• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

'Tis a Shiny!

I USED to have a shiny absol but it caused a glitch :( and absols my favorite pokemon too! DD'''':

i had epic FAIL. my first shiny encounter was last week, and it was on black. and about that last post it was not an encounter it was a trade. the person who traded moved. :3 i was grind training my pokemon, and all of a sudden, there was a double battle. and the pokemon on the left was a shiny boufallent (which I probably spelled wrong) and a vullaby. i attacked both of them, and of course they were both KOed in 1 hit. now i realized i shoulda used a quick ball. by the way can someone tell me what the black/white BBCcodes are?

I've only caught/seen one shiny- a Psyduck on Platinum. It looked awesome! Sadly, I've since evolved it, and the shiny form of Golduck is stupid. Seriously, why do they make shinies that are barely different like that?!
Spr_4p_054.png
Spr_4p_054_s.png

Spr_4p_055.png
Spr_4p_055_s.png

The only legit shinies that I have are a Golbat and a Kricketot, both of which were found randomly by my brother.

I remember someone on the old forums made a post asking if he should use his Master Ball on the shiny Abra he just ran into.

Good times.

I've got my fair share of shinies. I'll list them by game:
FireRed: Rattata. I'd just beaten the E4 again and felt like walking to Viridian instead of flying somewhere else. BOOM. Shiny Rattata on Route 1. Now a Raticate.
Pearl: Unown P. I was in the Solaceon Ruins trying to catch all of the Unown when I ran into it.
Diamond: Machop. I was training my team for Roark and got lucky. Now a Machamp.
Black: Audino X2. First was found on the route accessed from the north exit of Black City and the second was found on Route 1.

I also have the Lake of Rage Gyarados, as well as a shiny Raichu and two each of shiny Raikou, Entei and Suikune from events. I've got a few shinies on emulators, two. From memory, they are Onix, Oddish and Pidove. One of my friends also found a shiny Koffing in the Rocket Base in Soul Silver, on one of the tiles that you find an exploding Pokémon on.

This thread is fun...

The only shiny i've ever seen/caught is my smeargle, who i named goblitog.
His sketched leaf blade has saved my butt countless times.

Also, shiny psyduck is awesome.
I has got catch one....

Only got one that isn't an event pokemon. A shiny Exeggcute.

Basically I was going around in Soul Silver collecting all of the Pokemon in the wild that I had yet to get after I beat the game and I found it by head butting a tree looking for a Pineco.

Through chaining I got a shiny Absol, Murkrow, Buizel and iirc a Swellow too. Random shinies I ran into were Kricketot ._. and Golbat :D

How ironic! I new gamed a couple of days ago, and I was going to try and get a female snivy and name it "Clover". So I start the game, send out Snivy, and BAM!.
I don't care if the other trainers make fun of my guy Snivy being called clover, there just jeleous cuz' I gots a legit shiny as a starter!

Back
Top Bottom