• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum help

Zexion

All the right shades, on the wrong page.
Pronoun
he
I really want to host a forum but I don`t know how to or where to star.
Specifics are:
Easy to control,
Easy to remember,
Free if possible
More to come if more info is needed.

There are a lot of free message boards out there. It really depends on what you want and how well you know how to run a forum. Invisionfree is pretty user friendly and has a great admin board to help if you have any questions, but it can be a little intimidating to newer users. Invisionplus is a little more new user friendly I think, and the url will be little easier to remember.

Invisionplus had a bad case of the deads the last time I checked. You're not likely to get a lot of support help there, if the site is even up at all.

If you're not looking for anything more specific than what's in your first post, your best bet is to just Google "free forum hosting", see what comes up and then try creating a test board so you can experiment with the admin panel. The most popular options are usually Zetaboards, Invisionfree and Proboards; there are also a lot of hosts who will give you a free hosted version of a downloadable forum software, most commonly phpBB (which I personally dislike, but eh). There are also free SMF hosts, a few free MyBB hosts... as I said, just play around with the controls, themes and the like and see which you're most comfortable with. Just be sure to check the reliability of the host if you go with something that's not Zetaboards/IFree/Proboards; a lot of those free phpBB hosts and what have you are not going to be very high-quality.

Back
Top Bottom