The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Anime-Style Battling

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 10-27-2011, 05:32 AM
The Omskivar's Avatar
The Omskivar The Omskivar is offline
chah, dude
 
Join Date: June 3, 2011
Location: North
Posts: 1,726
Pronoun: He
The Omskivar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

You are gonna be a Mienshao pretty soon, pal.

You're faster, so use Calm Mind to try and rid yourself of the attraction. If that won't work, or you can't concentrate, "sweep her off her feet" with a Low Sweep. After that, use Hi Jump Kick; leap into her arms (or Calm Mind if you think you need more time to think about it). On the last action, show off your own moves with a Swords Dance, or Hi Jump Kick if you've snapped out of it.

Calm Mind/Low Sweep~Hi Jump Kick/Calm Mind~Swords Dance/Hi Jump Kick

Blah uninspired. I hate attraction.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omskivar
Anyway hi I'm The Omskivar
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-05-2011, 05:37 AM
Byrus's Avatar
Byrus Byrus is offline
Strange days ahead
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 28
Posts: 1,522
Pronoun: He
Byrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Byrus
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

RespectTheBlade [OOO]
[Capone] scraggy (F) <Moxie>
Health: 51%
Energy: 32%
Status: Looking very regretful. Attracted (Severe)

The Omskivar [OOO]
[Louie] mienfoo (M) <Inner focus>
Health: 28%
Energy: 65%
Status: BABY I THOUGHT WE HAD AN UNDERSTANDING + 2 attack | Attracted (Moderate)

Round six

As the two love-struck battlers are whisked off to a new place, they once again find themselves somewhere vastly different. In stark contrast to the lush forest, the new stadium is a desolate wasteland dotted with only a few sickly looking trees with skeletal branches. A filthy stream trickles nearby, the water thick with various nasty chemicals. It bubbles and hisses ominously, occasionally spurting out a spray of blackened liquid.

Capone winces a little as she examines the new arena, and Louie openly shares her disgust. They edge as far away from the oozing stream as possible, then turn to face each other, both wearing conflicted expressions.

Capone mulls over her trainer's words for a bit, biting her lip and shuffling about uncomfortably. A serenade certainly seems like a good idea. Much better than another headbutt to the gut at any rate. She smiles broadly at the slightly uncertain looking Mienfoo, than takes a deep breath as she prepares to belt her lungs out. She unleashes a loud, wavering note that almost knocks Louie off his feet, and he gives a strangled shout as he clutches his ears.

He winces, then gives a very strained grin at Capone as she takes a bow, seemingly oblivious to the damage she's wrecked on his eardrums. As much as he hates to admit it, Louie is starting to feel more than a little sour towards her now, though a slight smolder of affection still undeniably remains. It seems a shame that their affair should be so brief, but he can't help but feel more than a little foolish as well. Still, what better way to sort out his thoughts than by meditating? He settles down on the floor with a sigh, then crosses his legs and falls into deep thought. After a while, he can feel his mind growing much less muddled, and everything seems to be falling into place.

When Louie leaps to his feet, Capone is a little perturbed to see a look of grim determination on his face. He's obviously taking a fighting stance, and looks ready to kick some ass. He looks at the quizzical Capone carefully, then crouches down and springs upwards in one fluid movement. Capone's jaw drops as she raises her head to track his progress, and as she watches him stream down again, she can't help but notice that he has his foot extended to deliver a kick and he's headed right for her. Before she can react, Louie's foot forcefully connects with her face, sending the unfortunate Scraggy hurtling backwards with a screech of pain. She rolls around for a moment, shocked and in pain, then slowly staggers forward and looks up at Louie with wide eyes.

Louie just dismisses her with a shrug, completely ignoring her wounded expression. He glares at her as he crouches down again, then springs upwards. Capone gives a yelp, and staggers backwards as she sees him coming for her again, but it's too late. The Mienfoo smashes into her, driving her into the ground with a mighty kick. Capone can only utter a muffled groan as she slumps to the ground, bruised and battered but not quite out. She's feeling more than a little sour towards Louie herself now, and she can feel her temper flaring.

She staggers to her feet, clutching her bruised chest and glaring at him with slightly unfocused eyes, then abruptly belts out another loud chorus. The first note was bad enough, but this one definitely has more venom behind it, and Louie gives a groan of pain as he clutches his ears. When the horrible racket stops, Louie lets his arms fall limply to his sides and he glares over at Capone, daring her to try that again. She doesn't look to be in the shape for doing much of anything at the moment, but she's still holding on, and her expression is grim.

End of round six

RespectTheBlade [OOO]
[Capone] scraggy (F) <Moxie>
Health: 6% (Capped)
Energy: 20%
Status: In a terrible state. Attracted (Mild)
Moves used: Round ~ [Attracted] ~ Round

The Omskivar [OOO]
[Louie] mienfoo (M) <Inner focus>
Health: 16%
Energy: 43%
Status: In bad shape, but feeling quite triumphant and completely clear-headed. + 2 attack, + 1 special attack and defense
Moves used: Calm mind ~ Hi jump kick ~ Hi jump kick

Battle notes

- This round took place in the poison type arena. Toxic did not take effect.
- Calm mind snapped Louie out of attraction.
- The Omskivar attacks first.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-05-2011, 06:03 AM
The Omskivar's Avatar
The Omskivar The Omskivar is offline
chah, dude
 
Join Date: June 3, 2011
Location: North
Posts: 1,726
Pronoun: He
The Omskivar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

Spam Aura Sphere. If Capone Protect/Detects, switch to Feint. You got this dood

Aura Sphere/Feint x3
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omskivar
Anyway hi I'm The Omskivar
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-17-2011, 04:43 AM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

Ah, crap. Well, let's try and spam some ZEN HEADBUTTS until we die.

Don't worry Capone, your syndicate will be up and running after you evolve. This is just the first step.

ZEN HEADBUTT X3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Byrus's Avatar
Byrus Byrus is offline
Strange days ahead
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 28
Posts: 1,522
Pronoun: He
Byrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Byrus
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

RespectTheBlade [OOO]
[Capone] scraggy (F) <Moxie>
Health: 6% (Capped)
Energy: 20%
Status: In a terrible state. Attracted (Mild)

The Omskivar [OOO]
[Louie] mienfoo (M) <Inner focus>
Health: 16%
Energy: 43%
Status: In bad shape, but feeling quite triumphant and completely clear-headed. + 2 attack, + 1 special attack and defense

Round seven

The desolate wasteland shimmers and fades as the weary battlers are transported once again, and they soon find themselves floating out in the middle of a wide expanse of water. They both shiver and huddle into themselves as heavy sheets of rain pelt down onto the aquatic arena, quickly leaving them both drenched. Capone and Louie scramble about to get their grip on the sturdy metallic platforms they've been marooned on, trying not to slip on the rain-slicked surface.

Once he's found his footing, Louie quickly takes a fighting stance, then sets his sights on his floundering opponent, ready to finally take her out. He narrows his eyes as he cups his hands together, and a shimmering orb of light quickly flares to life, feeding off the Mienfoo's own aura for strength. With a triumphant howl, Louie sends the aura sphere hurtling towards the dumbstruck Capone, catching her right in the chest with the blinding flare of light. She gives a half-hearted groan as the sphere engulfs her in its blazing glow, then teeters on the spot for a moment before crumpling to the ground.

End of round seven

RespectTheBlade [XOO]
[Capone] scraggy (F) <Moxie>
Health: 0%
Energy: 20%
Status: Knocked out!

The Omskivar [OOO]
[Louie] mienfoo (M) <Inner focus>
Health: 16%
Energy: 38%
Status: Tired but pleased. + 2 attack, + 1 special attack and defense

Battle notes

- This round took place in the water stadium.
- RespectTheBlade sends out and attacks, then Omskivar attacks.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-29-2011, 12:53 AM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

(sorry for forgetting about this. Omskivar and I still want to continue in this as well.)

Alright, a bit of a setback... You did your best, Capone. Let's see... Iroh, You're up!

(Iroh was Drake. Nickname change.)

Let's end this quickly. Flamethrower until he falls. If it turns to the Fighting arena, substitute for Body Slam. If he protects himself from damage in any way at all, Dragon Dance

Flamethrower/Body Slam/Dragon Dance x3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-29-2011, 01:00 AM
The Omskivar's Avatar
The Omskivar The Omskivar is offline
chah, dude
 
Join Date: June 3, 2011
Location: North
Posts: 1,726
Pronoun: He
The Omskivar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

A Dratini, eh? Well. I think we can handle this.

He'll have to wait to see what we do, in any case; use a Rock Tomb to trap him under. Should take him at least an action to worm his way out (literally) and should certainly prevent him from Dancing. Also should create a nice little furnace if he defaults to Flamethrower.

After that, go for a Drain Punch if he shows himself; if he's still underground, use Swords Dance. Same for the third action. If for whatever reason you can't use either option for any action, use Aura Sphere.

Rock Tomb~Drain Punch/Swords Dance/Aura Spherex2
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omskivar
Anyway hi I'm The Omskivar
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Byrus's Avatar
Byrus Byrus is offline
Strange days ahead
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 28
Posts: 1,522
Pronoun: He
Byrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Byrus
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

As RespectTheBlade quickly zaps Capone back into her Pokéball, the wide stretch of water ripples and distorts, before the next stadium shimmers into view. It seems fairly unremarkable compared to previous ones - a deep purple room with simple spiral markings adorning the walls. Several burning globes provide the room with light, allowing the trainers to briefly examine the calm surroundings.

Blade waits for the feeling of dizziness to pass, then fumbles at his belt for his next fighter. Soon enough, Iroh the Dratini materializes in the room, stretching out his serpentine form as he peers over at his foe. Louie glances back at him, valiantly trying to pretend he's in better condition than he feels. Iroh isn't fooled though - he can see the slow, careful way the Mienfoo moves, not to mention the numerous bruises and cuts on his skin. Iroh slithers forward a little, his tail twitching in anticipation of finishing off the weakened fighter. This shouldn't be too much trouble...

RespectTheBlade [XOO]
[Iroh] dratini (M) <Shed skin> draco-plate
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Calm and assured.

The Omskivar [OOO]
[Louie] mienfoo (M) <Inner focus>
Health: 16%
Energy: 38%
Status: Ready for a last stand. + 2 attack, + 1 special attack and defense

Round eight

As the next round begins, Louie plucks up his courage and darts forward, stomping his foot firmly against the ground. To his dismay, the earth underfoot fails to respond, and he is left staring dumbly at the bright purple floor. Trying to keep his cool, Louie stomps down hard again, picturing the image of rock pillars rising up to crush his opponent... still nothing. All he ends up with is a nasty headache that leaves him clutching his head in pain. Something in this seemingly boring room is forming a mental blockade in his mind; one that prevents him from lashing out with brute force.

Iroh looks at his wincing opponent with curiosity, his tail flicking from side to side. He's not sure what sparked off Louie's discomfort, but he's certainly not complaining, and he quickly sets out to take advantage of the distraction. The little dratini takes a deep breath, then exhales a blistering stream of fire that quickly engulfs the unfortunate Mienfoo, effectively bringing his attention back to the battle at hand. Louie yelps and flails about as he struggles to bat out the flames, but the blazing heat bites relentlessly at his bruised up body.

As the last embers fade, Louie is left looking sooty and weary. He grimaces and struggles to stand upright, looking over sullenly at the peppy Dratini. Iroh certainly doesn't look worried, but Louie isn't out of the game just yet. Gritting his teeth, Louie opts for a different but familiar move, one that should hopefully work in this deceptively odd stadium. He holds out his hands, and a shimmering sphere of bright white light rapidly begins to form, steadily growing in size. With a low growl, Louie nudges the orb forward, sending it on its erratic path towards his foe. The aura sphere collides with the startled Iroh before he can even react, searing his scales with its blistering light and leaving him bleary and dazed.

Iroh blinks rapidly as he inspects his damaged hide, still looking somewhat dazzled from the sheer brightness of the move. It hurt a hell of a lot more than he was expecting too - he certainly didn't think the downtrodden Mienfoo had that much left in him. Wincing, Iroh slowly slithers forward a little, then exhales another fiery tongue of flame, eager to finish off his troublesome foe.

Louie is left doubled over in the aftermath of the second flamethrower, barely managing to cling to consciousness. He glares up at Iroh through narrowed eyes, then extends his shaking hands as he prepares one last aura sphere. Iroh backs away warily as he sees the familiar bright light begin to form, but Louie launches the sphere before the dragon can even think of trying to dodge. Iroh gives an angry screech as the second sphere engulfs him in its searing light, leaving him coiled up in pain and blinking furiously.

With an enraged growl, Iroh rapidly snakes forward, his sights set on the battle-weary Mienfoo. The Dratini has had enough, and he's more than happy to put Louie out of his misery. He exhales another blistering stream of fire with a flourish, leaving Louie to weakly bat at the blazing flames scorching his skin. The third breath of fire proves to be the last straw however, and he finally falls to the ground in a sooty heap.

End of round eight

RespectTheBlade [XOO]
[Iroh] dratini (M) <Shed skin> draco-plate
Health: 74%
Energy: 79%
Status: Considerably grumpy.
Moves used: Flamethrower x3

The Omskivar [XOO]
[Louie] mienfoo (M) <Inner focus>
Health: 0%
Energy: 28%
Status: Knocked out!
Moves used: Nothing ~ Aura sphere x2

Battle notes

- This round took place in the psychic stadium, so Louie's rock tomb failed.
- Sorry for not posting a reminder, I forgot about this battle. Luckily I had it subscribed.
- The Omskivar sends out and attacks, then RespectTheBlade attacks.

Last edited by Byrus; 01-01-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-01-2012, 01:13 AM
The Omskivar's Avatar
The Omskivar The Omskivar is offline
chah, dude
 
Join Date: June 3, 2011
Location: North
Posts: 1,726
Pronoun: He
The Omskivar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

OTL the luck, the terrible luck! Oh well; Frankie, you're up.

Spam Ice Beam; if you have any action where you can't attack him, use Natural Gift. I think you get that. If there's a Substitute, Ice Beam. If clones, Natural Gift. If the arena Prevents you from doing either, use Poison Jab.

Ice Beam/Natural Gift/Poison Jabx3
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omskivar
Anyway hi I'm The Omskivar
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-02-2012, 11:50 PM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

Alright. I think I have a strategy for this.

Okay, Iroh. Let's make this simple. Light Screen to reduce damage. Then use Dragon Tail to knock him clear to the other side of the arena. Should buy you an action. Finish off with swift to make sure you hit him from a long distance.

IF the arena is Psychic, then use Dragon Pulse twice.

IF the arena is Fighting, Dragon Tail and then Chill.

Light Screen ~ Dragon Tail/Dragon Pulse ~ Swift/Dragon Pulse/Chill
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Byrus's Avatar
Byrus Byrus is offline
Strange days ahead
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 28
Posts: 1,522
Pronoun: He
Byrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Byrus
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

The calm glow of the lights slowly begins to weaken and fade as the stadium changes, growing dimmer and dimmer until all the occupants are plunged into darkness. The Omskivar shifts about a little uneasily, then hastily zaps the defeated Mienfoo back into his Pokéball, hoping that they haven't been teleported to the wrong dimension or something. As the now pitch black room is eliminated by the brief burst of red light, a screechy wail causes everyone to jump in alarm, and the rest of the new stadium abruptly shimmers into view.

The battlers find themselves in a traditionally creepy graveyard, dotted with cracked and moss-spotted tombstones of all shapes and sizes. A crooked looking cast iron fence surrounds the graveyard's borders, topped with wicked looking spikes. Trying to ignore the sudden and startling change in surroundings, The Omskivar launches a Pokéball to unleash Frankie the male Nidoran. Frankie's large, bristly ears twitch madly as he examines the spooky clearing, and he quickly lowers them as the distant howl of a wayward spirit rings out. With that done, he turns to face his foe, who certainly doesn't appear to be in a good mood, judging by his sullen expression. That sits just fine with Frankie though; he has no intentions of playing nice.

RespectTheBlade [XOO]
[Iroh] dratini (M) <Shed skin> draco-plate
Health: 74%
Energy: 79%
Status: A little perturbed.

The Omskivar [XOO]
[Frankie] nidoranm (M) <Poison point>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Eager to fight, despite the creepy setting.

Round nine

Frankie takes a deep breath, and a frosty mist begins to seep from between his fangs as his body temperature drops. An icy blue orb slowly begins to form in his open jaws, crackling and fizzling with freezing cold energy. As the icy projectile reaches the peak of its power, Frankie sends it hurtling forward with an eager snarl, and it streams towards Iroh in a cloud of freezing vapour. Iroh’s attention is quickly drawn away from the creeping spooks as he spots the ice beam hurtling towards him. He gives a shriek of pain as it engulfs him in its icy grip, freezing his scaly hide and leaving him shivering and shaking.

Iroh groans and gives his body a mighty shake as he struggles to dislodge the thin coating of ice. He manages to shake off the worst of it, but he’s still left cold and uncomfortable, and he certainly isn’t looking forward to any more of those winter blasts. Still, he has the chance to prepare for it, so he may as well take it. Moving slowly and gingerly, Iroh concentrates on setting up his defences. He swishes his tail and closes his eyes as he tries to tap into his limited psychic potential, and a dim purple aura gradually begins to shimmer around him. Iroh scrunches up his eyes tight as he tries to keep his mind firmly on his task, and the dim aura slowly expands, then twists and distorts before it settles into the shape of a solid, sparkling wall of light. Iroh opens his eyes to observe his work, and gives a pleased little smile.

Frankie twitches his nose and eyes the pretty looking barrier curiously. He paces around it as he looks for an opening, but the Dratini’s new defence appears to be quite sturdy. It doesn’t look like good news, but at least it lights up the creepy graveyard a bit. As Iroh peers out warily from behind his shield, Frankie takes another deep breath, and the familiar icy fog begins to cloud around his mouth. He shivers a little as the ice beam begins to crackle and spark between his jaws, before he sends it hurtling towards Iroh. The ice beam hisses through the air like a frozen comet, and Iroh immediately cowers down. However, it slows down considerably as it passes through the glimmering light screen, losing some of its momentum and diminishing slightly. It isn’t stopped completely though, and Iroh gives a frustrated squeak as the hated cold ravages his scaly skin.

Iroh slithers forward slowly, his movement hindered by his lowered body temperature. Frankie twitches his nose and ears as he sees his opponent’s approach, and the poisonous barbs on his body bristle. Iroh warily eyes the toxic spikes covering the Nidoran, and tries his best to avoid them as he raises his tail to swing. Fortunately, he misses the spikes with his strike, but unfortunately, he misses his intended target as well. Iroh’s eyes widen in surprise as his heavy swing sails right past Frankie, who nimbly side-steps out of the way. Iroh’s tail thumps heavily onto the overturned earth and the Dratini gives a cry of frustration and embarrassment.

Frankie gives a small smirk as he hears Iroh's curses, then bounds back a little bit to get a clear shot. Another ice beam is soon blasting Iroh's way, and he's left shivering and quaking as another thin layer of frost coats his scales. His light screen still holds strong though, and Iroh is thankful he at least has that. With a sour look on his face, Iroh twists himself around to face Frankie, and a shining orb of energy rapidly forms near his snout. As the energy expands, it distorts and melds to form multiple star-like shapes. Iroh jerks his head, and the energy suddenly shoots forward, moving with precision and tremendous speed. Frankie gives a grunt of pain as the attack slams home, but a quick shake of his head to clear his senses is all it takes for him to recover.

End of round nine

RespectTheBlade [XOO]
[Iroh] dratini (M) <Shed skin> draco-plate
Health: 50%
Energy: 68%
Status: Cold and uncomfortable. Has a light screen up, to last for three more actions.
Moves used: Light screen ~ Dragon tail (Missed) ~ Swift

The Omskivar [XOO]
[Frankie] nidoranm (M) <Poison point>
Health: 95%
Energy: 79%
Status: Still feeling good.
Moves used: Ice beam x3

Battle notes

- This round took place in the ghost stadium. Will-o-wisp didn't take effect.
- RespectTheBlade attacks first.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 PM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

Alright. Thunder Wave first, and then use Dragon Rush twice. If it turns into the Psychic type stadium, Dragon Pulse first and then unleash your full fury with a Draco Meteor. If he protects at all, use Dragon Dance twice, then chill.

Thunder Wave/Dragon Dance ~ Dragon Rush/Dragon Pulse/Dragon Dance ~ Dragon Rush/Draco Meteor/Chill
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 AM
The Omskivar's Avatar
The Omskivar The Omskivar is offline
chah, dude
 
Join Date: June 3, 2011
Location: North
Posts: 1,726
Pronoun: He
The Omskivar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

Make a 10% Substitute to sponge the Thunder Wave; wait and Mimic Dragon Rush on the second action and on the third, if your Sub has been destroyed, Counter the Dragon Rush.

If the arena prevents the making of a Substitute, use a one-turn Dig to avoid the Thunder Wave; if neither of those is available, take the hit and use Facade. If Dragon Rush was not used on the second action, then Mimic Dragon Pulse. On the third action, if your Sub is still active, use whichever attack you Mimicked the second action. If on the second or third action you find yourself in an anomaly of the above circumstances, use Brick Break. Wait fuck you don't get Brick Break. Well then use Disable on Thunder Wave.

Blargh this is probably going to be fucked up by the arena

Substitute (10%)/Dig/Facade~Mimic (Dragon Rush)/Mimic (Dragon Pulse)/Disable (Thunder Wave)~Counter/Dragon Rush\Pulse/Disable (Thunder Wave)

I don't think the third action's Dragon Rush/Dragon Pulse should count as more than one conditional, since at most only one of those attacks will be available to Frankie.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omskivar
Anyway hi I'm The Omskivar
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Byrus's Avatar
Byrus Byrus is offline
Strange days ahead
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 28
Posts: 1,522
Pronoun: He
Byrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Byrus
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

RespectTheBlade [XOO]
[Iroh] dratini (M) <Shed skin> draco-plate
Health: 50%
Energy: 68%
Status: Cold and uncomfortable. Has a light screen up, to last for three more actions.

The Omskivar [XOO]
[Frankie] nidoranm (M) <Poison point>
Health: 95%
Energy: 79%
Status: Still feeling good.

Round ten

The eerie darkness of the graveyard rapidly begins to melt away, and the two battlers are plunged into a new battlefield. The rock stadium shimmers into view once again, revealing its tough, craggy terrain and generous piles of boulders. Frankie looks around curiously at his new surroundings and pokes at the rocky flooring with his claws, while the shivering Iroh simply spares a brief and uninterested glance.

Frankie flicks his ears, then stabs his sharp little claws into the nearest pile of rocks. He rapidly carves off jagged shards to make a new pile, and they slowly begin to reassemble themselves into a brand new form. The cluster of stones click together to form the rough shape of another Nidoran, complete with large ears and stubby limbs. When the rock creature is fully formed, Frankie breathes some life into the new creation, and the substitute’s hollow eye sockets abruptly flare up with a bright white light. It takes an unsteady step forward, its rocky feet thumping heavily against the craggy ground, and stands protectively in front of its creator, blank white eyes glaring at the tiny dragon opposite them.

Iroh is still feeling miserable from the barrage of cold he received last round, and the shivering Dratini is slow to react to the new threat. He slithers forward sluggishly, and spares the stone substitute a withering look before he sends a small pulse of electricity arcing towards his opponent. The thunder wave fizzles and crackles as it streams towards Iroh, but the newly created substitute is quick to react. It steps forward to absorb the shock, and the sparks rapidly engulf its rocky form. They hiss and crackle uselessly around its craggy body, then abruptly fizzle out.

Frankie gives a toothy grin as Iroh gives a weary snarl of frustration, then settles back to watch the show. He’s going to have to pay close attention to his foe’s next move, but he’s pretty sure he can manage. Iroh glares back the smug looking Nidoran, then abruptly streams forward with a sudden burst of adrenaline. Frankie tenses up and twitches his ears rapidly, but keeps a close eye on the movement of his disgruntled opponent. A swathe of blue dragon fire flares up around Iroh’s body as he builds up momentum, spitting out a barrage of crackling sparks along the way. When he nears his foe, Iroh raises his fiery tail to swing, and Frankie’s new substitute immediately darts forward with surprising agility, ready to take the hit for its master. Iroh’s tail crashes down heavily on the rock creature, and the impact immediately splits it in two, sending crushed shards of rock flying. The creation staggers about drunkenly before it is consumed with the bright blue dragon fire, which greedily eats away at its crumbling form. Iroh snorts dismissively as the interfering substitute totters and flails about even as its body rapidly disintegrates, before its blazing form is finally destroyed by the spreading flames, leaving behind a charred heap of dust.

Frankie appears wholly unconcerned with the destruction of his substitute, and continues to stare at Iroh for a few more moments, a look of intense concentration on his face. He lowers his head and swiftly runs through the process of dragon rush in his mind, trying to remember every little detail. Just a little bit of draconian energy combined with a mad rush of adrenaline... and voila! Yes, he's pretty sure he can pull it off. Feeling pleased with himself, Frankie turns towards his foe again, confident in his new-found knowledge. However, his grin quickly disappears as he sees the angry little dragon charging towards him once again, blazing like a comet. Frankie scrambles about quickly to prepare himself, and takes a tense defensive stance, his poisonous barbs bristling.

Iroh gives a low growl, then swings his fiery tail again, leaving a blazing blue trail in his wake. Frankie gives a grunt of pain as the strike hits home, slamming him viciously across the face and scorching him with dragon fire. Iroh gives a triumphant cry, but his moment of victory is short-lived, as Frankie suddenly retaliates with unexpected force. The Nidoran gives a low growl, and the blue flames biting at his skin abruptly die off as an orange aura blazes into life around him. Iroh falters, his tail dropping to the ground as he stares in puzzlement. Frankie looks at him grimly, then suddenly lunges forward, knocking the startled Dratini flying. Iroh gives a howl of pain as he is sent crashing into the stone floor, leaving him lying dazed and hurt in a messy tangle. To add insult to injury, his flickering light screen fades out, leaving him feeling as vulnerable as ever.

End of round ten

RespectTheBlade [XOO]
[Iroh] dratini (M) <Shed skin> draco-plate
Health: 28%
Energy: 49%
Status: Badly shaken.
Moves used: Thunder wave ~ Dragon rush x2

The Omskivar [XOO]
[Frankie] nidoranm (M) <Poison point>
Health: 74%
Energy: 57%
Status: Tired but triumphant. Mimicked move: Dragon rush
Moves used: Substitute (10%) ~ Mimic (Dragon rush) ~ Counter (Dragon rush)

Battle notes

- This round took place in the rock stadium. No rock slides this time.
- Btw, I'm randomizing who moves first since Dratini and Nidoran have identical base speeds.
- The Omskivar attacks first.

Last edited by Byrus; 02-11-2012 at 02:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-13-2012, 12:50 AM
The Omskivar's Avatar
The Omskivar The Omskivar is offline
chah, dude
 
Join Date: June 3, 2011
Location: North
Posts: 1,726
Pronoun: He
The Omskivar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

Byrus I swear to God I will ref you and ole_schooler tonight

Frankie this is good good good. We've got loads of health to spare. If you can attack with Dragon Rush and it will connect, do so; if not, use Hone Claws. If you have a status, use Dragon Rush anyway, it'll do more than Facade. If anything ambiguous comes up other than the above criteria, just Chill.

Dragon Rush/Hone Claws/Chill x3
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omskivar
Anyway hi I'm The Omskivar
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-13-2012, 11:26 PM
RespectTheBlade's Avatar
RespectTheBlade RespectTheBlade is offline
rage against the dying of the light
 
Join Date: May 29, 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Age: 22
Posts: 2,472
Pronoun: He
RespectTheBlade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar

Allright, this is not going so well. Let's try and salvage this... Ooh, I know.

Skull Bash 3 times. The raised defense should lower the damage some. If you get to 10% health or below on the second or 3rd action, protect. If it's the Psychic arena,Draco Meteor thrice, and protect if you get below 10%.

Skull Bash/Draco Meteor/Protect x 3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-07-2015, 01:27 AM
Byrus's Avatar
Byrus Byrus is offline
Strange days ahead
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Ireland
Age: 28
Posts: 1,522
Pronoun: He
Byrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Byrus
Default Re: RespectTheBlade vs. Omskivar


(or three years, same diff! I hate leaving stuff unfinished, so let's do this)


RespectTheBlade [XOO]
[Iroh] dratini (M) <Shed skin> draco-plate
Health: 28%
Energy: 49%
Status: Badly shaken.

The Omskivar [XOO]
[Frankie] nidoranm (M) <Poison point>
Health: 74%
Energy: 57%
Status: Tired but triumphant. Mimicked move: Dragon rush

Round eleven

It seems to take considerably longer for the mechanisms of the stadium to kick in this time, and both weary battlers are left feeling more than a little impatient. However, the stadium finally begins another change-over, and the craggy expanse of rocky terrain gradually gives way to a lush forest, complete with a tranquil pond in its center. The leaves in the trees rustle as a few busy looking Beedrill fly out, but the bugs seem content to go about their own business and not interfere with the fight.

Twitching his ears, Frankie sets his sight on Iroh, and prepares to put his new-found knowledge to use. He shuts his eyes and concentrates, before a blue flare of draconic energy springs to life around him, raging fiercely. Frankie yelps, startled by the fiery success of the move, but quickly regains his composure, giving a small grin at seeing his mimicry put into action. As he prepares to charge at Iroh, he notices the Dratini is taking a defensive stance; his body coiled up protectively. Frankie doesn't pay it much mind though, and races forward with a loud yell, draconic fire blazing outward in all directions. He leaps up and charges down, intending to land on Iroh, but the high-powered tackle proves extremely difficult for him to control, and he finds himself landing just short of his intended target, forming a smoking crater in the grass on impact.

As the rather embarrassed looking Nidoran tries to regain his bearings, Iroh seizes the opportunity to spring forward in a tremendous burst of energy. Frankie has the wind completely knocked out of him as Iroh bashes into him with surprising force, knocking them both across the grass in a messy tumble. The attack leaves Frankie gasping for breath and blinking rapidly, trying to figure out exactly what hit him. Iroh disentangles himself from his foe, still hurting but feeling a small spark of triumph at having landed such a damaging blow. The only thing spoiling it is a sharp, stinging pain on his tail. Wincing, Iroh inspects the damage, and is disgusted to see a nasty barb sticking out of it, courtesy of Frankie's poisonous hide.

Iroh wriggles his tail in an effort to dislodge it, but the damage is done, and he can already feel a wave of nausea washing over him as the poison takes hold. Annoyed at yet another set-back, Iroh sinks into his defensive stance again, trying not to dwell on it too much. Frankie, meanwhile, has recovered from the mishap and is ready to take another leap of faith, the familiar dragon fire blazing around his tiny body. This time, his attack hits home, smashing into Iroh with a blinding burst of flames. Iroh cries out as the dragon energy scorches his hide, but struggles forward bravely, crashing into Frankie with another head-first blow.

As both battlers regroup, they repeat their tactics, with Frankie tackling Iroh with a draconic bonfire, and Iroh delivering another punishing strike with his head-first take down. The end result leaves the two pokémon out of breath and nursing their wounds in a forest full of smoking craters and scorched plant-life. Though Frankie is now looking much more bruised than before, Iroh is definitely worse off, and for a moment he's positive that nasty poison in his bloodstream is going to be just enough to signal the end for him... but he manages to hold onto consciousness by a thread. Barely.

End of round eleven

RespectTheBlade [XOO]
[Iroh] dratini (M) <Shed skin> draco-plate
Health: 1%
Energy: 13%
Status: Ready to drop. Poisoned (1% damage per action)
Moves used: Skull bash x3

The Omskivar [XOO]
[Frankie] nidoranm (M) <Poison point>
Health: 38%
Energy: 30%
Status: Displeased by his opponent's sudden show of strength, but ready to land the finishing blow. Mimicked move: Dragon rush
Moves used: Dragon rush (Missed) ~ Dragon rush x2

Battle notes

- This round took place in the bug arena. No Beedrill attacks.
- Iroh was struck by poison point on the first action. His shed skin did not kick in this round.
- I tack on 2% energy for moves learned by mimic, as the Pokémon is still less familiar with them.
- To clarify, I only apply the + 1 defense boost for skull bash on the action it's used. I don't treat it as a permanent boost, because that obviously makes no sense.
- RespectTheBlade attacks first.

Last edited by Byrus; 05-07-2015 at 03:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.