• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia 3

I don't really have any leads as to who are the mafia yet, so I have none.

After a long day of redundancy, the villagers gave their thinkpans a rest for the night. Teresa (Stormecho) was at last laid to rest, peacefully. After a small and quiet ceremony, the villagers headed for bed. Tonight, more blood might be shed. Again. Only time would tell.

Stormecho has died. She was innocent.
The night has begun. Forty-eight hours for night actions.

The sun rises belatedly over the hills once again, and it is reflected back into the air by a crimson puddle of blood. Laying in it is hopeandjoy, brow still furrowed in concentration and eyes gazing at the unforgiving expanse of white above forevermore.

Hopeandjoy has died. She was innocent. 48 hours for discussion.

Well, shit.

The flavor text makes me think hopeandjoy was an inspector, which would be seriously bad. We need all the leads we can get.

VM, who did you role block the past few days?

So, all four nights were MF. Alright then.

Seeing as how it's obvious the mafia's active, I think it's in our best interest to lynch someone. I'd suggest to vote for MF. His bulletproof claim, unless he turns out to be a bulletproof with no limits, doesn't really make sense. If the mafia had attempted to kill him and failed, then they should've tried killing him again, because alien is a really dangerous possibility. The fact that there were two consecutive night of no deaths must mean the mafia targeted him twice due to the alien fear. And since he's still standing, I can only think of two possibilities. One, as I've said, he's a bulletproof with no limits. Two, he's really a mafia member playing a gambit on all of us.

I agree on lynching Metallica Fanboy today.

But it's clear at this point that he's not the Mafia don. People keep dying even as VM roleblocks MF, and we don't have any leads as to who the other Mafia are.

So, all four nights were MF. Alright then.

Seeing as how it's obvious the mafia's active, I think it's in our best interest to lynch someone. I'd suggest to vote for MF. His bulletproof claim, unless he turns out to be a bulletproof with no limits, doesn't really make sense. If the mafia had attempted to kill him and failed, then they should've tried killing him again, because alien is a really dangerous possibility. The fact that there were two consecutive night of no deaths must mean the mafia targeted him twice due to the alien fear. And since he's still standing, I can only think of two possibilities. One, as I've said, he's a bulletproof with no limits. Two, he's really a mafia member playing a gambit on all of us.
What kind of gambit relies on claiming a role that has already gone entirely useless? It invites policy lynching. And besides, let's not forget that as far back as N0 the mafia had no idea why their attack failed to kill me (which is exactly why I started aggressively implying doctor action instead of claiming), and it could very well have been a doctorial success, in which case continuing to target me when the hypothetical doc was instructed to do the same would have been incredibly wasteful. And hell, we don't even know that attempt against my life blocked by a heal wasn't exactly what happened that night. All in all you still have absolutely no more reason to think I'm lying than you had in previous Days.

I'm more worried about Superbird, who has pretty much only posted to cast votes -- and moreover, never explains why he agreed with a given bandwagon, just hops on like a little ol' mafia blending in while trying to direct the discussion in the wrong direction.

What kind of gambit relies on claiming a role that has already gone entirely useless? It invites policy lynching. And besides, let's not forget that as far back as N0 the mafia had no idea why their attack failed to kill me (which is exactly why I started aggressively implying doctor action instead of claiming), and it could very well have been a doctorial success, in which case continuing to target me when the hypothetical doc was instructed to do the same would have been incredibly wasteful. And hell, we don't even know that attempt against my life blocked by a heal wasn't exactly what happened that night. All in all you still have absolutely no more reason to think I'm lying than you had in previous Days.

I'm more worried about Superbird, who has pretty much only posted to cast votes -- and moreover, never explains why he agreed with a given bandwagon, just hops on like a little ol' mafia blending in while trying to direct the discussion in the wrong direction.

Such a gambit that needs other mafia members to cooperate on so as to make both or three of you to seem innocent.

Didn't you yourself say you were targeted, losing that bulletproof advantage? That implies he mafia targeted you and succeeded, meaning the doctor didn't try to heal you. If a doctor were to protect you the first night, resulting in no deaths, why wouldn't they protect you again?

As for your vote, correct me if I'm wrong, but half the players have only posted for the bandwagon.

Such a gambit that needs other mafia members to cooperate on so as to make both or three of you to seem innocent.

Didn't you yourself say you were targeted, losing that bulletproof advantage? That implies he mafia targeted you and succeeded, meaning the doctor didn't try to heal you. If a doctor were to protect you the first night, resulting in no deaths, why wouldn't they protect you again?

As for your vote, correct me if I'm wrong, but half the players have only posted for the bandwagon.
If I were trying to fake-make a bulletproof claim for myself, why would I have the don miss two nights of kills, instead of one? Missing two nights of kills instead of one would be entirely disadvantageous.

Yes, I was, but more to the point, the mafia did not know that. And if there actually was a doctor involved into the no-kill of N1 (which, keep in mind, is not the same thing as the mafia thinking there was a doctor involved in the no-kill of N0), then it would have made as much sense for them to change targets from N0 to N1 as it would've for the mafia. If just one of them changed targets from N0 to N1, this could have caused the no-death.

You know "blending in"? And in case you're wondering, I don't trust anyone who's only posted to bandwagon, although it is of course impossible for all of them to be mafia (while very possible, if not inevitable, for some to be).

I have to say I've been thinking the same thing as well. Yes, Superbird sounds like a good choice.

I didn't want to have to, but I guess I have no choice but to play the Inspector card.

N0: Stormecho is innocent.
N1: forgot to send in action.
N2: Metallica Fanboy is mafia
N3: Visitor Message is innocent.

Earlier in the game, on day two, Metallica Fanboy claimed bulletproof, and after I got my inspection results the following night it occurred to me that if he were Alien, bulletproof would be a convenient claim to make in order to deter the Mafia from targeting him again. Thus is an explanation for my actions. I stand by my vote, because at this point I'm a little bit past thinking MF is alien, so probably just Mafia. (I think we can probably rule out bulletproof Miller).

Isn't it convenient how the only one of your results that isn't at least semi-obvious is the one that would save your ass?

Never has a more believable roleclaim been cast, folks.

If you were inspector, why wouldn't you mention that MF was mafia immediately afterwards on the next day? Alien suspicion or not, it's still make no sense not to reveal it when the inspector was specifically asked to.

If you were inspector, why wouldn't you mention that MF was mafia immediately afterwards on the next day? Alien suspicion or not, it's still make no sense not to reveal it when the inspector was specifically asked to.

I wanted to see if I could get another result before having to reveal myself and force the doctor somehow.

How would you force the doctor? I'm pretty sure they'd be more than happy to heal you as long as you kept getting inspections. They wouldn't even have to reveal themselves for that.

I really think that's just a fake claim, Superbird. The flavor text (and while I'm reeeally hesitant to go by that seeing as how in some games it's completely useless, if anything) indicates that hopeandjoy was the inspector. You must've noticed it too, claiming the only role you were confident was already dead. It explains why you wouldn't give your "inspection" until now.

Back
Top Bottom