• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Café of Doom

Re: The Café of Doom

Does anyone play Persona? If so, should I start at 1 or can I start with 4 or something similar?

The persona series is kind of weird because it started as a direct spin-off of Shin Megami Tensei, and its mechanics kind of began to diverge from there. I've never actually played any of them but in general I'm a huge fan of the franchise (it actually got me interested in tarot cards, which I now am an amateur at reading). Persona 1 and 2 are the odd ones out here - I think 2 (which comes in two versions; if you're playing it play Innocent Sin first, then Eternal Punishment, that's the "order" of the stories) is thought of as a bit better than 1, but I'm not really sure.

Persona 3 and persona 4 are the modern ones that everyone knows about and which I prefer. They're both about even in terms of how "good" they are - in the opinions of most people I've talked to, P3 has a bit of a better story, whereas P4's gameplay refinements are much welcome. I prefer Persona 4's characters, but a lot of my friends prefer Persona 3's (which is a shame for them since P4 has gotten so much more publicity and spin-offs; I went to an anime convention recently and there was almost no one cosplaying P3; meanwhile a bunch of people cosplayed P4).

I would recommend playing persona 3 first. None of the persona games are connected to each other in terms of story (besides Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, obviously) so you can play them out of order just fine. P3 is a good way to get into the series before playing P4 for the several references it makes to P3, and then P1 and P2 which are a bit more old school.

I always wonder what's been happening to the old Pokemon communities I used to frequent. I'm glad to see that this one is still alive, though the forum's not as active as it once was. TCoD had a huge effect on me personally when I was a frequent poster back in middle school (2008 or so) - something tells me I don't want to look at my old posts.

I'll be getting my bachelor's degree soon and am currently on a software development co-op as part of my school. How have you all been?

Meh. I just realized that everything I've ever posted here made me sound like I was 5 years old and trying to be cool, so that's nice. I look back on myself and I realize.
I suck.
That's it in a nutshell.

The one on the right looks like a recolored Prince Charming from Shrek.

So pick that one.

I was clicking through a random symbol generator and this description popped up:

This symbol is shaped sort of like a comma combined with an apostrophe. It is quite minimalistic in design.

What?
,'​
Oh, you mean a colon.
:​

Hey, maybe it could also mean:

,':)

Three symbols for the price of one!!

So I've been really into Starbomb AMVs, they're just So Good™

Not to mention how utterly fascinated I am with Studio Yotta's work, being someone who's tryna learn the ins and outs of animation, after all. It's so captivating how totally fluid and full of life their animations turn out to be. <333

Anyone else like Starbomb's AMVs, or just Starbomb in general?

If I accidentally beat
Deoxys after the Delta Episode,
can I make it respawn by beating the E4 again? I've searched the internet, but it's never specified if this is a one-time kind of thing.

If I accidentally beat
Deoxys after the Delta Episode,
can I make it respawn by beating the E4 again? I've searched the internet, but it's never specified if this is a one-time kind of thing.

I'm pretty sure it respawns on top of Sky Pillar

It's also Sierpinski's birthday. Go out and get something triangular.

It's also Einstein's birthday. Go out and get something hyperbolic.

Back
Top Bottom