• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ability Choice Pokemafia [Game Thread]

You know, I had a notion to block Stormecho but decided against it.

Stormecho then. Also, the "RB/No Kill" thing worked twice, so while it can be flawed it's also good

The remaining townspeople wheel first on Dazel, but after their passionate defense the abilities converge on Stormecho. After the lynching is carried out, a thorough search of the remaining abilities' houses reveals that all of the mysterious killers have finally been eliminated, and the citizens of Abilityville go to bed at sunset feeling inordinately happy.

Stormecho was lynched. She was mafia.

All mafia are dead. Town wins!

1. Zero Moment - Trace - Universal Backup

Gardevoir "The Pokemon copies an opposing Pokemon's Ability."

You are innocent. You win when all mafia are dead.

You have the passive ability to Skill Swap. Your high sense of empathy allows you to exactly mimic the power(s) of the first innocent who dies.

2. Mawile - Magician - Cop

Delphox "The Pokemon steals the held item of a Pokemon it hits with a move."

Every night, you may use the night action Psychic. By seeing into your chosen target's mind, you can discern their alignment.

3. Wargle - Wonder Guard - Jailer

Shedinja "Only supereffective moves will hit."

Every night, you may use the night action Phantom Force. By extending your mystical protection to your chosen target, you prevent any other night action from taking effect on them. However, this also prevents them from carrying out their own action.

4. I like Squirtles - Contrary - Swapper

Malamar "Makes stat changes have an opposite effect."

Every night, you may use the night action Switcheroo. By swapping two people with Dark trickery, you can direct any night actions targeted towards one of the people to your other target.

5. Grass King - Overgrow - Vigilante

Sceptile "Powers up Grass-type moves when the Pokemon is in trouble."

Every night, you may use the night action Leaf Blade to kill your chosen target. However, your claws are not infallible, and if your chosen target is being protected for the night, your attack will fail.

6. Metallica Fanboy - Truant - Watcher

Slaking "The Pokemon can't attack on consecutive turns."

Every night, you may use the night action Slack Off. Lazing about around your chosen target's house allows you to catch anyone who targets them. Unfortunately, you won't be able to find out what the visitors were trying to do, and in the morning the order in which they visited will be randomized.

7. Stormecho - Super Luck - Mafia Goon

Honchkrow "Boosts the critical-hit ratios of moves."

You are mafia. You win when mafia comprise more than half of the living players. Your fellow mafia are Vipera Magnifica (Prankster) and Dragon (Gale Wings). You may communicate with them outside of the thread.

At the beginning of the game, Vipera Magnifica is the only mafia member who may carry out a killing action. If he dies, the action will pass to Dragon, and if she is dead, it will pass to you.

Every night, if a mafia member other than you carries out the killing action, you may use the night action Night Slash to supplement the mafia's killing action. By increasing its critical hit ratio, you will allow the killing action to bypass one layer of protection around the chosen target.

8. JackPK - Pixilate - Inventor

Sylveon "Normal-type moves become Fairy-type moves."

Every night, you may use the night action Helping Hand to give your chosen target a one-shot power of your choice of the following options: killing, healing, inspecting, roleblocking. You may only give out each type of power once. If you do not specify which power you would like to give out, it will be randomized, and you will be notified as to which one you gave out.

9. Altissimo - Cloud Nine - Dreamer

Golduck "Eliminates the effects of weather."

Every night, you may use the night action Foresight, supplementing your natural Psychic ability. In a dream, you will see visions of either one person, who is innocent, or three people, one of whom is mafia.

10. Vipera Magnifica - Prankster - Mafia Don

Liepard "Gives priority to a status move."

You are mafia. You win when mafia comprise more than half of the living players. Your fellow mafia are Stormecho (Super Luck) and Dragon (Gale Wings). You may communicate with them outside of the thread.

At the beginning of the game, you are the only mafia member who may carry out a killing action. If you die, the action will pass to Dragon, and if she is dead, it will pass to Stormecho.

Every night, you may use the night action Dark Pulse to kill your chosen target.

11. Superbird - Marvel Scale - Doctor

Milotic "Boosts the Defense stat if the Pokemon has a status condition."

Every night, you may use the night action Safeguard. By extending the mystical power hidden in your scales to your chosen target, they will be immune to any killing actions made against them.

12. Dragon - Gale Wings - Mafia Goon

Talonflame "Gives priority to Flying-type moves."

You are mafia. You win when mafia comprise more than half of the living players. Your fellow mafia are Vipera Magnifica (Prankster) and Stormecho (Super Luck). You may communicate with them outside of the thread.

At the beginning of the game, Vipera Magnifica is the only mafia member who may carry out a killing action. If he dies, the action will pass to you, and if you die, it will pass to Stormecho.

Every night that the mafia faction does not attempt a killing action, you may use the night action Quick Guard to protect your fellow mafia members from all night actions.

13. Dazel - Zen Mode - Two-Shot Bulletproof

Darmanitan-Zen "Changes the Pokemon's shape when HP is half or less."

You have the passive ability to Endure. Your innate danger sense allows you to change form and survive any killing actions made against you whenever you are targeted with a killing action. However, doing so is energy-intensive, and this ability can only activate twice. In addition, this ability does not prevent you from being lynched.
Night Zero
I like Squirtles (Contrary) swaps the places of JackPK and Zero Moment.
Wargle (Wonder Guard) jails Metallica Fanboy.
Metallica Fanboy (Truant) begins to watch Vipera Magnifica.
Superbird (Marvel Scale) heals himself.
Stormecho (Super Luck) supplements the mafia kill with Night Slash.
Vipera Magnifica (Prankster) kills Metallica Fanboy.
Grass King (Overgrow) chooses not to kill anyone.
Mawile (Magician) inspects I liek Squirtles, with the result that he is not mafia.
JackPK (Pixilate) chooses not to give out a power.
Metallica Fanboy (Truant) receives the result that he was unable to watch Vipera Magnifica.
Altissimo (Cloud Nine) dreams about Mawile.
Zero Moment (Trace) receives Metallica Fanboy's power.
End results: Metallica Fanboy dies.

Day One
No one is lynched.

Night One
I like Squirtles (Contrary) swaps the places of Altissimo and JackPK.
Wargle (Wonder Guard) jails Dragon.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) attempts to watch JackPK, but is redirected to Altissimo.
JackPK (Pixilate) gives Mawile the power to roleblock.
Superbird (Marvel Scale) heals Altissimo, but is redirected to JackPK.
Vipera Magnifica (Prankster) kills Mawile.
Mawile (Magician) inspects Dragon, with the result that he was unable to inspect Dragon.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) receives the result that I liek Squirtles targeted JackPK.
Altissimo (Cloud Nine) dreams about I liek Squirtles, Dragon, and Zero Moment.
End results: Mawile dies.

Day Two
No one is lynched.

Night Two
I like Squirtles (Contrary) swaps the places of Dazel and Altissimo.
Wargle (Wonder Guard) jails JackPK.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) begins to watch Vipera Magnifica.
JackPK (Pixilate) attempts to give Wargle the power to inspect, but is blocked.
Vipera Magnifica (Prankster) kills JackPK.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) receives the result that Stormecho targeted Vipera Magnifica.
Altissimo (Cloud Nine) dreams about JackPK, Vipera Magnifica, and I liek Squirtles.
End results: JackPK dies.

Day Three
Grass King is lynched.

Night Three
I like Squirtles (Contrary) swaps the places of Altissimo and Superbird.
Wargle (Wonder Guard) jails Dazel.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) begins to watch Altissimo.
Vipera Magnifica (Prankster) kills I liek Squirtles.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) receives the result that I liek Squirtles targeted Altissimo.
Altissimo (Cloud Nine) dreams about Zero Moment, Dazel, and Vipera Magnifica.
End results: I liek Squirtles dies.

Day Four
Altissimo is lynched.

Night Four
Wargle (Wonder Guard) jails Vipera Magnifica.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) begins to watch Dragon.
Stormecho (Super Luck) attempts to supplement the mafia kill with Night Slash, but is blocked.
Vipera Magnifica (Prankster) attempts to kill Superbird, but is blocked.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) receives the result that no one targeted Dragon.
End results: No one dies.

Day Five
No one is lynched.

Night Five
Wargle (Wonder Guard) jails Vipera Magnifica.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) begins to watch Wargle.
Stormecho (Super Luck) attempts to supplement the mafia kill with Night Slash, but is blocked.
Vipera Magnifica (Prankster) attempts to kill Wargle, but is blocked.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) receives the result that no one targeted Wargle.

Day Six
Vipera Magnifica is lynched.
Dragon (Gale Wings) receives the killing action Brave Bird.

Night Six
Wargle (Wonder Guard) jails Dragon.
Superbird (Marvel Scale) heals Wargle.
Dragon (Gale Wings) attempts to kill Wargle, but is blocked.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) receives the result that Superbird targeted Wargle.

Day Seven
Dragon is lynched.
Stormecho (Super Luck) receives the killing action Assurance.

Night Seven
Wargle (Wonder Guard) jails Dazel.
Superbird (Marvel Scale) heals Wargle.
Stormecho (Super Luck) attempts to kill Wargle, but is blocked.
Zero Moment (Trace >> Truant) receives the result that Stormecho and Superbird targeted Wargle.

Day Eight
Stormecho is lynched.
All mafia are dead. Town wins!
Good game, everyone! If you have comments on the setup or how the game progressed, please let me know, since I'd like to improve as a GM and maybe host more games like this in the future.

JackPK (Pixilate) gives Mawile the power to roleblock.
Vipera Magnifica (Prankster) kills Mawile.
Mawile (Magician) inspects Dragon, with the result that he was unable to inspect Dragon.
End results: Mawile dies.
Well, that was a rather eventful night for me. Good game, though, everyone!

I dunno man, I had no leads. I just RNG'd things, and you kept popping up.

Did my switching even do something besides fumble up one night's results?

Back
Top Bottom