• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Closed] Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
[Closed] Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia

Alright, my exams are almost over and it's been long enough for my ideas to freshen up a little. So here's a little return into my murderous desire inducing setups.

-48 hours a day or night, except the first night gets 72.
-No communication about this game outside the thread unless otherwise specified by your role powers. That includes reading private discussion between other players when you have not been granted communication with them.
-Abstaining is free as punk people and bikers.
-When registering, please post here to choose one Trainer Class from the core games (eg Youngster, Black Belt, Dragon Tamer, etc.). You may not choose a trainer class that another player has already called. Differently gendered variants of the same class always count as different classes, as do group classes (eg male Ace Trainer, female Ace Trainer and Ace Duo each count as a different class, and it's possible for three different participants to claim each one). Differently named versions of a same class do not count as separate classes, however (eg Cool Trainer and Ace Trainer are considered the same class, as are Cool Couple, Double Team and Ace Duo). You may specify the iteration of your trainer class (eg whether it's its DPPT appearance or XY appearance, etc), or any amount of iterations it may be chosen from (eg you may choose to be a Scientist from RBY, FRLG, GSC or HGSS rather than one from DPPT, BW, B2W2, etc; XY scientists are not elligible at all -- see below). If you do not specify an iteration, then one will be chosen either at random, or arbitrarily. Bulbapedia has a trainer class list and a trainer class category, but note that any amount of the trainer classes listed thereby may not be elligible, as noted below.
-The following trainer classes are not elligible for this game: Rival, Pokémon Trainer, Gym Leader, Elite Four, Champion, Grunt (for any of the six villainous teams), Executive or Admin or Commander or XY Scientist (idem), Boss or Leader (idem), Tower Tycoon, Salon Maiden, Dome Ace, Factory Head, Arena Tycoon, Palace Maven, Pike Queen, Pyramid King, Castle Valet, Arcade Star, Hall Matron, Subway Boss, Battle Chatelaine, any Battle Chateau titles, Elder, Mysticalman or Mystery Man, Winstrate, Motorcylcist (not Biker! that's Charles the Heartbreaker's specific class), any PokéStar Studios classes, Pokémon Professor, Successor, Driver, Suspicious Child, Suspicious Lady, Suspicious Woman, Lumiose Gang Member, GAME FREAK, Chief, Prof. Oak, Jacred. Also, Trainer Classes for this game must be present in at least one of the core handheld games, such that any classes from Pokémon Colosseum et al. are also not elligible. I reserve the right to bar any further trainer classes in the future.
-Each player will also have a specified (as in, by me in the role PM) Pokémon of choice based on their trainer class and, to some extent, assigned role. Note that all roles, as well as alignments, are rolled independently of the submitted trainer class.

Aiming for 15 players. We'll see what can be done about it if we have to play with anything more or less.

Last edited:
Re: [Open] Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia

DPP Bug Catcher !!

Male HGSS Bird Keeper.
Spr_HGSS_Bird_Keeper.png

Aww, man, I managed to misread the disallowed list and was ready to go full-on heartbreaker here. So disappoint.

Let's go with World Champion, then.

Let's go with World Champion, then.
I thought I'd barred those classes already but apparently that's not so. Huh.

In any case, World Championships Tournament classes are all now more banned than interesting Smash Bros stages in competitive play.

aw yeah this sounds amazing.

D/P/Pt PI

Actually, on second thought, I can see how that could be turned very gimmicky, so, um, D/P/Pt Guitarist instead.

(That was always my favorite stage, and everyone hated me. I'd always just choose Poke Floats and spam Pikachu's down B.)
It enjoyed it a lot too (albeit whilst playing Pikachu in a more balanced manner) but it's quite possibly the most thorougly banned stage in competitive play.

Actually, on second thought, I can see how that could be turned very gimmicky, so, um, D/P/Pt Guitarist instead.
Actually, roles are randomized regardless of the trainer class submitted. So just pick whichever one you prefer!

Poké Floats is simply the best stage, I'm sorry.

I had a feeling that one was going to be hellbanned, but I couldn't not try. I suppose BW roughneck will be my for-reals choice.

Spr_BW_Roughneck.png

What even is that sprite doing? We neither know nor think we actually want to find out.

Back
Top Bottom