• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Fluttershy said:
[The] two most frivolous ponies in Ponyville are trying to tell new Fluttershy how to live her life when they are throwing their own lives away on pointless pursuits that nopony else gives a flying feather about!

Lost my shit there.

Great, great episode.

MAYBES

ARE FOR BABIES

Great episode. I love this Fluttershy episode. Also, Derpy appeared in the audience at Iron Will's presentation, and she had her regular Derpy eyes again! :D

Well this episode wasn't quite as unpredictable as I hoped, but it's still fun watching Twilight's OCD-ness come up.

More importantly though,
Cerberus is guarding Tartarus. Where apparently all the evil beings are being held. Which means that Hell is now canon.

I really liked today's episode. Not my overall favourite, but it's up there. Some really funny moments, like Pinkie Pie questioning where the plant pot that fell on Twilight's head came from.

And speaking of time-travelling ponies, this arrived yesterday. It's a tad big (wish I'd got it in small rather than medium now) but still! Fun fun.

Fluttershy making Cerberus act like a puppy and Fortune-Teller!Pinkie Pie were just great

I only saw the second 15 minutes, (Believe it or not, I was watching Yu-Gi-Oh) but I enjoyed it. It's always funny when Twilight freaks herself out.

In today's episode Spike discovers he's an otherkin.

ALSO WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST GO TO THE PRINCESS? I mean she had to have gotten his egg somewhere. They could've just had her be like "nope, just kinda... found him" and then gone on with the episode!

Also Fluttershy saying no ♥

And... second-hand embarrassment everywhere.

I was under the impression that the letter that Spike burped up had something to do with Celestia's answer to where he came from. Obviously there's no way to know for sure since it got incinerated by that one dragon, but it seems like a fair possibility.

But Crackle is definitely best dragon.

I was under the impression that the letter that Spike burped up had something to do with Celestia's answer to where he came from. Obviously there's no way to know for sure since it got incinerated by that one dragon, but it seems like a fair possibility.

I was thinking exactly the same.

Now, for a brief jaunt off-topic.

How do you rank each of the episode writers?

My rankings:

1. M.A. Larson (Best: Cutie Mark Chronicles)
2. Amy Keating Rogers (Best: The Last Roundup)
3. Cindy Morrow (Best: Griffon the Brush-off)
4. Merriwether Williams (Best: Putting Your Hoof Down)
5. Meghan McCarthy (Best: Lesson Zero)
6. Charlotte Fullerton (Best: Suited for Success)

I didn't include Faust, Polsky, or Savino because they've written too few episodes to judge them overall, in my opinion.

That espisode was really good, like perfect in every way, except I didn't enjoy it much because I had second-hand embarrassment through the whole thing. :( Watching the CMC being jerks is harder than it should be. On some level I don't want them to have to learn about being nice; I just want them to already be perfect angels and keep learning about not being impatient and other things that don't involve them hurting other ponies. But that's my problem, not the episode's.

The last episode was mostly great too, except the writing felt really awkward and contrived. Like that one line, something like "I'm sorry Rainbow I just don't have the courage right now!", was totally melodramatic and not believable at all; it sounded like "oh it's fine I already know that I'll be a-okay after a little encouragement from my animal pals." And it wasn't just that line! The whole thing came across that way to me, like the ponies were putting on another play like in Hearth's Warming Eve and we just didn't see it framed as a play this time.

But the idea was great, and a lot of the gags were great, and the new background ponies looked awesome, and everything. It's just the dialogue needed serious editing imo.

EDIT:
How do you rank each of the episode writers?
I tried, but I can't. I can't even pick a favourite, because every single one of them is all over the map; every single writer has written at least one episode I loved and one I thought wasn't that great. Like honestly I almost said that M.A. Larson was totally rolling out a perfect streak this season, but then I noticed he wrote Secret of My Excess. Whoops.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom