• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[TOWN WINS] ASB Halloween Mafia

Re: [D2] ASB Halloween Mafia

Well, I guess wishes do ever come true for the crowd that wants night action-powered information, eh? Although it's regrettable that this took two earlygame roleclaims to happen and we also have an additional one out there. It's way too much good information for the mafia to have at this point.

It's a good thing I don't put much stock into Flora's roleclaim at all and a loss of numbers serves them worse than a gain of information, usually.

Of course, if Flora is actually telling the truth -- and that's what we should be finding out soon -- then some of the roleclaims we have on our hands are most likely preposterous, and thus, not useful information for the mafia... Town takes the lead either way, is what this sounds like.

What does the jailor role do - prevent any actions from occurring to that person? Does that include killing, inspecting, doctoring, etc?

I'm going to vote Flora unless other info arises.

What does the jailor role do - prevent any actions from occurring to that person? Does that include killing, inspecting, doctoring, etc?

I'm going to vote Flora unless other info arises.

Jailer is like combined doctor and roleblocker. So it shouldn't prevent someone from being inspected, but it will stop them from being killed and healed (not that the latter matters, except that I guess it would prevent healer clash as well).

Yes, the usual jailer normally prevents all night actions to or from a player. I think some venues actually use other terminology when they mean a healer+roleblocker and not a jailer (iirc I've seen "nurse" floating around as that designator, although it's...... kind of a strange idea to call it that?). It's also somewhat common for jailers to gain temporary night communications with whoever they're jailing, but that seems like more of a hassle to set up than anything strategically interesting.

Yeah, sorry, I realized after that calling it a doctor + roleblocker was wrong. Does jailing usually have any effect on inspections, though?

Right, but you jailing Flora on N0 shouldn't mean anything for the current situation. It just means that if ZM (who was the person she targeted, not Flora) used an action on N0, his action didn't take effect. How does that affect Eifie redirecting ILS to Flora on N1, or affect ILS's result if he was redirected to her? Can you jailkeep someone for multiple nights in a row/does the effect last multiple nights in a row?

My earlier point was that your jailing Flora wouldn't necessarily have prevented the kill; that's what I thought you were talking about when you made that claim (that Flora possibly wasn't mafia because a kill still happened that night), so if that wasn't what you meant then sorry for misunderstanding!

Hm... I guess I'll go ahead and vote for Flora for now, and then yeah, we can look at Eifie a little more closely the next day if not (or Keldeo, or ILS; oh, my, so many potential options!).

Okay, ninja'd a little; I was replying to RedneckPhoenix there.

I don't think Kratos or Flora are Mafia Don; I jailed them and people died on both nights. That's not to say they're not goons, but I think we can put this info on the back burner for a bit.

It seems pretty clear-cut to me. The only way this all makes sense is if Flora’s a mafia goon - there’s pretty damning evidence against her, and delaying action on that information would just be letting mafia walk free.

Based on what everyone’s said, I think this is what has happened:
n0, the mafia kill Superbird, ILS inspects Kratos and gets town. Eifie redirects ZM’s action to Flora, who you jailed; depending on how the redirector/jailor interaction shakes out, either ZM is redirected to a protected target and his action doesn’t work, or Eifie’s redirection doesn’t work and ZM’s action goes through as normal.
n1, the mafia kill Stryke, you jail Kratos, and ILS inspects me, but his action is redirected to Flora. He gets a guilty result, meaning it’s pretty clear that Flora is mafia or an uninformed miller (which I highly doubt.) You jailing Flora n0 doesn’t have any bearing on this night’s results, and I’ve never seen a mafia kill where if you roleblock one mafia, it doesn’t go through, so it doesn’t make sense to say that just because the mafia killed someone n0, when you jailed Flora, she absolutely can’t be mafia.

I’ve never seen a mafia kill where if you roleblock one mafia, it doesn’t go through, so it doesn’t make sense to say that just because the mafia killed someone n0, when you jailed Flora, she absolutely can’t be mafia.
I mean, it normally is possible to stop a mafia kill by roleblocking, but you'd have to target the don (or the mafiosx who got sent) specifically, so it's possible for a mafia-aligned player to be roleblocked while a kill still happens.

RedneckPhoenix's mentioned something to the effect of wanting to focus on catching the don right now, but a) there's no reason not to lynch mafia when it's, by all appearances, right there in front of us, and b) Flora's alignment flip is useful information that will most likely help us catch the don on the long run.

I mean, it normally is possible to stop a mafia kill by roleblocking, but you'd have to target the don (or the mafiosx who got sent) specifically, so it's possible for a mafia-aligned player to be roleblocked while a kill still happens.

Yeah, that’s what I mean - sorry, posting on mobile is a pain. A situation where the mafia’s kill doesn’t go thru when the mafia roleblocked isn’t the mafia sending in the kill isn’t something I’ve personally encountered or something I’d ever put in a game as GM.

Also, I said Flora is definitely not the don but might or might not be the goon.

I jailed MF but everything else is correct.
(Actually i jailed Negrek but then i picked someone else)

Uh, what? You said in the post I just quoted that you jailed Kratos and Flora, and there’ve only been two nights so far?

I don't think Kratos or Flora are Mafia Don; I jailed them and people died on both nights. That's not to say they're not goons, but I think we can put this info on the back burner for a bit.

You did mention me here, though. I'm assuming that means you made a mistake when you said this?

Also, even if Flora isn’t the don, the options here given the night’s results are (1) she’s a goon, (2) she’s an uninformed miller, which I think is /way/ too bastardy for the supposedly simple setup of this game, or (3) someone in the chain of claims here is lying, which, as people’ve said, we can and should investigate tomorrow if Flora does flip innocent. The priority here is getting someone who is very likely mafia.

Alright, that makes sense.

Now that I'm actually on a laptop, here's an updated list of everything people have said so far, for completeness's sake:

1. Zero Moment: Redirected to Flora by Eifie n0 (or not, depending on how the jailed/redirected interaction works).
  2. Gzhoom
  3. RedneckPhoenix: Claims jailor (blocks all actions to/from his target), targeted Flora n0 and MF n1.
  4. Flora: Claims vanilla townie who is secretly a miller. Jailed by RedneckPhoenix n0. ZM's action might or might not have been redirected to her n0. ILS's action was redirected to her n1, with result Mafia.
  5. Cynder
  6. Metallica Fanboy: Jailed by RedneckPhoenix n1.
  7. Superbird: Town. Killed (presumably by mafia) n0.
  8. Butterfree
  9. Eifie: Claims redirector, redirected ZM to Flora n0 and ILS to Flora n1.
  10. Stryke: Town. Killed (presumably by mafia) n1.
  11. I liek Squirtles: Claims cop, targeted Kratos n0 (result: town) and Keldeo n1 (result: mafia). Redirected to Flora by Eifie n1.
  12. Keldeo: Inspected by ILS n1 with result Mafia, but his action was redirected to Flora by Eifie that night.
  13. Kratos Aurion: Inspected by ILS n0 with result Town.
  14. Sandstone-Shadow

Back
Top Bottom