• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Gen VI Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

The mafia can only hijack the vote if both me and the target are innocent (and if we're correct about the number of mafia, no extra factions, etc.). If we're that confident Zexion is mafia, it won't matter.

If we were to lynch Zexion, and he turned up mafia, then we may as well do as VM says. If he were to turn up innocent, we are almost certainly boned, but if Butterfree actually isn't mafia then she could more or less take over Zexion's role and protect another player at random, potentially stopping the mafia. If Zexion flips innocent and Butterfree is mafia then we are almost guaranteed boned.

If the lover pair is one innocent, one mafia, then the innocent will vote like the mafia and tie the vote. Then it'll be up to how MF decides to handle tied votes.

Confirming role is an option, if we need it? Although her role could go with either alignment, I guess.
Or Butterfree can target you, Negrek, to give you nighttime protection? Or maybe also target Tailsy. Can muddle mafia, slightly riskier, but ehh idk you're not exactly essential in the next day phase, right? So maybe providing Tailsy with protection is better. IDK ANYMORE

OKAY in case suddenly bam night, I suppose we're going with this plan:

VM inspect ILS
Zexion protect ILS
blazheirio889 ask about ILS' alignment
Butterfree blocks Tailsy

Am I right?

They might, but they'd lose too? Lovers only win if everybody else dies, after all. Mafia victory doesn't mean much there. They would also be banking on MF's tiebreaking rules as well. After all, if they all vote me, then the tiebreak doesn't go their way... they've just outed themselves completely, as Mai mentioned before.

I think someone with an inforole or whose death means we all die is more important to us than protecting me at this point, tbh. It would be best if Butterfree simply chose at random so the mafia wouldn't know they had any guaranteed killable targets, at the least. They'd only have a 75% shot at winning, in theory.

I guess I'm kind of leaning towards force-lynching Zexion at this point. (Well, I'd honestly be more in favor of force-lynching Tailsy, damn the torpedoes, but if general consensus is NO DON'T I'm not going to go rogue.)

... huh. I'm fairly sure I've seen some games where the lover pair just wins with the mafia, even if one is innocent, so. But I could be wrong there.

Okay well like no-one else is on and our deadline is right around the corner, but I'm somewhat sure that people would rather go for Zexion than Tailsy. BUT I don't know whether they'd rather you do the thing, or chance it with our night plan.

Honestly with my headache right now I'm leaning towards doing the thing since it's much simpler. OTL

Butterfree randomly targeting might not be the best idea, though, since inforoles need the most protection, but if they're targeted they can't get info.

If they're targeted they don't get info, but they don't die. And if they die we all lose--I know which I'd pick. Plus if we put any qualifications at all on who Butterfree targets, the mafia knows who absolutely doesn't have protection and they can therefore kill without fear of repercussions and almost guaranteed-win. So aside from herself and Tailsy (...protected), she has to fire blindly. Which I guess means 80% mafia win rather than 75% because I forgot about Mai before.

So okay. If we lynch and Zexion is mafia, then:

Butterfree targets ILS
Mai targets ILS
VM targets Tailsy
blazheirio889 asks about VM

If we lynch and Zexion is innocent:

Butterfree targets someone other than herself or Tailsy at random
VM inspects Tailsy

I'll give it half an hour, and if there are no objections I'll send my PM to MF and we'll try and lynch Zexion.

If we lynch and Zexion is innocent, then would it be better for Butterfree to randomly protect, or to make an educated guess and kill? I'm pretty sure her chances would be better with the second option.

We're probably all going to kick ourselves hard if Zexion isn't mafia...
On the other hand, it'd be a strange brand of amusing if, for some reason, Zexion was the only remaining mafia member.

Oh, yeah, that would work. So:

If we lynch and Zexion is mafia, then:

Butterfree targets ILS
Mai targets ILS
VM targets Tailsy

If we lynch and Zexion is innocent:

Butterfree decides who she thinks is most likely mafia and blocks + kills them
VM inspects Tailsy

Sorry about the thing but we're like half an hour across the time limit and the actual discussion is long over.

No one was lynched. 48 hours for night actions.

No, the activation PM for this arrived literally the minute before I made that day-closing post, so it's technically gone through before the day's end. So, here goes something unusual.

-----

The tragic death of Alligates and junior suddenly inspired the survivors to question the spate the deaths that had been ensuing since the reckoning. Even if comparately diminute, it was still definitely not usual.

They discussed and discussed, from sun up to sun down... And just as orange-red tones painted across the sky, two of them were exchanging blows on the ground. Nobody quite saw where it came from, but everyone could see that it was going somewhere.

A fight has broken out between Zexion and Negrek!

For the remainder of this day phase, only Zexion and Negrek may participate in the day discussion. Other players may only post "Go, Zexion!" or "Go, Negrek!" in order to cast a vote against the opposing player (i.e., "Go Zexion!" is a vote against Negrek, and vice-versa). Neither Zexion nor Negrek may cast votes. Any player other than Zexion and Negrek who makes any posts containing anything other than the specified voting words will be modkilled.

48-hour extension.
(Although I'm obviously planning on being gracious with ending the day on a majority vote instead.)

Alright, I may as well completely clarify my role.

As Mega-Heracross I can bodyguard somebody during the night phase. If said person is targeted, one of two things can happen (50/50 chance). 1: I will either take the kill and die in the target's place or 2: I can kill the attacker and leave both myself and the initial target alive. Honestly, the odds of the latter successfully happening are likely not in my favor, but it is there and has a chance of helping us gain the upper-hand against the Mafia. Either way the flip goes, I cannot use my body-guarding again. Thus far, I have not used in for this reason.

Rhetorical Question: Isn't it odd that Negrek would wait until the night was almost up before invoking a fight against me? I understand that you all are not trusting of me, but waiting until most people were either asleep (including myself) or busy to invoke a fight is suspicious.

Either Negrek is Mafia and is trying to off an innocent by invoking a fight that can't end well, or is an innocent and has a strong belief that I am Mafia. Or maybe a middle-aligned (?) role that is neither aligned with the Mafia nor the Town, in which case, neg is still dangerous. This could be some odd form of a terrorist and quite possibly lead to the town losing.

Back
Top Bottom