• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Novoni's Fakemon

Novoni

I'm very sporadic in my posts, I know, and schoolwork has been doing anything but helping that, haha. But I thought I'd post a couple of my sprites here, see if there were any critiques or something. So, just take a little look and enjoy!

First off, here's my mostly-full fakedex that's crazy big so I'm just putting the link: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4747/zeralisdex1rz5.png (my friend Trainer X put the gradient on it, isn't it pretty)

And here are a couple random favorites of mine:

GryphonicBlackCuffs.gif

Griffonic

Doomsay2.gif

Doomsay

Cresselia.gif

Cressy! (Not a Fakemon, obviously. But one of my favorites, hehe)

Paradisea and Floquilia revamped:
FloquilaNew1.gif
ParadiseaNew1.gif

HuskiiNew1.gif

Huskii

Leoracle1.gif

Leoracle

I have a couple that are sort of half-way finished, if I finish them soon I'll post those up, too, or if I find anything else I think is worthwhile. Again, thanks for looking ^_^

Meep, Huskii is cute ^.^ But the legs are big in porportion(Spelling!) to the body!

nice to see you, Novoni.

excellent as usual. only bit of crit i can offer now is maybe adding a little more black to the outlines of Cresselia's crescents, where it's only the darker shade.

Wow, I love Huskii! However, Luminost, Brizaur, Bizzap, Teagle, Talonite, Jestaunt, Tyrook, Morterror, and Psibian look like Digimon to me for some reason. There's also a few that look too realistic for Pokemon.

You're very good at scratching. Scary good. My favorite seems to be your Leoracle. Maybe because he looks so much like a Chinese lion.

Looking at your dex, a couple of your fakemon look like they were scratched just to see if you could scratch a living creature [i.e. Frostlie, Menipenny, Canarosa, etcetc you should know] sorta like what Eeveelution said. But in all cases, your scratching is excellent.

Hey Novoni. =D Always a good spriter I see.

Out of your dex, my personal favorites are, lessee... Totower, Rabbalanche, Extraterrestre, Ferazon, and Pikablu. x3 Those are all solid concepts and nice sprites. If I were to critique something about your dex, though... oh, you probably don't get this a log: your dex is too "mainstream." Y'know, it's got all those "stock lines"-- Birds, bugs, legendary trios, version legendaries. It's so... predictable. :/ You could try starting something new and lean away from the norm; maybe make a legendary quartet instead? Or have no legendaries at all? Or have six starters? Your dex is pretty finalized right now, I can see, but... I dunno, I guess I'm just tired of seeing the same old stuff time and time again. :/

Your sprites are still excellent though. x3 Of the other stuff you posted, Doomsay and Floquila strike me as particularly good.

Thanks guys! Good to see you all here, too!

Certain designs have been a problem for me in the past, such as the looking mostly like normal animals (and for Frostlie I mostly just wanted to make a Pokemon that looked like my dog XD) I am also a fan of the Pokemon with somewhat simpler designs and the basic setup of mostly the first and second generations rather than the newer ones, but I will try to think of some new twists and stuff whenever I have time to sprite a bunch again (which... might not happen for a while, heh)

Back
Top Bottom