• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

#mafia [Day 2 -- New death!]

Safe to assume another mafia kill, so Wargle is a townie not non-Mafia-mafia. Hope Wargle's role wasn't too helpful to town... Though it looks like the killing mafia is just targeting random active people.

What should we do today?

well it might help if people (including myself) posted haha

anyhow. um, if the mafia is targeting random active people, it may mean they're not particularly active themselves?? i have no idea i'm grasping at straws here

Admittedly, targeting the active people is a common mafia strategy, because it cuts down on the communication. I just haven't posted because I figured that was obvious and I can't really think of anything else to say.

Now, that wasn't nice. I was simply asking if it was a randylynch or not, and either way I don't want to end up accidentally killing an innocent. In a game of this size, we probably have two Mafia members, and I'm still of the opinion I was yesterday in that I don't think they know who they are. That still puts us at a ratio of 2 Mafia - 4 Innocents: we can afford to abstain again, and lynch tomorrow, when hopefully whoever is the inspector has figured out what's going on.

That said, it's not out of character for you to be the first one to accuse someone, so I don't think you're Mafia. I'm going to counter-vote to Abstain, because it's safer for the town to not lynch anyone than to lynch an innocent.

Okay, yeah, lynching wrong today would screw us over.

Ultimately, I was just executing a desperate attempt to stimulate discussion. Abstain.

Now: 1 killing mafia, 1 other mafia, 4 town/dark horses
If we lynch town (2/3): 2 m/3 t, mafia kills, we lose
If we lynch killing mafia (1/6): we win.
If we lynch other mafia (1/6): 1 m/4 t, tomorrow 1 m/3 t
If we abstain: 2 m/4 t, tomorrow 2 m/3 t

= there's a 2/3 chance of losing, 1/6 chance of winning, 1/6 chance of not winning but being better off than abstaining (2:1 bad:good). So abstain looks to be the best choice, but only if we get information tonight to use tomorrow. If we have to randylynch tomorrow, our odds will be better - 3:2 horrible:ok; we're cutting it close anyway.

There might not even be an inspector in this game, though, or if there is they might already be dead. :/

Back
Top Bottom