• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Religious Guy + Pokemon = This

Old guy with uniformed opinions is old and uninformed

but he is pretty funny

"Don't think"

... Most amusing thing I've seen all day, and that's saying something. xDDDD

But seriously, the whole entire reason why parents are here is to education what's wrong and right; what's real and what's not. The guy must have had some poor childhood.

I kind of wish playing pokemon would let me use psychic powers and cast magic spells against my enemies.

I like how his words sync up with Team Rocket towards the beginning. XD

Pokemon trainers = "New Age" masters of spirits? And Pokemon paraphernalia are power sources? And pokemon teach children witchcraft? And children run around with guns killing other kids? (that's actually someone true, but more due to gangs and less due to pokemon...)

I quite enjoy his questioning there. Why? WHY? WHY?

This made my day. XD

It's Pikachu that's the spawn of Satan, not Jigglypuff... silly uninformed Youtube video people. Though I guess the pink singing blob could qualify as some kind of minor demon or something.

Other than that... seems like the kind of thing that some religious nuts were saying way back around 1999 or so when Pokémon was still in its "you can't walk three feet without seeing a Pikachu plastered on something" phase. The whole "training Pokémon = summoning demons" thing, and so on. Probably the same guys who slashed a stuffed Pikachu with a sword and burned some kids' Pokémon cards.

But it sounds like they might've gotten some other stuff mixed in with the usual anti-Pokémon stuff. I don't remember anyone ever accusing Pokémon of teaching kids witchcraft or encouraging them to kill each other, though the nuts always throw that kind of stuff around when they're talking about D&D and Magic: The Gathering.

I don't know about you, but I personally think it would be FUCKAWESOME to channel the power of demons through my body and get superpowers. That would be just about the coolest thing ever.

...Speaking of summoning demons, ever heard of Shin Megami Tensei? This stuff was around YEARS before Pokemon ever came out.

Persona 3! A very cool game, I would play it if I owned the platform it's on (...ps2?).

...Anyway, yeah, they commit suicide. Repeatedly. But it's not really suicide, it's a kind of emotional release (fear) that allows you to summon your Persona. Erh. I'm off topic. sorrrry.

Back
Top Bottom