The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Video Games > 3D Console Games

Notices

View Poll Results: Well?
I totally want a new one! 37 53.62%
I guess I do. 15 21.74%
I don't want a sequel. 2 2.90%
Hell no. Orre sucked! 0 0%
I'm neutral. 3 4.35%
Ponies and unicorns! 12 17.39%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2009, 12:55 AM
That annoying fat lugia fanboy

Pronoun: Asswipe
EddyOkapi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should Pokemon Revisit Orre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
Spliced shadow mons = NO. It would take too much effort to do such.
More effort than additionnal endings? XD Of course, by spliced shadow pokemon, I only meant that the shadow pokemon would be more than just having this purple aura, once it's purified, the body horror goes away. :I

Although I am all for actual wild pokemons instead of the pokéspots stuff. It was quite irritating when you forgot some pokésnacks in a spot and got told there's a wild pokemon waiting while you're busy doing something else like, you know, the non-stop Mt. Battle challenge. :c

Probably fishing too. Fishing's fun for getting pokes.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:12 AM
The one and only.

Pronoun: He
Alxprit is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Alxprit

What if you played as a person who was trying to rebuild Cipher? Maybe cycle between him and a protagonist, and near the end of the game choose who you want to be. It might be hard to do convincingly, but if handled well it could be a very nice new feature, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saved By The Bell
Screech: I'm drowning and nobody cares!
Old 10-10-2009, 12:17 AM
「にがいのは いやだ」って…

Pronoun: they
surskitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to surskitty Send a message via MSN to surskitty Send a message via Yahoo to surskitty Send a message via Skype™ to surskitty

I don't think anything more morally grey than the Colosseum protagonist is going to pop up anytime soon. Not outside of Pokemon Special.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Among the few morons with straight A's.

Pronoun: Female
Eeveelution is an unknown quantity at this point

They were awesome, and I loved them. Actually, I probably have some fan fiction based off of a new one somewhere. A few years ago there was work on a fan version, though it didn't get very far ahead of the planning. However, we did come up with a great title: Rise of Shadows. Anyways, for a long time, I've had my own idea for a plot that's pretty dark:

Cipher has successfully taken over Orre, and the hero, now 15 or so, was only two when it happened. The land is pretty dark, with several Shadow Pokémon now running in the wild. The hero works for ONBS, and one day while returning from a delivery a bunch of people are gathered by the chasm that used to be the Under. They say they heard some weird voices down there, and he decides to go down and investigate with his Lvl. 10 Pokémon. (No idea what it should be yet, though not Eevee.) He uses a harness to climb down the way they do in rock climbing, and finds a ghostly girl and an Eevee. The girl explains that during the first Shadow Incident, she was a member of the Kids Grid, though worked more directly than they did. When Wes and Rui when they used a Time Flute at the Ancient Relic to purify the final Shadow Pokémon, some rogue members of Cipher who had followed them attacked Celebi, and in its panic it sent everyone to some other time. She had been in the cave when it happened, and instead of being sent to another time, she'd been changed into a ghost-like girl. After that she went to the Under and fell into a coma-like state, but had recently woke up to find everything had changed. Her Eevee had been in its Poké Ball when it had happened, and while it isn't ghostly, it hasn't aged a day and can't evolve anymore. She convinces him to help take down Cipher, and they form a resistance with some of her friends, now in their 30's, and a little boy who is wanted by Cipher for some unknown reason. They decide the hero will be the main battler because he can naturally see Shadow Pokémon, and he is given a disguise so Cipher won't know who he is. Throughout the game, they recruit new members to help, and try to figure out a way to fix the girl and purify Pokémon, since Cipher has successfully captured Celebi and plan to make it a Shadow Pokémon. In the end, Celebi is made into a Shadow Pokémon in Agate, but the little boy and the ghostly girl's Eevee appear, and reveal that a future Celebi had chosen them to save it by giving them special abilities that would help them purify it. However, to do this, they must both sacrifice themselves and large number of people. The citizens of Agate and several of the resistance members had agreed to sacrifice themselves years ago, and everyone in the town with a special marking dies. Celebi is purified and Cipher is disbanded, but at the cost of several lives, including several allies. In an epilogue the ghostly girl is shown to have been restored to normal by Celebi, and she explains that she was originally going to be among the sacrifices, but because she had been ghostly at the time, she wasn't. She is sad that she no longer has her Eevee to keep her company, and that her friends all sacrificed themselves, but is glad it's over.

...Yet another idea that would make a good fan fic. All of my posts seem to inspire one lately.

Anyways, there are programmers on here, right? Well, if you really want one with a darker plot, maybe if enough people volunteer, we could make our own 2-D version. We'd need programmers, spriters, people to write the script, music composers, and a lot of other stuff, but maybe we could make it work. I participated in a GSC remake project a couple years ago that went pretty far. I think the problem was that there weren't enough programmers to make it. There are good programmers on here, though, and definitely enough spriters, so maybe we could actually make it. Of course, just an idea, and I doubt many of you will take it seriously. Most of my ideas are like that.

Sig and avatar by me.
[Kimono Girl Kristen on AXA]
Random Eeveelution Dictionary Words:
Sren: It was made to prove that you can say "s" and "r" together (and it's fun to say!)
Old 04-07-2010, 06:28 PM
IM ON THE ROAD ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITYYYY~

Pronoun: Male
Bombsii is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything with 3-D visual pokemon training sounds good to me. Whether it is in Orre, I don't mind. Just more Collosseum goodness.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Caterpie

Mustardear is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, I want a challenge. I don't know about XD but Colosseum seemed harder and more strategic than the average Pokemon game to me and I thought that was a good idea. More epic music would be nice too.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Gone with the wind, perhaps to a happier place.

Togetic is an unknown quantity at this point

Orre was among my favourite regions.

Especially Pyrite Town. So yes, definitely.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Egg

Pronoun: Call me 'It'
TealJolteon is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, XD was probably my second favorite Pokemon game, sometimes I think it was my favorite, and a lot of the reason was the region. I sort of wish there were actually routes in the game, but not exactly ones connecting the cities. I really liked the feel the game had though, so I hope that gets revisited somehow.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 AM
^ pretty amazing

brandman is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not have elements with XD in Black and White? Black, being the moralisticly darker protagonist and white the opposite. AWESOME!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:20 PM
future Singaporean

Pronoun: he
Ether's Bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Ether's Bane

Why not? As a non-GC owner, this would be quite cool.

Last.fm

Quote:
UU: oh bloody hell.
UU: THIS was yoUr "enchantment?"
UU: are yoU serioUs???????????
UU: UUUUUUUUUUUgh. this is yoUr shittiest twist yet!
uu: WELL PLAYED "SIS!"
uu: YOu CHECKMATED MY QuEEN!
uu: AAH! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA!
uu: THIS IS SO FuCKING FuNNY.
UU: i am jUst astonished.
UU: not at the gUile of yoUr little ploy, bUt by the fact that yoU actUally seem to think this was a clever rUse.
UU: it is jUst so painfUlly daft, i...
UU: i am speechless!
uu: NEVER SAW SOMEONE SPEECHLESS. WHO HAD SO MuCH TO TYPE.
uu: I THOuGHT YOu OF ALL PEOPLE WOuLD APPRECIATE MY MODIFICATIONS.
uu: THE CROWNS ARE REALLY NICE AND WELL CRAFTED.
uu: FORM FITTING. HARDLY ADDING ANY HEIGHT.
uu: LIKE CAPPING.
uu: A TOOTH.
uu: YOu WERE COMPLETELY FOOLED.
uu: AND NOW THE COVETED PRANKSTER'S GAMBIT BETWEEN uS.
uu: BELONGS TO ME.
UU: this is absUrd.
UU: yoU nagged incessantly for me to allow yoU to reverse the starting positions of the king and qUeen!
UU: i only agreed to get yoU to shUt Up aboUt it, and regardless, i knew i coUld beat yoU anyway even with yoUr initial "advantage." and i was right!
UU: how can yoU claim this as a legitimate strategy?
UU: yoU broke the rUles!
uu: HEY! I DIDN'T BREAK ANY RuLES.
uu: I MERELY ASKED IF YOu WOuLD AGREE. TO ME SWAPPING THE START POSITIONS OF THE KING AND QuEEN.
uu: AND YOu DID AGREE.
uu: BuT THEN I DIDN'T ACTuALLY DO IT.
uu: WHEN DID I SAY I WOuLD? NEVER.
uu: I WAS ONLY GAuGING YOuR WILLINGNESS TO MAKE THE EXCEPTION.
uu: I THEN WENT ABOuT DECORATING MY KING AND QuEEN WITH NICE LITTLE HATS.
uu: WHICH IS *ALSO* NOT AGAINST THE RuLES.
uu: YOu DO IT ALL THE FuCKING TIME. GIVE YOuR GAME PIECES HORNS AND SHIT.
uu: YOu EVEN GIVE THEM NAMES AND BLOOD CASTES. YuCK.
uu: SO IF YOu HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY DECORATIONS. I SAY POT. ALLOW ME TO INTRODuCE YOU TO THE FuCKING KETTLE.

Lemmy Kilmister
1945-2015
R.I.P.

\m/
Old 04-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Willst du?

Pronoun: he
Chopsuey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet View Post
Ponies and unicorns!
er, I've never played those games so I have no opinion. vov
This. D: But I really loved the sound of the game.

...but to be honest I don't own a GC. >_> (I could buy it and play it on my Wii but meh.)

Old 05-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Would you like to make a contract?

Storm, Earth, and Fire is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via AIM to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via MSN to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via Skype™ to Storm, Earth, and Fire

I think it'd be tight. I liked the atmosphere of Colosseum and XD. Orre is a cool region overall.

Some changes... Well, they should work to make the game less linear. Some form of wild Pokemon would be good, and the Poke Spots were a good start. However, I think some cordoned off areas in-game where you can pay a bit or something to run into a (small) selection of wild Pokemon in the grass might be good. I.e., the Safari Zone.

Alternate endings where everything goes wrong just aren't Nintendo's style. But I think a few different ways to end wouldn't be bad.

Another way they might shake things up a little is somewhat randomizing the selection of shadow Pokemon the enemies use. Not a big pool or anything, just 3 or 4 different species.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Fire emblem is great

Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird

All for it. If there's any way I may be able to help with the 2-D thing Eeveelution was talking about, than I will try..

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[20:47:57] +Superbird: quick someone what's the integral of tan(x)
[20:48:07] +Tomsta17: 857
[20:48:08] @dingram: -lncosx
[20:48:12] +Superbird: wrong
[20:48:16] +Superbird: -lncosx + c
Superbird was muted by dingram for 7 minutes.
[20:48:20] +Tomsta17: ya
[20:48:23] +Squidero: rekt imo
Superbird was unmuted by dingram.
[20:48:28] +Squidero: unrekt imo
[20:48:28] +Destinylife: Aww
[20:48:32] +Superbird: lol
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 PM
I want the ULTIMATE sausage sandwich.

Lord Shyguy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd love it. They has something good with it, it's just that the way they put it out was a bit...rough.

From Notoriously Unknown.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 PM
if the nineth lion ate the sun.

Pronoun: she
Tailsy is on a distinguished road

Orre was awesome. I'd love to see another game based around it!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Tragically unbeyachted.

Pronoun: She
Dannichu is an unknown quantity at this point

I really liked Orre, and I'd like to see it again, but only if it was done right.

But I want you to know, the energy it took to resist selecting "I'm neutral" and making a Switzerland joke was immense.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Pronoun: she
Adriane is an unknown quantity at this point

Phenac and Agate were gorgeous, want more of it. CoXD were meh games outside the battling but the music <333
Old 07-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Opinions always subject to change.

Loffyglu is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man, I adored Colo/XD, and I still do; you bet I'd be willing to see another sequel, especially with the way the ending of XD was just sort of begging for a sequel in my opinion (Folly's growing uncertainty about living a life of crime, for one, and Ardos storming off after Greevil's defeated and that cute little sappy scene took place).
“If you think of someone's good qualities as the umeboshi in an onigiri, it's as if their qualities are stuck to their back! People around the world are like onigiri. Everyone has an umeboshi with a different shape and color and flavor. But because it's stuck on their back, they might not be able to see their umeboshi.”
— Tohru Honda, Fruits Basket

I want everyone who reads this to remember; you're loved. I don't care who you are; there's someone out there who loves you, someone who truly cares for you, someone who believes in you. Because, no matter who you are, you're special. Remember that. ♥

Old 07-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Aisling is an unknown quantity at this point

I lost interest in XD pretty quickly for a reason I don't remember. I loved Colo bigtime, though. I'd like to see another game in Orre, but at the same time I don't play consoles much anymore because I don't have my own room to play them in anymore... and if it were on a handheld it wouldn't be as pretty as I liked Colo for. So I dunno.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Everyone call me elf monster.

Noctowl is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet View Post
Ponies and unicorns!
er, I've never played those games so I have no opinion. vov
Me too, though I have been watching some videos and both games look quite neat. D= I want to play a game like that!
And stay the night, turn out every light you see
And lay them down, buried in the ground for me."

Last fm~Neopets~GPXplus~Steam ID