• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Worst Fears

Ugh, a spider laid its eggs in my room once. One night, I was reading, and crawling up from behind my wardrobe was a gazillion tiny little insects, eating eachother in a murderous orgy.
I hate baby spiders.

I'll probably forget a few of these.

First and foremost, spiders. I hate them because they always seem to fall out of towels I use or jump out of things I'm trying to grab. My Dad also nearly died from a poisonous spider bite, so there's a bit of blood hate there too.

Death is a real biggie too. When I was a Christian I would keep thinking about heaven and how there was actually no end and I would literally make myself sick. Thank god for atheism.

I'll admit it, dark scares the hell out of me. Anytime I see something remotely scary, I have to absolutely bust it to get to the bathroom the next night, and then long jump back into my bed. Agh.

Intertwined with that is a hate for horror movies. I just cannot stand suspense like that. I have made a vow to never see any movie freakier than Titanic because I know I'll give myself a heart attack. I force myself to always watch the Hallowe'en episode of a Canadian show my cousin is in, just to prove to myself I'm not a total wimp.

Needles and shots. Enough said. I've actually only had one shot before, and while it didn't hurt right away, that night was a literal nightmare. My arm hurt like hell.

Alcohol. This is probably the least mainstream of all of them. I despise the substance, and have promised myself I'll never drink a sip. I have to wash my hands every time I touch anything might have had alcohol on it, and I always make sure with my parents that if they put wine into a recipe of some sort that the alcohol is nonexistent by the time it's been cooked.

Finally, lots of bugs bug me. I'm fine with small moths, bees, wasps, ants, and hornets, and I absolutely adore cute little woodlice. But everything else, especially large moths, silverfish, and anything the forest I live beside decides to throw at me, I just back away and hope it disappears.

I am so lame.

Red flesh virus that makes your ass blow up. Byrus knows what I am talking about....

*chills*
Oh God, THIS. Humiliating and painful deaths are the worst. D: I love it though; I have a fatal attraction to things like terrify me and make me paranoid about using the bathroom I guess.

Alcohol. This is probably the least mainstream of all of them. I despise the substance, and have promised myself I'll never drink a sip. I have to wash my hands every time I touch anything might have had alcohol on it, and I always make sure with my parents that if they put wine into a recipe of some sort that the alcohol is nonexistent by the time it's been cooked.

May I ask what you think of antiseptic wipes?

May I ask what you think of antiseptic wipes?

You are evil. :P

I need to add sheep. Yes I am scared of sheep... But a certain kind of sheep... sheeple... People who just follow the person in front. I am afraid of getting sucked in and then like falling down a staircase or something.

Tomatoes. Don't ask me I have no idea. I won't eat a pizza with too much sauce in it for this reason.

I didn't know what a Chicago-style pizza was and then I went to Chicago and had one with some friend and I had an individual and the tomato was just floating there like a Salvador Dali melted watch just sitting there in its own guts and it was awful. It was like a bowl full of things you hate, literally.

Also wild mushrooms.

The closest I can get to any idea of why I hate mushrooms is probably a book about Babar the Elephant King, which I read by the eerie glow of nightlight as a child. The old elephant king had died from eating a bad mushroom. It scared the shit out of three-year-old-me.

Heights.
I feel like if I get too close to whatever is separating me from the drop, something will manage to push me off and SPLAT

Spiders
It's more of a fearful respect than a OH GOD IT'S A SPIDER KILL IT KILL IT thing. I understand that many spiders are poisonous, and that they won't fuck with you as long as you leave them alone. I'm pretty sure we have brown recluses here.

Needles
Irrational fear #2, much more powerful than the first.

The Dark
This has pretty much subsided, largely due to the fact that I realised that I can just visualise myself brutally murdering whatever I imagine lies in the dark :o)
honk

Worst fear is probably rejection (though I'm so used to it by now, you'd think I wouldn't have a problem), and then I have a problem with earthworms. I really have no idea why, but I've hated them ever since I first saw one.

When I was a Christian I would keep thinking about heaven and how there was actually no end and I would literally make myself sick. Thank god for atheism.

Really? It's the end that makes me so terrified. I wish I could believe in heaven.

giant insects invading the world ( D: )
and RK-9's profile pic

one of the fears I forgot to post has come true.
I got hacked
D:
And I'm also scared of the dark. ):

The dark in certain places scares me. Like in an empty house, a graveyard, or a forest with wild animals running around that could eat you.
I'm also afraid of heights to a certain extent. Like really high rollercoasters where you aren't buckled in that great, on top of buildings, or on the CN Tower's glass floor. -shivers-
The unknown. Like, what was that sound? Who broke into our house? What was that shadow? >_<
SPIDERS. EW. Dock spiders, spiders in your room, giant spiders. I can handle any other bug but when I see a spider or it's on me, I freak out and get all dizzy like I'm about to pass out.
Blood/gore/needles/etc. Just no. I'll get sick. Just the thought of needles in your hands or veins makes my muscles weak. The sight of blood or guts makes me faint.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom