• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Farroh v4

Zeph

from up here the sky is my thoughts
Pronoun
he
Introduction

tumblr_o5sqo4hyNT1vrk4o5o1_500.png

So I'm back again with my fake region project, kids! I just know you're as excited as I am. Old thread

Contents
The Farroh Region
Pokémon
Moves & Abilities
Items
The Farroh League
Pokémon Wood and Iron
Miscellaneous

As I explained in an update on the old thread two and a half years ago, the release of X and Y meant I had to rejig everything in Farroh a little bit, particularly in terms of geography and a few Pokémon ideas (though Gen VI didn't make quite as many as my Pokémon redundant as Generation V did, so that's a mild relief). Also with Sun and Moon looming I'll have to be careful with what I do to avoid being too unoriginal.

With that in mind,with this reboot I've mostly focused on the region itself and the story; I'm trying to tweak and add to the collection of 'new' Pokémon so that'll (theoretically) come after. There's still a preliminary list below with names, types and short descriptions, so take a look.​

Last edited:
The Farroh Region

tumblr_o5qgt0U53P1vrk4o5o2_540.png

This is a purely functional map showing the locations of cities, points of interest and routes. I'll make a more pretty illustrated one at some point like in the old thread, and maybe some rough drawings of some of the towns. Blue squares are cities, blue circles are towns, red circles are points of interest (caves, forests etc), dark strips are routes.

Here's a labelled version:

tumblr_o5qgt0U53P1vrk4o5o1_540.png

A: Perido Town
B: Citrelle Town
C: Spessar City
D: Malack City
E: Carnelia City
F: Clinolor Town
G: Tormalos City
H: Lapiville Town
I: Quarta City
J: Spinele City Institute
K: Larimar Town
L: Amethis City
M: Garnate City
N: Marcast City
O: Zirken City
P: Oligo Town
Q: Fiorar City
R: Liolide Town
T: Helione Town

A: Perido Town is a little coastal village where the player’s adventure begins. It is quaint, with the scent of the sea on the air.

B: Citrelle Town is the farming market town where the player and their friends find three Pokéballs bearing the mark of Spinele City’s Pokémon Lab that seem to have been stolen. It has a Pokémon centre and a small marketplace.

C: Spessar City is a hilly town home to a popular Pokémon Zoo where experienced trainers can work to earn money and purchase some of the Pokémon on display.

D: Across the Iridescent Bridge from Spessar City, Malack City is known for its docks and its artsy modern buildings, including the Malack Aquarium that houses the first Pokémon Gym the player encounters, led by the water-type trainer Iuan.

E: E: Carnelia City is the region’s capital city and is actually split into two halves: The Southern Bank is a more traditional, historical district with older buildings, parks and the famous restaurant that is the second gym, run by normal-type trainer Lucinda. The Northern Bank is far more modern, populated mostly by young adults who enjoy the various clubs and bars, including the fifth gym, dark-trainer Zahra’s nightclub-gym.

F: Clinolor Town is a chilly mining settlement that has little else to offer but its deep mines, the focus of much local folklore.

G: Tormalos City is an old industrial capital that has in recent years become far more environmentally-friendly, replacing its old factories with green, tree-filled parks and wind farms. Its oldest foundry remains standing though no longer functional, and houses Frederick’s dual type fire/grass gym, the third the player will challenge.

H: Lapiville Town is a tiny mountain village situated entirely inside the caverns of the Cosma Mountains, lit by the colourful luminescent crystals that fill the place.

I: Quarta City is the location of a prestigious school that offers diplomas in Basic Pokémon Studies, required for entry to the Spinele City Institute.

J: Spinele City has been more or less taken over by its world-renowned academy, the Spinele City Institute. Only trainer with at least three gym badges and a diploma in Basic Pokémon Studies are admitted, to train up and challenge the fourth gym leader, the genius psychic master and Pokémon Professor, Huberta Hawthorn.

K: Larimar Town is a tiny village in the shadow of Starshine Hill, where the region’s famous Observatory stands.

L: Amethis City is a coastal resort with dazzling beaches and a fairground esplanade. The sixth gym leader, Aurora, trains her flying-type Pokémon atop the city’s lighthouse.

M: Garnate City is famous for its architecture, including its cafés, museums and canals. Beryl’s steel-type gym is found inside the city’s famous modern art gallery.

N: Marcast City, as well as being the gate between the Farroh and Kalos regions, has a large renowned market that sells items from all over the world.

O: Zirken City runs along a pretty canal and is known for its wharves and restaurants. The city has no gym, but does feature the ancient Battleburg Castle where trainers can take part in consecutive battles to earn prizes.

P: Oligo Town is an ocean retreat built atop and below the cliffs of Zephyr Isle, popular for its waterfalls.

Q: Fiorar City sits around a small bay near the snowy tundras of north Farroh. It has pretty docks, and the final gym of the region’s league, ghost-trainer and singer Isobella’s festival park.

R: Liolide Town is a tiny village on a chilly coast, best known for its holiday park frequented by trainer from all over the world. It also gives access to the safest route to the Pokémon League.

T: Helione Town is a quiet retreat next to the ancient natural monument of the Colossus Steps.
S: Pokémon League
U: Clinolor Mines
V: Mount Cosma
W: Elbian Forest
X: Larimar Cove
Y: Falos Reef
Z: Zephyr Bluff
Γ: Glacial Hollow
Δ: Lake Lore
Θ: Victory Road
Π: Larimar Observatory
Σ: Stepstone Cavern
Ψ: Colossus Steps
Φ: Archaic Grotto

S: Situated atop the beautiful scenic fjords that make up victory road, Farroh’s Pokémon League is also a great performance space. Trainers challenge ice-trainer Neville on an ice rink, poison-trainer Vivien on a dance floor, dragon-trainer Regan in a concert hall, bug-trainer Olivia in a gymnastics space and finally Champion Eugene, the player’s older brother, on a theatre stage.

U: The Clinolor Mines are steeped in local fairytales and legends. The deepest parts are said to be inhabited by a mythical Pokémon.

V: Mount Cosma is the highest point of the region. Few trainers have been known to reach its foggy summit.

W: Elbian Forest once filled the whole area around Carnelia City, but in recent decades parts of it have been flattened to allow for expansion of the region’s metropolis.

X: Larimar Cove is a nature reserve inhabited by rare Water-type Pokémon.

Y: Falos Reef is a colourful coral reef that bridges the sea between mainland Farroh and its eastern reaches.

Z: Zephyr Bluff is the most treacherous of the cliffs on Zephyr Isle.

Γ: Glacial Hollow is a freezing cavern in the tundras near Fiorar City.

Δ: Lake Lore is a long, deep lake said to be home to an ancient legendary Pokémon.

Θ: The final challenge for trainers wishing to take on the Pokémon league is to traverse the fjords, cliffs and caves of Victory Road, filled with some of the strongest trainers in the region.

Π: Larimar Observatory sits atop Starshine hill. Trainers can use the telescope to observe the night sky and learn about certain legendary Pokémon.

Σ: Stepstone Cavern is a small flooded cave halfway between the mainland and Colossus Steps.

Ψ: The Colossus Steps are an ancient geographical phenomenon, said to be used by vast Pokémon ages ago to cross the sea.

Φ: Fossilised Pokémon fill the renowned Archaic Grotto. There seems to be no access to its deepest most ancient areas.
The routes are all labelled by number on the map, but they each also have a nickname as below:

ROUTES
1: Gemsand Beach
2: Clifftop Path
3: Country Lane
4: Iridescent Bridge
5: Rainy Valley
6: Flatland Paaa
7: Hilly Peaks
8: Gulf of Stones
9: Colossus Coast
10: Ruined Path
11: Quarta Lakes
12: Highland Woods
13: Fjord Archipelago
14: Midland Way
15: Running Path
16: Larimar Bay
17: Twilit Road
18: Starshine Hill
19: Razed Woods
20: Coastal Woods
21: Coastal Cycle Path
22: Falos Sea
23: Mudflat Spits
24: Tulip Path
25: Quint Isles East
26: Quint Isles Centre
27: Quint Isles West
28: Howling Tundra

Last edited:
Re: Farroh V4

Pokémon Wood and Iron

Obviously these games are never going to be made, but hey, it's fun to think about. I imagine them being on the 3DS in roughly the same style as XY/ORAS, with full 3D areas, a more mobile camera than pre-XY games (but probably not quite as erratic as the camera in XY), customisable characters and animated 3D battles and cutscenes.

Version differences will be italicised and annotated.

The game begins as always with you, the player, a teenager, in your home in Perido Town. Your mother - a retired master Pokémon trainer - calls you to the TV, where you see there is a commotion in the next town over, Citrelle. Supposedly there's a Pokémon battle happening in the middle of town between local trainers and a mysterious group who are ranting about saving the environment (W)/ranting about overcrowded cities (I).

Enter your friend Louis, who excitedly suggests that you go and check out the ruckus together - after all, the two of you want to become Pokémon trainers, so you should go and see how it's done. You travel to Citrelle Town together, and find that the battle is over, and the mysterious strangers have left. In the aftermath, they left behind a container filled with three unusual Pokéballs, containing the Pokémon Petaby, Bratoo and Findol. You and Louis each pick one, battle each other and return home. As you leave, a young woman approaches the container and takes the last Pokéball, talking quietly to herself.

You get home and show the Pokémon to your mother, who recognises the symbol on the Pokéball: It comes from the Spinele Pokémon Laboratory, run by an old friend of hers, Professor Hawthorn. She suggests that you and Louis take the Pokéballs to the Lab, but then recalls that the Lab is part of the Spinele Cty Institute, which only admits trainers who have earned three or more Farroh Gym Badges. She is about to head off to take them there herself, when Louis suggests that you and he instead use this as an excuse to begin your own Pokémon adventures.

And so you set off, soon splitting up. Via Citrelle Town you reach Spessar City, and cross the Iridescent Bridge to Malack City, where you challenge the first Gym Leaders, Iuan, in his water-type aquarium gym. With the first badge obtained, you can visit the capital city of Farroh, Carnelia, north of Spessar. The road there is still under some construction, the surrounding forest having recently been cut down.

Upon reaching this road, you find the same environmental activists who were on the TV in Citrelle Town trying to halt the construction of the road by threatening the roadworkers with their Pokémon. You bravely step in and challenge the leader of the group, who calls herself Dria, a "warrior of Team Gaia". (W)/you come across the group from the TV in Citrelle Town, who are hassling the roadworkers with their Pokémon, trying to make them work faster and more efficiently. You bravely step in and challenge the leader, who calls himself Etnus, a "Fighter of Team Metro". (I) When the group are defeated, they reluctantly vanish, and the roadworkers thank you and let you pass on to Carnelia City.

You enter the traditional southern bank of Carnelia City, with its old-fashioned buildings and bustling yet dignified inhabitants, far from the noise and fashion of the northern bank. You challenge Normal-type Gym Leader Lucinda at her museum, and then head towards Tormalos City, via Spessar and Malack. On the way you pass through the quiet, oddly lifeless Clinolor Town and visit its deep mines, which are surrounded by fables and legends of mythical Pokémon. When you get to the tree-filled Tormalos city, you challenge Grass- and Fire-type leader Frederick in the old foundry-turned gym.

When you try to head over to Spinele City to go to the insitute, Louis appears and says he tried the same thing, but wasn't allowed in since he didn't have a diploma in "Basic Pokémon Studies". He tells you he heard that you can obtain a diploma at the school in Quarta City, so you head through the mountains and stop at Lapiville Town on the way through the crystal-filled caves. Here, you encounter Team Gaia(W)/Metro(I) again, who are hoping to harness the supposed power of the crystals. You battle another member of the team, Nymo(W)/Amphia(I), who mention their leader, Artemia, who wants to stop the razing of Farroh's natural habitats and demolish the 'ugly' cities that pockmark its landscape to return the region to its original beauty(W)/Stephanus, whose aim is to fill the whole landmass of Farroh with one vast metropolis where Pokémon and people can live happily together, safe from overcrowding and the dangers of the wild.(I).

You move on to Quarta City and visit the Pokémon School there, completing some tests and defeating a few trainers to gain your Basic Pokémon Studies diploma. With that in hand, you and Louis make your way to Spinele City, which is almost entirely taken up by its prestigious Pokémon Institute, which you are admitted to with your three badges and diploma. You work your way through the institute until you are able to challenge your fourth gym-leader, Psychic master Huberta - the very same Professor Hawthorn that your mother sent you to find. Before you battle, you show her the Pokémon you found and explain the situation to her, and she takes you to her Lab to talk.

You and Louis explain all about Team Gaia(W)/Metro(I), who despite their well-meant aims are using overly violent methods to get there. The Professor understands, and thanks you and Louis for retrieving her Pokémon. She asks where the third one is, and the girl from earlier enters. She introduces herself as Polly, an amateur Pokémon researcher and journalist. She explains that she has been following you and Louis on your travels and observing how you raise your Pokémon, then reveals that she has been raising the third one you left behind. Professor Hawthorn notices the three of you are raising the Pokémon well, and suggests that you keep them and continue on your journeys, whilst keeping an eye on Team Gaia(W)/Metro(I). She then finally agrees to battle you, earning you your fourth gym badge.
Team Gaia (Pokémon Wood)
Leader: Artemia
Deputies: Demetrus, Nymo and Dria

Team Gaia are opposed to the further colonisation of the Farroh landmass. They call civilisation 'destruction', claiming that the building of cities and roads ruins the habitats of wild Pokémon. They would have Farroh's greatest cities torn down so that the region's natural beauty may be restored. Their ultimate goal is to find the mythical nature Pokémon Panseiad to help them achieve this.

Team Metro (Pokémon Iron)
Leader: Stephanus
Deputies: Valka, Amphia and Etnus

Team Metro believe that civilisation and cities keep both people and Pokémon safe, and advocate the destruction of natural environments to make way for total urbanisation of Farroh to provide a safe home for everyone in the region. They intend to unlock the powers of the legendary Pokémon Tektimos, said to have helped humans build the first cities of Farroh.

Last edited:
So I've added the region map with a description of all locations, and written out the first half of the storyline for Pokémon Wood and Iron. Any comments and suggestions and criticisms and whatnot are appreciated!

This seems really interesting... Can I help out?

Also, how many new pokemon do you plan to include?

Thanks for the offer, but it's kind of a personal project and I've already got most things at least vaguely planned out - but any comments or suggestions are welcome!

As for how many Pokémon, probably somewhere around 100, with 70-80 already in various stages of design.

Glad to hear it!

Here's a rough drawing of Panseiad, the cover legendary of Wood version.

tumblr_o5sqhnKzLy1vrk4o5o1_1280.png

Do the evil teams have any impact on the story of the version where they are not the antagonists?

Good question - not totally sure of the details yet, but they probably feature more heavily in the later half of the game and help the player fight against the antagonist team, like Magma/Aqua in RS/ORAS.

aw yiss! i've been waiting for this to come back... i hope you knew this had a following. i've done a few (shitty) projects of a similar nature in the past, and my recurring stumbling block has always been recording stuff. how do you keep track of your pokémon? do you have a spreadsheet or a wiki or a database or do you just jot things down in a sketchbook, or... how do you do it?

Back
Top Bottom