• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sword and Shield Choice Pokéresistance

Re: Sword and Shield Choice Pokéresistance

i'm not sure my feelings about stryke are rational enough to convince you guys the same, but i just don't feel right about it. for one thing, i don't really feel that bad about chem... i definitely see where you're coming from, keldeo, and think there might be something to it, but it just doesn't hit me in quite the same way as stryke does, and all things considered i'd rather have him on the team than stryke.

i feel a bit unsure saying that now, because reading back over these posts, i can for sure see a panini/chem world, and i'm not really sold on chem's innocence so i don't want to really push that too hard and have it blow up in my face. but.

i guess mainly it's that my previous experience with this game is that when people are saying stuff like "i don't know what's going on, just do what i say and i'll do it," it's often not coming from a good place. it could be any number of things, really; maybe he's communicating to his partner that they should post a suggestion, or maybe he's just looking for someone to suggest a team that contains another spy so he can cling to it and then push the blame back on whoever suggested it when it bombs. idk. it COULD be ok too, but... overall i get bad feelings in a way that isn't fully rational, and this contributes.

another thing is that stryke seemed okay with not placing himself on the team, which, like... i guess he could have misunderstood that, but something about "well people think i'm scum so i guess i'd better not put myself on it" seems weirdly weak in a way that actually indicates scumminess to me? this isn't mafia where his team selection is super important and if he places a vote we all disagree with then it's fucked... like, we can just. reject it and have someone else pick. (which might not be a bad idea btw?) i'm not really sure what to make of it...

i guess honestly if i followed all these thoughts to their logical conclusion, i'd arrive at a scum team that DOESN'T include panini, since a lot of these things i'm getting weird vibes from stryke about sort of predicate on a spy being in the suggested team, and if i think stryke is one too then that disqualifies panini. but idk. again, i'm not really married to this, i just get weird feelings. and i feel that we're ahead and if chem ends up flipping spy then... well, then chem's a spy and we know, and if he doesn't, then great! just more comfortable with a chem/me/keldeo/bfree team atm personally. not sure i'd reject a stryke one though.

btw this is extremely stream of consciousness and i didn't proofread it, so sorry if anything is weird or misspelled or doesn't make sense

Team Proposal Phase 3-1 has ended. Mission Phase 3 begins now, and will end at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5) on Friday, January 3rd.

Mission Leader Stryke's proposed team for Mission 3 is Stryke, Butterfree, qva and Keldeo.

All players, please send me a PM containing either "Accept" or "Reject" by the phase deadline.

Stryke, Butterfree, qva and Keldeo, also include either "Succeed" or "Fail" in your PMs to me.

Mission 3, Circhester - Proposal 1 (Stryke, Butterfree, qva, Keldeo):
Accept: Keldeo, Butterfree, Stryke
Reject: qva, Panini, Chemist1422

As the votes are tied, Proposal 1 is rejected.​

Team Proposal Phase 3-2 begins now, and will end at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5) on Tuesday, January 7th.

Mission 3 requires four team members to proceed. The current Mission Leader, qva, must provide a final list of four player names by the phase deadline.

(Hope everyone's new year is going well so far!)

alright so

I rejected because I knew the mission had to have at least one Team Yell member and thinking about Keldeo’s meta I think it had two

Oh? As in, you think Keldeo's acting mafia? What's pinging you about his behaviour here?

Butterfree, what is your feeling about Stryke? / why'd you vote to accept?

alright so

I rejected because I knew the mission had to have at least one Team Yell member and thinking about Keldeo’s meta I think it had two

Who do you think is my partner then, Chem?

And... I've never played Resistance before? What kind of meta do you have?

I am a bit busy this phase, I'll be back later.

dang i didn’t think it would actually get rejected

tentative team is me, keldeo, bfree, chem

Still don't really know between Stryke and Chem. I guess my previous reasoning for both is kind of tenuous, hmmm.

The previous team going through would've been good for info - even if Stryke is a spy and failed, that'd confirm Chem as resistance, and Stryke would be ~my top suspect then. I think it's also the best team that can go through with Stryke as the mission leader who'll always send himself. I probably should have made that more clear.

I'd be fine with that team given the mission 2 results, qva, but even if Chem is resistance, if he thinks I'm a spy he'll probably vote against it, and so will Stryke/Panini so the proposal won't be accepted again...

Chem, if you're resistance we need to find each other... Why are you suspecting me?

i guess honestly if i followed all these thoughts to their logical conclusion, i'd arrive at a scum team that DOESN'T include panini, since a lot of these things i'm getting weird vibes from stryke about sort of predicate on a spy being in the suggested team, and if i think stryke is one too then that disqualifies panini. but idk. again, i'm not really married to this, i just get weird feelings. and i feel that we're ahead and if chem ends up flipping spy then... well, then chem's a spy and we know, and if he doesn't, then great! just more comfortable with a chem/me/keldeo/bfree team atm personally. not sure i'd reject a stryke one though.

Qva could you recapitulate what you meant by this if you have a sec? I thought the top of this paragraph was musing the idea that me and stryke were not w/w but I don't really follow your reasoning given your vote and your actions have been speaking to the opposite world.

Butterfree, what is your feeling about Stryke? / why'd you vote to accept?

Who do you think is my partner then, Chem?

And... I've never played Resistance before? What kind of meta do you have?

I am a bit busy this phase, I'll be back later.

Mafia meta ofc

It’s probably either BFree or Qva, kinda leaning the former for no real reason

Okay, so how does my scum meta from mafia apply to what I’ve done this game? Top posting and giving reads on everyone are not really things I do as mafia.

Why would I ask for my partner to be sent on a mission along with me, when a double fail would cause me to be outed?

Oh wait, and Butterfree specifically asked you about what's pinging you, which should be fairly easy to answer if this is a genuine thought?

Team Proposal Phase 3-2 has ended. Mission Phase 3 begins now, and will end at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5) on Sunday, January 12th.

Mission Leader qva's proposed team for Mission 3 is Chemist1422, Butterfree, qva and Keldeo.

All players, please send me a PM containing either "Accept" or "Reject" by the phase deadline.

Chemist1422, Butterfree, qva and Keldeo, also include either "Succeed" or "Fail" in your PMs to me.

Mission 3, Circhester - Proposal 2 (Chemist1422, Butterfree, qva, Keldeo):
Accept: Keldeo, qva, Chemist1422
Reject: Butterfree, Stryke, Panini

As the votes are tied, Proposal 2 is rejected.​

Team Proposal Phase 3-3 begins now, and will end at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5) on Friday, January 17th.

Mission 3 requires four team members to proceed. The current Mission Leader, Panini, must provide a final list of four player names by the phase deadline.

--

Also, as a general note since I forgot to clarify this in the initial rules (I've also edited this in there): Should we ever need to proceed with a voting phase and not all votes are in, the proposal vote will be counted as though the missing player(s) are not present (so, for example, if three players vote reject, two vote accept and one does not vote, the team will be rejected). Missing mission votes will be automatically assumed to be "succeed" for Resistance players and "fail" for Spy players. lmk if there are any questions/concerns about that!

Hmm, no result doesn't really change much.

Why did you vote to accept, Chem, and why did you vote to reject, Butterfree?

I know why I voted to accept despite kind of scumreading Chem, but it's probably a weird reason.

I know why I voted to accept despite kind of scumreading Chem, but it's probably a weird reason.

because I’m not gonna hold the game hostage until I get what I want if I don’t know what I want

Oh?

I rejected because my money was fairly firmly on Panini/Chemist as the scumteam. Stryke's flailing just feels probably genuine to me, and Chemist's posts in-game yesterday didn't really help, as they were just kind of vague and obtuse and not answering questions. I would really rather send Stryke than Chemist, if it's at all possible to get a consensus on that team. (But if not, I accept I could be wrong. I'm not going to, like, keep us in a stalemate forever.)

i like... don't really want to put stryke on a team because i voted against the only setup i'd agree to with stryke on it and it feels really weird to just go "ok fine" on it

Qva could you recapitulate what you meant by this if you have a sec? I thought the top of this paragraph was musing the idea that me and stryke were not w/w but I don't really follow your reasoning given your vote and your actions have been speaking to the opposite world.
mostly i'm far more sure of you being a wolf than anything else, so that's been the main thread driving my decisions. my main reason for saying that you and stryke teaming is unlikely was that if you were, stryke wouldn't be ok with a team without either of you in it, but. i don't know tbh. it's kind of like, you and stryke are my scummiest reads individually, but i don't think it's actually likely the two of you are a team, but i don't feel all that bad about chem (and at any rate wasn't going to suggest the exact same team i'd just voted against), so it's like. i'm feeling pretty dissonant hahaha

anyway despite all that i. guess i could go for me/bfree/keldeo/stryke. uneasy about it but worst case is i become reasonably certain that stryke is indeed scum so eh w/e might as well go for it i guess?

oh wait panini and chem pick next fuuuuuuuck

i feel like we're going to have to, like, reject the next two proposals and just go with whatever keldeo says (because if we reject keldeo too we lose), because i'm going to want to reject panini/chem's teams out of principle fffffff

Back
Top Bottom