• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid things you thought were true

OMG, I remeber loads of things, such as :
I though my Typhlosion from gold hated fighting, so I released him, in hopes he would have a better ife (But I didn't save!)
When said Typhlosion evolved from a quilava for the first time, my 6-year old mind was scared sh*tless
After I beat the first gymleader, I thought that when the game ask "The saved File will be overwritten?", I thoght it literally meant my file will be deleted. Thank god I realised it didn't.
And the one thing that makes me the biggest idiot on this forum:
When I was at the 4 gym in gold (SO MANY MEMORIES!) I could never get past the bottomless pit. So for 5 YEARS I trained on nothing but krabby and the occasional Shelder. By the time I found a way out, My team was:
LV 92 Mighty(Typhlosion)
LV 89 Sharp(Sycther, I thought I could train him into a siczor)
LV 90 Snowman8TR (Slobro, I came up with the word "Snowman Eater". Imagine my shock when I found out it was also a Yu-Gi-Oh! card 7 years later)
LV 92 Dragon (Garyados)
Lv 85 Scary (A misdreavus my freind gave me)
And finally, the mother of all pokemon :
LV 98(!) PIDGEY! (I left him in the daycare FOR 5 YEARS!)

God, I feel like an idiot. I think I should get an record for this.

A friend from school told me that to make catching a pokemon easier I could press start-select-a-b, and I couldn't understand it when the game reset.

I still sometimes press A at a certain moment after throwing the ball, even though I know it doesn't work anymore. I think it used to work in RBY.

I thought (now don't tell me where I got this from, i was only about 7 at the time) that Ember looked like Hyper Beam and was a OHKO move.
Oh yeah, and that Camerupt evolved into/from Torkoal.

Last edited:
The first time I saw Tackle being mentioned, it was in connection with Pikachu, so I thought it was Electric.

-Walking made eggs hatch faster
-You could evolve the grass starter with a leaf stone (A big kid told me that when I was little)
-When you use up all the PP, you won't be able to use that move again
-If you lost to team rocket, they'll take your pokemon

Wailmer
When i had Pokemon sapphire, i thought Wailmer's eyes were the two holes closest to the top, and the bottom holes was the nose.

Wailmer
I now see my perfect mistake.

I thought Archen/Archeops was a Flying/Ground.
It made me horribly confused in a ASB Double match when an Archen was getting hammered by Electric moves.

Then I went to Bulbapedia.

Eletric is what i believe to be ineffective against a ground type.

A rock type has some resistance, but not enough to be ineffective.

Archen being a Flying/ Rock type, since it's flying portion makes itvurnurable to electric type moves, the damage to Archen should be as if it didnt have any weaknesses or resistances.

A rock type has some resistance, but not enough to be ineffective.

Archen being a Flying/ Rock type, since it's flying portion makes itvurnurable to electric type moves, the damage to Archen should be as if it didnt have any weaknesses or resistances.

wait what, no, electric is neutral on rock

oh, well in that case, sinnce archen has a flying counterpart, it would be super effective. :P

oh, well in that case, sinnce archen has a flying counterpart, it would be super effective. :P

What do you mean? Archen is a Flying-type itself. You could say that Archen has a Water counterpart. Or that Archen is Tirtouga's Flying counterpart.

Not really, other then people talking about Pokeblu, but even so my words were "That isn't even Yellow, Orange, or Red. That isn't the new Pikachu, it's probably a new Pokemon!"

Wailmer
When i had Pokemon sapphire, i thought Wailmer's eyes were the two holes closest to the top, and the bottom holes was the nose.

This always confused me so much.

And my friend tried to convince me that there was this old lady at the battle tower that tried to give you a dark ball. If you accepted it, she would capture you (with the dark ball) and all of your money would disappear. And I think they also said the game would be impossible to restart.

Ehh... The eggs actually don't hatch without you walking or riding a bike. Isn't that a slightly exaggerated version of what you thought?

Nah, I was just told that walking was faster than running or riding a bike in RS.
Using my 8-year-old logic, I tried that in my Crystal to see if it would work, as I was unaware of the different mechanics.

It didn't work

You know how contest cathegories are connected with normal stats? I thought Smart was with Special Attack and Beauty was with Special defence, and it still makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom