• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pre-Pokeball Shiny

On that same cartridge I found a shiny Whismur while looking for a Whismur for my in-game team and managed to catch that too.

haha same happened here :D ... sort of. My in-game team plan included Fearow, and I was training a Fearow I had caught earlier when I ran across a shiny Spearow, which promptly became a team member and is now my highest-level Pokémon in FireRed.

I've seen shiny espeon and beautifly in the battle something in emerald.

it was also the first shiny I met myself except for a Golbat in Emerald

My first shiny as well.

I can get either incredibly lucky or incredibly unlucky when it comes to shinies.

Lucky: On my Diamond, I was heading to Stark Mountain when I saw a shiny Fearow. Of course I caught it. The very next Pokemon I came across was a shiny Graveler (this was unbelievable). Not only that, but the Heatran I caught was also shiny.

Unlucky: I was playing my brother's Gold game when I came across a shiny Tentacool. I didn't know what shinies were at the time, and since my brother already caught a Tentacool, I ran away. Yes, I ran away from a shiny Pokemon. When I could've caught it.
Also, in my FireRed, I chose Charmander as my starter, not even looking at the other starters. I love Charizard. My rival then chose Squirtle and challenged me to a battle. The Squirtle was shiny. Must I tell you how pissed I was? And as if to mock me, the first wild Pokemon I encountered was a shiny Rattata. Yes, before I had Pokeballs.

Unlucky: I was playing my brother's Gold game when I came across a shiny Tentacool. I didn't know what shinies were at the time, and since my brother already caught a Tentacool, I ran away. Yes, I ran away from a shiny Pokemon. When I could've caught it.

in gold? not possible.

Araragi-hakase has her very own shiny minezumi as of two weeks ago. :( I never thought I'd see a shiny in a post-genII game. And then I found a shiny shibishirasu that I caught. Pity that one's hard as fuck to tell....

why did they get rid of the auto block for shinies?

My first shiny was a Poochyena at Lv. 2 or something that I found while looking for Latias in my Emerald.

Needless to say, I caught it and evolved it into a Mightyena and made about 20 clones of it to give to all my friends xD

One of my friend's had the Poochyena that chases Birch as a shiny before, I remember both of us just gaping at the screen in outrage. :'D

Probably the first shiny I ever encountered on any game (not including the obligatory shiny gyarados) was a rattata, on silver, before pokeballs became obtainable. I have had a small amount of shiny encounters since. Shiny spinda (gone now, game cube memory card was loaned to a friend and they corrupted it and had to reformat it, over 200 pokemon were lost), then shiny something else I can't remember nor remember what ever happened to it, then shiny seviper on emerald that I moved over to soul silver, and a shiny gastly on fire red that I trained up to a gengar and decided I'm keeping on there.

On a Crystal game, I once ran into a shiny Pidgey immediately *after* getting Pokeballs for the first time, but never before. I've run into a shiny Paras on Gold in Ilex Forest when I didn't have any Pokeballs because I'd used them all, though, and I've caught a shiny Wingull in a Master Ball on Sapphire because it was the only ball I had.

Despite having a collective of like 1000 hours on various Gen IV games, I've never seen a shiny on any of them ):

Beginning of my third playthrough of LeafGreen, I was on my way to Viridian City to get the package and return it to Professor Oak when I ran into a brown (shiny, obviously) Rattata. I stared for a few seconds, then proceeded to fight it. Buzz Lightyear pretty much summed up how I felt running into a Shiny before I had Pokéballs, "You're mocking me, aren't you?".

...OH, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. THAT IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING.

On my new save of Crystal, the first Pokémon I saw was a Sentret. A shiny one.
Long before I even was allowed to buy Pokéballs.
It just stood there all sparkly and shiny and grey(well, it used to be grey), trolling me with its shinyness that I couldn't get.
-_-

also, on the earlier save, I met a shiny Zubat once when I had no Pokéballs left but I guess that doesn't really count.

Haven't any unfortunate no-Pokeball incidents, although once I was painstakingly leveling a Vulpix to a high level before evolving her, and whilst training her in the area I first caught her (for nostalgia's sake, or something) during which my Vulpix was around Lvl 75, another, female, Shiny Vulpix appeared. *rageface*
I caught the other one and had to start all over again. Yes, I think the games are messing with us. Just a little. :/

Back
Top Bottom