• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best and Worst Attack Animations

A tackle, not a "tilt forward and they take damage"

Unfortunately, making an animation of each and every sprite running towards the opponent and tackling them to the ground would require large amounts of disk space and time, and this would have to be done for every contact move, twice for every Pokemon (one for your Pokemon and one for the opponent's). And even then it would look sloppy.

Favorites:
Gen IV Extremespeed. Kinda makes it look like they just go so fast they dissapear, then reappear and wipe out the opposing pokemon.
HG/SS Hyper beam. I like the whitish light in the background as the blast is fired.
Any Gen IV flame based attacks. Epicness.

Hated:
Gen III hyper beam. Always looks like they're firing skittles
Gen IV Crunch. Where'd the rocks come from?
Gen IV Ice beam. As strong as it is, it should do more damage.

I preferred the Gen. III Extremespeed because it seemed so much faster. The three little attack things in Gen. IV are so slow. In Gen. III it was like "Whe whe whe pew pew pew wawawawawawawaa." In Gen. IV it was like "Whe whe whe. Pew. Pew. Pew. Wawawawawawawaa."

Doubleslap is one of the worst. Because it's a move that usually hits twice, and the animation shows a hand slapping twice for each hit.

Quadruple slap?

Back
Top Bottom