• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Excellent, Carlotta! Let's keep it simple this round since we've got that Safeguard protecting us. Some Shadow Balls would be lovely — I don't want to take the risk with trying to destroy some more appliances right now. If she has clones, Clear Smog. If she's protecting or otherwise unreachable, let's wreak some more havoc around the office by Flame Charging any random old thing you see because I really don't enjoy having to rely on Trick Room to get you moving at a normal speed, god.

Shadow Ball / Clear Smog / Flame Charge ~ Shadow Ball / Clear Smog / Flame Charge ~ Shadow Ball / Clear Smog / Flame Charge

=Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie: Round Seven= [✔]

Arylett Charnoa
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

fcCbuI4.png

blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 26% | Energy: 48%
Ability: Blaze
still spitting bile at Carlotta.
Condition: Blaze activated.
Psych Up ~ Light Screen ~ Target and Destroy PDA

Eifie
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

litwick.png

blob of wax ♂ @Dusk Stone
Health: 58% | Energy: 56%
Ability: Flash Fire
"why I oughtta!..."
Condition: SpAtk+4, SpDef+4. Protected by Safeguard (4 more actions). Taunted (3 more actions).
Shadow Ball/Clear Smog/Flame Charge ~ Shadow Ball/Clear Smog/Flame Charge ~ Shadow Ball/Clear Smog/Flame Charge​

Arylett's head cocked in confusion, and she shook it briskly from side to side to arrange her thoughts. Moments ago her mind was overflowing with tranquillity, and now all of a sudden she found it rather lacking from her. Quite what was going on with that, she wasn't sure, but Carlotta seemed still to have it in spades, and she rather fancied helping herself to some of it. She closed her eyes and again focused her mind on Carlotta's, psychically emulating his mental state and feeling the calm wash back over her.

This intrusion did not impress him one bit. He held his arms together, each glowing with ghostly energy at its tip, and formed a large sphere of shadows which he tossed furiously at Arylett. The lack of lighting in the office made the projectile invisible until it slammed into her in a burst of purple smoke, knocking her back against a desk. Her newfound serenity bolstered her against the increased intensity of the malevolent energy from Carlotta's focused mental state, but the caustic orb itself still left a nasty sting.

As she pulled herself to her feet, she saw Carlotta preparing another shadowy missile with a murderous grin, and hurried to bolster herself against the oncoming assault. A sphere of blue energy erected itself around her just in time for the Shadow Ball to slam into it, most of its material sloughing away to a thin purplish haze as it crossed the wall of light and barely half of it managing to strike its target.

Shrugging off the damage, Arylett scanned the area slyly, looking for some sort of electronic ammunition; it'd been too long since she'd had a chance to smash any appliances over his head, and he seemed too busy throwing blobs of darkness about to get in her way this time. Her eye caught some form of Mesolithic artifact laying atop the desk she stumbled into just minutes before, and leapt up to snatch it down for a look. It was a PDA! Seriously, who was bringing all these medieval contrivances to work with them? I mean, what did PDA even stand for? Personal... dogwalking... alpaca? Clearly such details were lost to history. Shrugging, Arylett hurled the Antikythera mechanism into the air and shot it down with a fireball, putting the unspeakably archaic contraption to rest by exploding it over Carlotta's head. Infuriated by this horrendously blasé handling of such ancient specimens (or perhaps by the pain, but who could say), Carlotta shot a third Shadow Ball at Arylett with a snarl, then took a deep breath and slowly released it, his anger fully spent.

Arylett Charnoa
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

fcCbuI4.png

blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 6% | Energy: 34%
not doing so hot.
Condition: SpAtk+4, SpDef+4. Blaze activated. Protected by Light Screen (4 more actions).
Psych Up ~ Light Screen ~ Target and Destroy PDA

Eifie
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

litwick.png

Health: 44% | Energy: 42%
"it belongs in a museum!!"
Condition: SpAtk+4, SpDef+4. Protected by Safeguard (1 more actions).
Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball​

Calculations
~ Psych Up: 8% energy
~ Shadow Ball: 10% damage, 3% energy
~ Light Screen: 1% setup cost, 1% energy per action
~ Shadow Ball: 5% damage, 3% energy
~ Target and Destroy PDA: 14% damage, 4% energy
~ Shadow Ball: 5% damage, 3% energy

Next round
~ Arylett Charnoa attacks
~ Eifie attacks

Last edited:
Before I command (because it turns out this will actually matter), is there a chance you forgot to add STAB for Shadow Ball? It looks like it's doing 2% less each action than expected even after the Eviolite, but maybe I'm just totally missing something.

Aaand that would be because I was factoring in Arylett's SpDef modifier but not Carlotta's SpAtk modifier. halp how ref

Since blob of fox now has quite significantly less health than she did when Arylett first commanded, probably while under the impression she'd last more than one action, I'm going to offer Arylett a chance to alter her commands. Sorry guys, I really need to stop fucking up this match orz

Last edited:
Okay, Arylett's going to have to wait to see if you perform a non-damaging move, and I don't feel like calculating if causing electrical mayhem will be enough, so just, like, flip that table our ref's sitting on, yeah?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm hilarious

=Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie: Round Eight= [✔]

Arylett Charnoa
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

fcCbuI4.png

blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 6% | Energy: 34%
not doing so hot.
Condition: SpAtk+4, SpDef+4. Blaze activated. Protected by Light Screen (4 more actions).
Target and Destroy Unspecified Appliance/Taunt ~ Target and Destroy Unspecified Appliance/Taunt ~ Toss Potted Plant/Target and Destroy Unspecified Appliance/Chill

Eifie
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

litwick.png

Health: 44% | Energy: 42%
"it belongs in a museum!!"
Condition: SpAtk+4, SpDef+4. Protected by Safeguard (1 more action).
Toss Office Desk ~ Toss Office Desk ~ Toss Office Desk​

Roused by the sound of detonating electronics, the referee stirred for the first time since the opening rounds of the battle, squinting around the arena and holding his pounding head as he shakily rose to his feet. He remembered the computer catching alight, and banging his head on the floor as he tripped trying to put it out, and everything thereafter was a blur. His legs spasmed and threatened to buckle, a numbing fuzziness enveloping his mind. Finding standing up to be a dizzying exertion in his concussed state, he sat down on a desk to collect his thoughts. No sooner had his backside hit the desk top, though, than it began to shake beneath him as Carlotta brutally tackled it from behind until it capsized, collapsing on top of Arylett and sending the referee bowling head-first into a wall. With a final wail of pain, Arylett finally fell unconscious, and the referee remained just lucid enough to bring his whistle to his lips and blow weakly into it, announcing the KO, before he joined her.

Arylett Charnoa
PTQRMNa.png
PC9NyEI.png

fcCbuI4.png

blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 0% | Energy: 34%
knocked out!
Condition: none

Eifie
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

litwick.png

Health: 44% | Energy: 34%
wondering if he gets exp for KOing the ref, too.
Condition: SpAtk+4, SpDef+4.
Toss Office Desk​

Referee's notes
~ GUESS WHAT, I JUST REALISED I FORGOT TO ACCOUNT FOR EVIOLITE IN THOSE SHADOW BALLS. Desk Throw makes up for it so I guess it doesn't really matter but argh why am I so shit.

Calculations
~ Toss Office Desk: 16% damage, 8% energy

Next round
~ Arylett Charnoa sends out
~ Eifie attacks
~ Arylett Charnoa attacks

Last edited:
Judging by Arylett's absence post she's happy to be disqualified from any and all battles she's in, and after discussing with Eifie I'm going to end this battle with a DQ. If when Arylett's sorted things out and returned to ASB you both want to pick this battle back up I'll happily ref a 1v1 with the same arena and everything and we can just treat it like the second leg of this battle.

Arylett Charnoa is DQed.

Prizes:
Eifie: $8
Sangfroidish: $5

blob of wax/Carlotta recieves 2XP and Arylett/blob of fox recieves 1XP.

Thanks for reffing (and helping me decide what to do about the battle in the end)! Your reffings were very entertaining! I'm just sad I didn't get to blow up the computer on which you were writing your reffings; I decided it was going to be a Mac, regardless of what you actually use :p

Back
Top Bottom