• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New Pokemon Crater?

It's alright. I just come on when bored though.

1 problem though, my L16 wurmple just won't evolve. That's annoying.

Last edited:
I've seen this before, and it is not like the original. Urgh.

I miss Pokemon Crater.

Eh, I hated the original Crater and have still yet to see a play-worthy imitation anywhere. :/ It's just not Pokémon if the battle system is simplified so that every attack deals damage, or every Pokémon at the same level has the same number of HP, or every Pokémon deals the same damage with the same attack. It's taking out the fundamentals of the Pokémon battle system that make it interesting. And what's with the abundance of shinies in all these games? Everybody who thinks shinies should be more common is missing the point: how are shinies special in any way if you find them every two minutes? Then they're just uglier alternate versions of normal Pokémon. Same with all the "dark" and "ghostly" and "ruby" and God knows what else that they always add. :/

Hmmm, that's very true. I guess cuz it's easier to access than the games and there's more of a community on their than the games. I found a lot of younger fans on there mostly because its easier. Older players usually go on because most of their friends are on there and they can instant message. I do prefer the games (I'm sure everyone does) but it's just easier to do than leaning over into a gameboy/DS screen. And it just relates to the player a little bit more since it was made by a fan. It's kind of hard to explain.

I can't figure out what gender locano style is, oh, and I'm gonna sign up and try it, it doesn't look tooo bad.

I can't figure out what gender locano style is,

Whuzzat? Oh, and you should try it out. Just don't expect much of it. They do need help improving it though.:huh:

Oh, and butterfree, on the old pokemon crater they had all sorts of funky forms that were pretty easy to find but this new crater I doubt you can get those other forms in this one. They claim they have ghostly, dark, etc. but I have yet to see them.

Last edited:
I guess I just like it due to nostalgia, as it was my first exposure to Pokemon. And it was surprisingly addictive due to it's simplicity.

I like it for the same reason of nostalgia now, but I used to like it cuz that's where me and my friends hung out and got most of the younger grade kids to go there too. When I told them the news they were really sad and mad.

Check, my pokemon, and from there you should see a option to evolve. I'm not too sure but thats where you go to get him to learn new moves.
Tried that. The option won't come up. It will for my other pokes though.

Oh, and butterfree, on the old pokemon crater they had all sorts of funky forms that were pretty easy to find but this new crater I doubt you can get those other forms in this one. They claim they have ghostly, dark, etc. but I have yet to see them.

When you buy a pokemon with credits, you can get the option to make is shiny/metalic or dark for extra credits. I got that option when I bought my shroomish.

Mmmmm, I don't buy credits and I haven't logined enough times so. Show's you how much I know about the credit stuff.

I've been on this site for a while, on and off...so I sorta had enough credits for both the normal maze and a normal shroomish. ^^;

Just logged in and I had enough credits to buy an abra! Oh, and If you start seeing boba fett trainer's than tell me. :grin:

I dislike this "remake" of Crater. Though I had been playing Pokémon since I was given a Gameboy Color and Yellow version as Christmas presents when I was four, Pokémon Crater is, without a doubt, what really got me hooked. Because it opened up my online Pokémon life (and eventually into finding the site that led me here, to TCoD) which, now, is crucial to me. I learned how to sprite starting with Butterfree's guide, I've made some valuable friends, and I've learned about recent updates and a little about game mechanics (though I still don't get all those complex formulas and such '-_-).

I liked the original Crater because of its simplicity. I liked the glitchiness and lag. I liked that they introduced other forms of Pokémon. I liked that I had enough spare time on my hands to have 11 level 100 Pokémon including a Blaziken, Dark Groudon, and my beloved Kingdra. And I also liked that Magikarp, for once, wasn't entirely useless. I also seemed to have uncanny luck with legendaries (lol Rayquaza and Shiny Zapdos) by walking back and forth over the same flower repeatedly in one of the maps with a mansion on it.

And I liked the dark red background ^_^
All of these things, among many more (including my n00bishness as a young person only adjusting to the online life), I miss about the original. Donating for everything now, having to sign on every day, giving your name and address (fake info ftw!), verifying your being human before every battle...it just isn't the same anymore. I've given up on Crater coming back to its old glory, honestly. I've been missing it dearly.

...oh god I ramble O.O

I just collected shinies in the original one because I like collecting stuff. Got bored really quick, though, and I ended up just hanging at the forums. Also where I discovered the Fire Fang glitch (the one where you can hit Wondertomb). I made a bunch of guides to things like seals and PMD game features (before Time and Darkness).

By the sounds of it, it got even worse. D: No interest in it whatsoever.

This one is much more like Crater. Only real major difference is that you use their own random generic sprites instead of choosing your own, as well as not being able to see the sprites of other players on the same map as you. Oh, and not to mention that you have to pay money just to modify Pokemon's moveset. Overall though, it's pretty much like the original Crater.

Back
Top Bottom