• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Double-Take Mafia

The townspeople return to the square for what seems another totally normal morning, until someone notices that one person is missing.

Flora, the Town-aligned Diviner, has been eliminated. Flora had the following abilities:

- Intercept: (active, nightly, single target) If your target is killed overnight or in the day phase immediately after you use this ability, they will survive and you will lose this ability. You can't target the same person on consecutive nights with this ability.

- Prophesy: (active, nightly, single target) When you lose this ability, one of your most recent target's abilities will be revealed publicly along with their name. If your target hasn't lost any abilities, it will be their first ability. If they have lost their first ability, it will be their second ability. You do not need to designate a new target every night, but if your target has been eliminated since you designated them, nothing will be revealed.

Upon further examination, the townspeople find another paper haphazardly pinned to the bulletin board, underneath the daily flyer. It's written in Flora's distinctive handwriting:

Eifie has this ability.

- Pull Strings: (active, once in the game, single target) If you use this ability during a night phase, your target will be killed at the end of the night. If you use this ability during a day phase, your target will be killed as soon as the host processes your action, and the day's duration and vote count will be reset. You may only use this ability once, but using it doesn't count as losing it for the purposes of elimination.

It is now Day 3. 96 hours for discussion.

Oof. Well, that kill wasn't all that surprising, since I already said in the thread that I had no powers left. We really should get to doing something. Does anyone have thoughts on like, anyone?

I'm thinking something like this:

Probably town:
- sanderidge: Like I said before, I found her pretty genuine when I talked to her privately, although this doesn't really mean anything to the rest of you.

Leaning town:
- RNP: A bit more uncertain now, but what I said before (him targeting the person to be killed with his visiting power would be pretty strange if he was mafia) still stands.
- Butterfree: I like her questions. A mafia could ask them too, but eh, leaning town for now.

No opinion, because they've barely done anything:
- Zero Moment
- Stryke

I wouldn't be opposed to lynching one of the bottom two.

RedneckPhoenix, whom did you target last night?

Eifie, out of curiosity, what's your role name?

Keldeo, how does lynching work in this game - does the person just lose one ability, or do they actually die?

frowns. i blocked flora last night, but as we can all see, that didn't do anything. i asked keldeo about it, and my action was definitely received, but the answer specifically said i can't be confirmed as to whether it went through or not? i guess we have a swappy role?

frowns. i blocked flora last night, but as we can all see, that didn't do anything. i asked keldeo about it, and my action was definitely received, but the answer specifically said i can't be confirmed as to whether it went through or not? i guess we have a swappy role?

Actually, now it makes a bit more sense why we got information on me. Maybe it used Flora's target from the previous night instead; it does say one of her most recent targets. She could have used both her actions on me, or maybe her bodyguard target counted for the other thing too?

This isn't really well-thought-out right now because typing everything I'm thinking from my phone is too much effort, so maybe I'll write something better later.

I. I targeted. Flora.

Either this is the biggest coincidence I've ever seen, or there's some crazy fuckery going on that I'm not aware of. Is there some sort of role that lets you replace someone's role with a kill or something of the sort, or am I just the unluckiest person to ever live?

Huh. Well, that'd explain why no one was speaking up to say they were targeted by you. Is there a reason you went for Flora?

It occurred to me too that the way Flora's action is described could possibly mean blocking it just means blocking the latest target switch, but it does seem sort of a weird way for it to function, hrrmmmm.

I'm wondering how many mafia members there might be in the game. I was thinking two would be normal for a game of seven here, but if we have to lynch each of them twice, that means we'd have to lynch correctly four times, which I think would make the game significantly harder for town - after all, we don't actually know the person's alignment after we lynch them the first time, since the actual abilities aren't supposed to necessarily be alignment-indicative, so each of those four times is still pretty much equivalent to getting a single lynch right in a normal mafia game. I need to brush up on my probability theory, but even with everyone having two lives, with us having only some chance of getting each lynch right while the mafia is sure to hit a town member each night, I'm pretty sure this significantly skews things the mafia's way. So, assuming Keldeo accounted for this, maybe we only have a single mafia member here? That'd be nice.

Let's definitely lynch someone today. I'd be okay with Zero Moment or Stryke, unless they have something mindblowing to say.

it really would be nice if there was only one mafia, then we only have to guess correctly once, then we can lynch again the next day and win! unless they have some sort of multiple kill ability? but that seems overpowered.

at any rate, given the possibility of just one mafia (and/or the possibility of having to rat out and lynch more than that), i also think we should lynch today? zm or stryke sounds good to me!

I'm wondering how many mafia members there might be in the game. I was thinking two would be normal for a game of seven here, but if we have to lynch each of them twice, that means we'd have to lynch correctly four times, which I think would make the game significantly harder for town - after all, we don't actually know the person's alignment after we lynch them the first time, since the actual abilities aren't supposed to necessarily be alignment-indicative, so each of those four times is still pretty much equivalent to getting a single lynch right in a normal mafia game. I need to brush up on my probability theory, but even with everyone having two lives, with us having only some chance of getting each lynch right while the mafia is sure to hit a town member each night, I'm pretty sure this significantly skews things the mafia's way. So, assuming Keldeo accounted for this, maybe we only have a single mafia member here? That'd be nice.

There are other ways of balancing things, most significantly (imo) that investigative roles can happily investigate away until they lose one power, and only then reveal themselves to give us their info. It's hard to think about how much each player having two lives skews things one way or another, but I'd be surprised if there was only one mafia member. I've been wondering about this too.

"Working the streets is tough. Always is, no matter where you are. Places like these are tougher, though. I got a better track record than most, so I got called in for this one. Problem is? The townsfolk ain't in a cooperative mood. You ask, they don't tell. The local fuzz clammed up, too. Can't even go the, uh, 'dubiously legal' route, either, with all these fancy security systems everyone's got hooked up nowadays. So I had to go with Ol' Unreliable—stakeout and stalking. An' unreliable is just as it's proven to be, seeing as I've got squat to show for my work. First night went bad- some stranger caught me as I was setting up, had to bail since my cover was blown. Next two nights went smoothly, for all the good that did. No usable information, as far as I can tell. But hey, that's the gig.

So there's my life story. Now would you kindly get that light outta my face?"

A fighter
A sighter
Two friends on the phone.
A talker
A blocker
Now I think we're done.

But wait! Just pause! There's one more I forgot.
One little inspector, among the lot.
Stryking at night, with knowledge to accrue;
Can you guess which character matches up to who?

Well, they sure had something mindblowing to say, I guess. Zero Moment seems to be claiming some kind of investigative role (tracker?) and Stryke inspector? Can you elaborate upon what your actions have been thus far?

sanderidge said:
it really would be nice if there was only one mafia, then we only have to guess correctly once, then we can lynch again the next day and win! unless they have some sort of multiple kill ability? but that seems overpowered.
We won't know that we guessed correctly after the first time, though. The mafia kill is separate from the actual abilities, so that's not going to be revealed.

Well, they sure had something mindblowing to say, I guess. Zero Moment seems to be claiming some kind of investigative role (tracker?) and Stryke inspector? Can you elaborate upon what your actions have been thus far?

Yeah, as I inferred, I am an inspector. I can find out anyone's first abilities, or second ability if they already lost their first. Speaking of which, I've already figured out everyone's first abilities, and they're all there in the poem (including Eifie and Flora's, even though we all already know what they are), so feel free to use that information as you wish. I'm not explicitly revealing what anyone's first ability is without their permission though; I don't want to roleclaim for any of you guys before you yourself are ready to.

Well, none of those sound like RNP's sleepwalking thing. If his first ability is the one I'm guessing it is, I'm pretty curious about it. RNP, want to tell us anything?

Well, my first ability is definitely in there and there's no other way for him to know, so Stryke's claim is bulletproof as far as I'm concerned.

Zero Moment, exactly how does your role work and whom did you target?

Back
Top Bottom