• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mist1422 vs Panini

Eifie

oh man, good times.
Pronoun
she/her
Mist1422 vs Panini

Format: 3 v 3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Perish Song, Super Fang, Endeavour, direct healing
Arena Description: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Mist1422's active squad

treecko Dew the male Treecko <Overgrow>
shinx Amp the male Shinx <Intimidate> @ Bright Powder
solosis Jade the female Solosis <Magic Guard> @ Quick Claw
lotad Baton the female Lotad <Swift Swim>

Panini's active squad

fennekin Ceridwen the female Fennekin <Blaze>
taillow Bilius Whipplesnip the male Taillow <Guts>
staryu Kepler the genderless Staryu <Illuminate>
trapinch Oconnell the female Trapinch <Arena Trap>
shinx The Fresh Prince the male Shinx <Intimidate>

Turn order (this was randomized!)
  1. Panini sends out a Pokémon
  2. Mist1422 sends out a Pokémon and posts commands
  3. Panini posts commands

Let me know if you have any questions on how to play! You can look at other battle threads for examples of commands; the most basic form is just move 1 ~ move 2 ~ move 3. You might want to give conditional commands if you're the one commanding first since you don't know what the other person is going to do. Those are like "use move A, but if your opponent is Protecting then use move B instead" and you would write the command string like move A / move B ~ second command ~ third command. I recommend just starting with whatever commands you feel like giving and not worrying too much about strategy; you can try out more complex things later on!

Last edited:
Alrighty!! Let's start out with Ceridwen!

My beloved starter pokemon for the start of a starting battle c;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV3mrRhBsNg

Amp, let's go! Are you excited? I'm really excited!

Charge~Thunder Fang~Quick Attack

Okay, Let's start out with Sunny Day, then follow up with Flame Charge and Flamethrower to close out!

Sunny Day~Flame Charge~Flamethrower

(whoops sorry guys, I was going to do this this weekend but then I decided to do actual irl work instead?? I'll try to get to it within the next couple of days, on Wednesday I'll be on a train for 5 hours so probably then)

Last edited:
I'm sorry I always say I'll do work on the train and then never do work on the train

the next reffing will hopefully be more timely anyway

An eerie howl echoes through the Asber Central Stadium as the doors creak open for the first term in a long while to admit the region's newest fresh-faced youth and their referee. The two trainers exchange an apprehensive look as they take in their surroundings of their first battle: the scattered, yellowing patches of grass where there was once a vibrant field; the mossy tendrils creeping over and across the outdated advertisements for Music Dragon's Stone campaign; the abandoned stands, cracked and rusting from years of disuse. Panini takes a few cautious steps along the edge of the arena and stumbles straight over a Patrat nest. She jumps back, shrieking, as a litter of hairless, chittering baby Patrat scatter from the nest in all directions. Chemist1422 gulps. Is it too late to back out of this...?

Muttering something under her breath about "kids these days", the referee brushes the trainers impatiently aside and heads straight for the computer terminal attached to the wall at the stadium's halfway point. Her Furret follows eagerly at her heels, apparently undeterred by the oppressive atmosphere that seems to hang over the arena, and leaps up onto the keyboard to sweep away a layer of dust an inch thick with her tail. The referee pushes a button on the bottom of the monitor, and it comes off in her hand. She messes with a few of the switches and hits some of the other buttons on the control panel, but the system remains unresponsive. Typical. Well. Hopefully they won't need to... open up the pool, or anything...

Chemist1422 and Panini continue to hang back reluctantly at the stadium's entrance. The referee's Furret bounds back over to them, wrapping around the trainers' ankles in turn, pushing them insistently forward. With a final, terrified glance at each other, the rookie trainers allow themselves to be herded into the arena, taking their places at opposite ends of the dilapidated field. The referee raises her flags, and both throw their Poké Balls. From Panini's emerges Ceridwen the Fennekin, who flattens her ears against her head and kneads the ground anxiously with her paws as she looks around at the ghostly arena in which she's expected to do battle. Across from her, Amp the Shinx bares his teeth and snarls, attempting to look aggressive and fierce, but can't stop his tail from swishing eagerly in excitement.

Round One

Chemist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Ability: Blaze
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

------------------------------​

The wind whispers ominously through the deserted stands and Ceridwen trembles as a chill runs through her fur. Taking a deep breath, she closes her eyes and thinks hard about somewhere she'd rather be than here. Like... Poni Beach. The Fennekin forces herself to concentrate, imagining the feel of the sand between her paws and the warm sun on her fur, and her ears swivel forward, enveloped in a pale orange glow. A ball of fiery sunlight bursts forth from between them, growing rapidly in size as it ascends to hang lazily in the air about a dozen metres off the ground.

Amp, meanwhile, takes no interest in the sudden change in weather. He paws restlessly at the ground and an electrical charge begins to build up in his body, making his fur stand on end. At that moment his opponent's eyes snap back open and she abruptly charges him, flames erupting from her body; but the sunlight glinting off the bag of Bright Powder hanging around Amp's neck disorients her and she veers slightly off-course, giving the Shinx the precious extra second he needs to jump out of the way. Amp doesn't give his opponent any time to recover; he lets out a FEARSOME ROAR (to everyone else it sounds like a pathetic mrrrrOWWWL), electricity crackling around his teeth, and leaps forward, sinking his teeth into Ceridwen's flank. The Fennekin screeches and convulses in pain as all the excess electricity Amp had been storing flows directly into her body. Still Amp refuses to let up. He backs a few steps away and then pushes his paws hard against the ground, form blurring as he propels himself forward with a sudden burst of speed. Ceridwen lets out a sudden whuff of expelled air as the wind is knocked out of her and she tumbles onto her side, rolling a few feet away and coming to a stop by a particularly gnarled patch of weeds.

Gingerly the Fennekin gets back to her feet, testing out her front and hind paws to make sure nothing's broken. Everything seems to be in order, so she's quick to turn her attention to her next task: roasted Simba for breakfast. With a sharp yap Ceridwen spits out a white-hot burst of flames in Amp's direction, and as the attack makes contact the Shinx yelps in agony, dropping to the ground and rolling about frantically to extinguish the blaze. The smell of singed fur fills Ceridwen's nostrils, and she smirks to herself in satisfaction. The Flamethrower leaves angry red welts on Amp's skin, making the Shinx hiss in pain through gritted teeth as he struggles to push himself back upright. His tail lashes furiously as he faces her again, pondering the FEARSOME DESTRUCTION he's going to visit upon her next round...

Chemist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Health: 85%
Energy: 87%
Status: Eager for revenge. Burned (mild, 2% damage/round, 0.75x base power for physical attacks).
Used: Charge ~ Thunder Fang ~ Quick Attack

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Health: 80%
Energy: 89%
Status: Feeling more confident now that the sun's out. Intimidated (-1 Attack). +1 Speed.
Used: Sunny Day ~ Flame Charge (missed) ~ Flamethrower

Arena Status
  • The sunlight is strong (6 more actions).

Damage and Energy
  • Amp's Health: 100% - 14% (Flamethrower) - 1% (burn) = 85%
  • Amp's Energy: 100% - 3% (Charge) - 7% (Thunder Fang) - 3% (Quick Attack) = 87%
  • Ceridwen's Health: 100% - 16% (Thunder Fang) - 4% (Quick Attack) = 80%
  • Ceridwen's Energy: 100% - 4% (Sunny Day) - 3% (Flame Charge) - 4% (Flamethrower) = 89%

Notes
  • Speed order: Ceridwen (90) > Amp (45).
  • lol how 2 write??? whatever it's been too long, just have this
  • The Special Defense boost from Charge wore off once Amp used an Electric attack.
  • Flame Charge missed because of Amp's Bright Powder. The Speed boost still applies, though, since it doesn't rely on the attack hitting. It'll wear off after Ceridwen's second action next round.
  • Flamethrower caused a burn. (The hax is strong this round.)
  • Panini commands first.

just wanna say this is good spoopy writing and now I wanna draw this (except my artistic skill is limited so it's stuck in my imagination for now)

Whoops!

Good hustle Ceridwen, that singed fur smell is music to my... nose?
Our foe already seems pretty mad, let's use his fury against him with Swagger to get him confused and then take the time to get your mind centered Psych Up before closing out with Solar Beam! Afterall, it would be a shame to waste the good weather.

If Swagger fails, use Flamethrower again instead of Psych Up to keep up pace!

Swagger~Psych Up/Flamethrower~Solar Beam

Start by Protecting against the Swagger, then follow up with Roar to make Ceri flinch. If the Swagger was successful, use Double Team, otherwise use Charge Beam against the Solar Beam.

Protect~Roar~Double Team/Charge Beam

Start by Protecting against the Swagger, then follow up with Roar to make Ceri flinch. If the Swagger was successful, use Double Team, otherwise use Charge Beam against the Solar Beam.

Protect~Roar~Double Team/Charge Beam

Flinching in ASB is like the games where it only works if your Pokémon is moving first in the action, so Roar wouldn't actually work here. Since you are new I will give you the chance to change your commands accordingly!

ah okay I'll change that today

edit: or maybe I'll decide to leave it to keep up intimidate not sure

Protect~Scary Face~Double Team/Charge Beam

see last post, just replace roar with scary face

Round Two

Chemist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Health: 85%
Energy: 87%
Status: Eager for revenge. Burned (mild, 2% damage/round, 0.75x base power for physical attacks).

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Energy: 89%
Status: Feeling more confident now that the sun's out. Intimidated (-1 Attack). +1 Speed.

Amp glares across at his opponent, hackles raised, doing his best to ignore the throbbing of his lingering burns... but his furiously lashing tail accidentally brushes against the tender skin and he jumps back with a yelp of pain, prompting a snicker from Ceridwen. "That Flamethrower? That was nothing!" she says smugly. "Just the air coming out of my ears right now is almost 400 degrees, you know. That's a Fennekin Fact. Wanna hear more? Did you know—" The rest of Ceriden's words are thankfully drowned out as Amp summons up a transparent bubble of energy around himself, blocking out the rest of the world. He swishes his tail impatiently as he watches the Fennekin ramble on...

And on...

And on...

And then she stops to take a breath and Amp figures it's safe to drop his shield, but then the moment he does so Ceriden fucking belches another mouthful of fire right into his face??? Like, who even does that? Now his face is all charred and toasty and kinda smells like really really burnt bacon, gross. Also it kind of hurts. Amp peels his lips back over his teeth and gives Ceridwen his most ferocious snarl, and apparently his scorched and reddened face must be adding to his fearsome appearance because Ceridwen cringes away from him with a startled yapping noise, ears flattened against her head.

Ceridwen turns to whimper plaintively at her trainer, who gently tries to coax her back towards her opponent with little success. Amp takes advantage of her hesitation to to charge up some electrical energy in his mouth. Static crackles through his fur, making his fur stick straight up as the electricity courses through him, and he unleashes the attack with an eager bark. In his excitement, however, the Shinx loses control of his aim; the Charge Beam veers off wildly to the left, missing its target by several feet and instead burning a small hole through a billboard proclaiming "Teach Your Weepinbell to DANCE!" in obnoxiously large letters.

Still trembling, Ceridwen looks up at the blazing ball of sunlight and takes a deep breath, struggling to calm herself. She pricks her ears and a sphere of blindingly white light begins to form between them, growing larger and larger as she channels more of the sun's energy into the attack.

yz30TKR.png

Thanks to the intense sunlight she's able to quickly charge up the orb of light to its full strength and fires off a beam of white light from it in Amp's direction. The Shinx yowls in pain as the concentrated sunlight buffets him backwards and knocks him to the ground, tearing up a line of grass in its path. The blistering heat eats at his skin, leaving more angry red marks on his side, and for a moment all he can do is whimper pathetically at his opponent, no longer feeling all that fearsome...

Chemist1422 (3/3 left)
shinx
Amp ♂ @ Bright Powder
Health: 57%
Energy: 80%
Status: Losing confidence fast. Burned (mild, 2% damage/round, 0.75x base power for physical attacks). +1 Special Attack.
Used: Protect ~ Scary Face ~ Charge Beam (missed)

Panini (3/3 left)
fennekin
Ceridwen
Energy: 77%
Status: WHO'S FEARSOME NOW BITCH??? Intimidated (-1 Attack). -2 Speed.
Used: Swagger ~ Flamethrower ~ Solar Beam

Arena Status
  • The sunlight is strong (3 more actions).

Damage and Energy
  • Amp's Health: 85% - 14% (Flamethrower) - 12% (Solar Beam) - 2% (burn) = 57%
  • Amp's Energy: 87% - 2% (Protect) - 2% (Scary Face) - 3% (Charge Beam) = 80%
  • Ceridwen's Health: 80%
  • Ceridwen's Energy: 89% - 3% (Swagger) - 4% (Flamethrower) - 5% (Solar Beam) = 77%

Notes
  • Speed order: Amp (45) > Ceridwen (30).
  • (today in sentences I shouldn't keep in my reffings, but decide to keep anyway)
  • Ceridwen's Speed boost wore off after her second action.
  • The Speed drop from Scary Face will wear off at the end of the next round. The effect of Intimidate will likely also wear off at that time.
  • Charge Beam missed (rip). It still raised Amp's Special Attack though.
  • Solar Beam costed less energy (5% base) since the weather is sunny.
  • Chemist1422 commands first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom