• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Backdoor Museum "Gift Shop"

Aisling

Super Moderator
21l76oh.jpg

The local museum proudly displays the assembled skeletons of Pokemon of a bygone era, tall, imposing, and complete.
But in the back end of the museum where few souls go, underpaid and unappreciated biologists toil over fossils, cleaning them and studying them and figuring out how they piece together.
A couple of scientists, frustrated with their situation, have started to sell fossils on the side to trainers who wander in through the back door that's usually conveniently obscured by foliage.

The "Gift Shop"
2z51udx.jpg
zv2y4l.jpg

A shady-looking man in glasses and a lab coat welcomes you to the back of the museum, and inquires your interest in the fossils of Pokemon. He explains that thanks to modern technology, the fossils available here can be revived into living, breathing Pokemon... for a price.

He gestures to a large pile of what appear to be lumps of white plaster. Apparently these are freshly-found fossils straight from the field, though unfortunately they are not labeled. In their current state, without being cleaned, these fossils are unidentifiable. However, the scientist is happy to point out, the revival machine they own can revive these fossils even if they don't know what they are.
For the low, low price of $5
, you will be granted use of this fine machine to play 'fossil roulette'!

Common
omanytekabutolileepanorithcranidosshieldontirtougaarchen
Uncommon
AerodactylRelicanth
Rare
omastarkabutopscradilyarmaldorampardosbastiodoncarracostaarcheops

Over at a nearby table some other scientists are cleaning fossils. Should you ask if identified fossils are available, your tour guide would tell you that they are, but will mumble some explanation that goes way over your head as to why they can't be revived using their own machine, and that you would need to take these fossils to the Evolution Station to revive them.

Helix_Fossil_Sprite.png
Dome_Fossil_Sprite.png
Root_Fossil_Sprite.png
Claw_Fossil_Sprite.png
Skull_Fossil_Sprite.png
Armor_Fossil_Sprite.png

Helix, Dome, Root, Claw, Skull, Armor fossils - $6
Cover_Fossil_Sprite.png
Plume_Fossil_Sprite.png

Cover and Plume fossils - $7
Old_Amber_Sprite.png

Old Amber - $8

Last edited:
"A fossil roulette, please," I say, tossing some rather grubby money at an arbitrarily-chosen scientist.

The scientist flails to catch the money in his hands before pocketing it and grabbing a plastered fossil. He places it inside the machine, and after a few moments and loud noises, a flash of red light sends out...

138.gif

The scientist hands you the small creature with a smile. "A healthy male Omanyte! Here you go, sir. Thank you for your patronage."

"Good lord, you're adorable!" I squeak excitedly, before recovering some modicum of composure. "Ahem, I guess I'll be trying that agai–OH MY GOD SO SQUISHY–"

As the omanyte squiggles playfully over my face, I manage to break through both tentacles and sheer delight in order to demand another go, waving what I can only suppose is the correct amount of money in the air.

"Good lord, you're adorable!" I squeak excitedly, before recovering some modicum of composure. "Ahem, I guess I'll be trying that agai–OH MY GOD SO SQUISHY–"

As the omanyte squiggles playfully over my face, I manage to break through both tentacles and sheer delight in order to demand another go, waving what I can only suppose is the correct amount of money in the air.

The scientist makes no effort to hide that he's a little creeped out by your fondness for the Omanyte, and quickly shuffles back to the table to busy himself with another fossil. Repeating the process, a flash of red light reveals...

566.gif

"A male Archen!" he exclaims. He attempts to catch it in his hands, but it ends up flapping towards your face... or your Omanyte? instead.

"This is the most fun I've had in weeks," I manage through feathers and tentacles (no need to make this weird, Alraune), throwing more money at the guy. I may have a problem. CURSE YOU OPERANT CONDITIONING

(Another go. Everyone should try this, if only so that they get the bad fossils and I get the adorable ones.)

"This is the most fun I've had in weeks," I manage through feathers and tentacles (no need to make this weird, Alraune), throwing more money at the guy. I may have a problem. CURSE YOU OPERANT CONDITIONING

(Another go. Everyone should try this, if only so that they get the bad fossils and I get the adorable ones.)

Well, if he keeps paying... The scientist places another plastered fossil into the machine, and out comes
408.gif

"A female Cranidos!" he says with some surprise. He's unable to hide his amused look as she butts lightly into your knees.

May I play fossil roulette? *hands over £5*

Another scientist approaches from the cleaning table to help you, thanking you and pocketing the money before putting a fossil into the machine. This fossil turns out to be...
345.gif

"A male Lileep!" It looks up at you with its little yellow eyes, blinking endearingly.

Awesome! I'll have another go. :3

The scientist nods, and without hesitation picks up another fossil. In a bright flash of light, the fossil becomes...
142.gif

"A male Aerodactyl? That's unusual!" he says with a smile, ignoring the fact the beast was taking up most of the small room now and peering around as if it were planning to change that. Perhaps you'd better get this in a Pokeball quickly!

Can I try the fossil roulette?

"Of course!" says the scientist that had previously been assisting Blastoise. He puts a fossil into the machine and out comes...
410.gif

"A male Shieldon! Congratulations!" The Shieldon waddles towards you and rubs your shin with its frill. It appears to like you.

Umm... Okay then... I guess I'll spin one more time.
(We get to keep all the pokemon, correct?)

Umm... Okay then... I guess I'll spin one more time.
(We get to keep all the pokemon, correct?)
(Of course! Since you're just getting one for each spin it'd be kind of a bummer if you didn't.)

The scientist nods and puts in one last fossil, which turns out to be...
347.gif

"An Anorith! Honestly it's pretty hard to tell with a lot of these critters, but I think this one's female, too."

Back
Top Bottom