• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Are All Ghost Pokemon Dead Spirits?

As was no doubt stated previously within the thread, it may be noted that though there are indeed certain Ghost-types that are or contain such souls of the deceased, they appear to be primarily based more so upon cultural conceptions of spirits and associate factors or forms typically associated or thought of as ghost-like, due to reasons being external or out of action.

Some are, some aren't. I think Gastly could be. But Mismagius isn't. So, yes and no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giratina is a Ghost-type because of its connection with Arceus. They can represent different duos of opposites: light and dark, obvious and mysterious, maybe male and female... (Not good and evil. I don't support the idea that they represent God and Satan. More like a main god and his wife) and also body and mind. Normal and Ghost were the right kind of opposite types.

wasn't bannette just a doll until it gained souls from humans? so i'm guessing bannette's just a doll with souls?Ghost type or not?

Edit:Oh, just clicked the link.XD

No, not completely at least, since they do have ghostlike abilities, such as moving through walls, but exhibit living behaviors like any other pokemon would, such as eating. I think "ghost" refers to their powers rather than their actual dead or living status. As for those composed of souls, such as spiritomb, they're not necessarily dead, since they live on in a different "host" being. I vaguely remember that some of them collect souls from pokedex entries, so they are not dead themselves, but collect dead souls to possibly heighten the abilities that categorize them into the ghost type.

At least that's what I think. o-O

Back
Top Bottom