my more favored Eeveelutions, likely due to it's combat effectiveness,as well as larger potential movepool for it's stats. However I DO NOT like it's BW animation, it just seems, robotic and stiff. I know that it is a portable system, but hey, when you can see jagged movements with it's tail, and yet Gyarados can 'swim' fluidly, I kinda get peeved.

I loved it's PBR appearance, and the haughty attitude it seems to emit whilst waiting to attack is amusing as hell. Definitely a good pokemon, just wish it's cousin would finally get a legit workable movepool. (Guess who's posting here at midnight...)

My third favorite Eon. Second is Glaceon, and first is Umbreon. But, back to Espeon, I think it's pretty cool. Not much other than that.

Espeon is definitely my favorite eon, it was my fav pokemon for a while as a kid. It has one of my favorite cries of all time and I love its shiny.

Espeon definitely has its uses. I once fought an Espeon with my Garchomp over a level 100 Wi-Fi battle, and I couldn't even 2-hit KO that thing with Crunch before it 1-hit KO'd me with Psychic. Yes, I did say two-hit KO... I've never seen an Espeon with such high defense.

On another point, that thing is really hard to draw correctly because it's so skinny.

...I think that's about all the comments I have. Espeon is good. ~

Back
Top Bottom