• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Concours Region! Spriting Contest

brandman

^ pretty amazing
This is the Concours Region! A contest region! How does that work? What is it? I'll tell you!

A contest region is basically a spriting contest that goes through a whole pokedex with contestants trying to win with their submission to get a nice trophy to put in their siggy.

Rules:

*must be 80px by 80px
*you can only use minor details from other sprites, they must be mostly scratched
*submissions must be made just for this
*you can vote for other people but not yourself
*no swearing at others creations

This contest is:

3 evolution chain
a grass type
a starter
the last to evolutions must be flying type (this should be interesting)
in other words, imagine the the stages of life for a bird and then convert it to grass and add the finishing pokemon touches!

The winner will get a trophy AND get his/her creation in a support button!

Well, what are you doing still reading?!?!? Get spriting!

Contestants:

Kam
Aerodactyl

Last edited:
A region made from contests sounds fun, however, is there a general theme tying the region together? Are there certain ideas for Pokemon we can and can't use? You should really be more specific.
That said, I'd like to enter if you're still working with this contest.

K guys you really wanna compete? Okay! The contest is reopened! You guys are right though cuz if I did I don't know where to start! Just say you guys wanna join (another post) and I'll add you guys.

Last edited:
Entered.

Here are the sprites. Instead of I bird, I decided to do a dragon like one. (Kinda like Sceptile...)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have a question; you've called this a region contest. Does that mean that you're going to use all of the winning sprites in a game or something? You haven't mentioned anything, so I'll assume that the winning sprites won't go anywhere but here, but I want to make sure.

Also, I think you mean that it must be "80px by 80px", not just 80px. =P

I have a question; you've called this a region contest. Does that mean that you're going to use all of the winning sprites in a game or something? You haven't mentioned anything, so I'll assume that the winning sprites won't go anywhere but here, but I want to make sure.

Nah. I thought about it seeing Pokemon Uranium (btw what happened to that on the Tcod), but 1... well lemme just make some pointers:

*1: I don't even have an RPG Maker VX
*2: Even if I did I don't know how to program it with all the pokemon features like actually using Pokemon to battle (i'm not a good scripter)
*3: The RPG Maker is pricy ($60) and I just don't have the money for it currently
*4: I'm one person and I don't have anyone helping me with it (I don't know anyone personally that would help me; know even what a sprite is)

Trust me, I've looked into it and everything but too many ends fall short. For point number 4, I tried telling and teaching people about sprites and all sorts of things but I guess it all comes through one ear and out the other if you know what I mean.

Also, I think you mean that it must be "80px by 80px", not just 80px. =P

Oh, sorry! Forgot about that! =-p

Oh, I've seen this before. Though you can only post it on their site, and I don't really like being held back to the internet showing the game to people. The RPG Maker seems like a better deal to me

What about AdvanceMap I'm really not totally sure, but I think it's rom-hack tool designed specifically for FR/LG or R/S/E.

Oh, I've seen this before. Though you can only post it on their site, and I don't really like being held back to the internet showing the game to people. The RPG Maker seems like a better deal to me

You can save games as .exe in Game Maker, so I see no problem there.

I'm probably going to make a grass flying squirrel...

Back
Top Bottom