• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tropes that describe you.

Noctowl

Everyone call me elf monster.
Anyone like to trope themselves? I do! Here's mine:

Adorkable: When I squeak and act a bit like a cat, according to sam.

Afraid of Needles

Always Someone Better: Better than me, anyway...

Apologises a Lot

Attention Whore: Can be when I am very upset.

Brilliant but lazy: Minus the brilliant, of course.

Can't Hold Her Liquor: A shot (ew), a vodka and two ciders can make me tipsy and happy drunk.

Characterization Marches On: Apparently was very bossy as a child. Aha...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA...

Claustrophobia: Slightly. If I can't breathe without breathing in hot air, I panic. This is why I sleep either hugging sam from behind or being hugged by sam from behind.

Cowardly Lion

Creature Of Habit: I don't like sudden changes in environment and routines. This makes habits hard to break.

Cloud Cuckoolander: Mainly when hyper. I try to avoid being this.

Cuteness Proximity: Show me a baby. Any baby. Little dogs and cats count too. And mice...and squirrels...and little cute lizards.

Does Not Like Spam: Marmite. Just...ew...yuck. Sam likes making food with marmite in sauces. I swear he does it on purpose.

I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham: Was like this with MLP. Now too scared to watch/read Twilight out of fear of the same reaction.

Don't Look At Me: On my bad days, I think EVERYONE is looking at me. Hence I tend to stay inside, away from people.

Don't You Dare Pity Me: When I am having my bad days, I worry that the only reason Sam's friends are friends of mine is because they pity me. Only sam is allowed to pity me, and even then I feel bad because he then gets me lots of stuff.

Drama Queen: Sometimes.

Deadpan snarker: When tired but am somewhat comfortable with the people I am with.

Elective Mute: Oh yeah, definitely me.

Fear of Thunder

Forgets To Eat: This worries Sam. It really does.

Friendless Background: Before secondary school, anyway.

Green-Eyed Monster: Again, on my bad days, normally to anyone who is more popular than me for doing similar things.

Guilt Complex: Again, bad days

Hates Being Touched: By people who don't know me well.

Horrible Judge of Character

Ignore the Fanservice: Unless it is an actual sex act or someone being tied up or imagining myself dying, I probably won't be turned on. Cupcakes aroused me.

Innocently Insensitive: Sometimes, less common now as I am afraid of being it.

Insists On Paying: Unfortunately, Sam is more insistant. :(

Nervous Wreck: Really really bad days turn me into this. I recall freaking out in the middle of the night because I kept hearing knocking (I am right next to the kitchen) because I was scared that security guards were going to kick me out, as my payment hadn't been sorted.

Not a Morning Person

Odd Couple: I'm very shy, Sam is more outgoing. We both like being alone though, so I suppose we have that.

Oral Fixation Fixation: I like chewing on things. Its mainly my DS stylus now, but it used to be pens and my duvet.

The Perfectionist: When working on fanfics. This mainly ruins them though.

Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Lol counts, right? And boom.

Sleepyhead

Sweet Tooth

Trademark Favorite Food: Nuttella, Toblerone, chicken korma, sweet and sour chicken

Undying Loyalty: To the people I consider my friends, and Sam.

Weak Willed

Shrinking violet: When you don't know me.

Sore Loser

Sugar and ice personality: Closest I have to explaining how I am.

I'm Crying But I Don't Know Why: When feeling sad for no reason, or at least I like to give that impression. The real reasons are often ones I do not like to admit. I often mention them online instead, where no one I know in real life can read them (or so I thought, on DA anyway).

I Promised Myself I Wouldn't Cry : My dad used to tell me that crying was pointless, and I shouldn't do it. I still hold that view that crying is for weak people.

Alone in a Crowd: I don't do well in groups of people. I feel like this when the group is larger than 3 people.

Creator Breakdown: When I am down, I can write really depressing chapters. One of TROFAF had Ruffled (NSFW) Tied to a tree and raped by Pellipers for something her lover did. Her lover just walked off, doing nothing about it.

The Eeyore: Can be this when separated from Sam. Got really bad when he was in hospital with appendicitis.

I Just Want to Have Friends

It's All My Fault: Name it, it probably is.

The Stoic: When with people I don't know well.

Afraid of Needles

Casual Kink Being tied up.

I Can't Believe A Guy Like You Would Notice Me!

My Sister Is Off Limits: My brother was like this towards Sam at first. We didn't listen. (They were friends before Sam 'asked me out')

She Is All Grown Up: Why Sam fancied me now, after all those years of knowing me.

Adjusting Your Glasses: I do this a lot. There's dust on them that won't come off...I need new ones.

Glasses Pull: When I have a headache. XD Or feeling stressed.

Quizzical Tilt: When confused.

Running On All Fours: Used to do this lots up till Secondary (where I was bullied for it). Still can, will do if it is easier. Get urges to do this up stairs, still.

British Teeth: Mainly because of my old addiction to coca cola. They're not crooked, just horrible and yellow.

Was born Oop North, raised in the south, at uni in the west midlands. I still say bath in my northern accent, and grass as well.

Does Not Like Shoes: Used to walk around barefoot as a child.

Last edited:
I'll just copy down the ones on Derpy's list that seems to fit me!

-Brilliant but Lazy
-Characterization Marches On: If I can context clues right, then this applies to me in that I used to be very shy when talking to adults when I was younger.
-Cloud Cuckoolander: Yes
-Cuteness Proximity: BABBIES AND KITTIEZ
-I Do Not Like Green Eggs And Ham: This happened to me when I was younger (think 5). With books 0_0
-Deadpan Snarker: I'm trying to become this because A) me <> snark otp B) sooooo cooool and C) to give the finger to my ADHD (Read: A and B is not srs)
-Forgets to Eat: And a lot of other things, too
-Nervous Wreck: Inverted 8^y
-Oral Fixation Fixation: For a while after getting my 3DS, I chewed on the stylus SO MUCH it was almost never not in my mouth and I'm surprised that it even fits in there anymore

And that's all that I can think of right now

berserk button (loads of things)
crazy cat lady
formerly fat
friendly rivalry (with several friends)
i want to be a real man
the napoleon
older than they look
misplaced accent/unexplained accent
can't hold his liquor
guilt complex
sir swears-a-lot
tsundere (type a)
dude looks like a lady
straight gay (????)

probably some more

Forgets To Eat, i have a thing that means i often don't remember i need to eat.
Anything That Moves. i'm pansexual, and i'll hit on anyone who seems nice and smart.
Adorkable
tsundere. with new people.
Cluster F-Bomb. talking to anyone in my cosplay group.
Oral Fixation Fixation, i'm always chewing something or bitting my lip. i also chew my fingers.

Adorkable: Or so I'm told, at any rate.
Bi The Way: I'm bisexual, but in a long-term committed monogamous heterosexual relationship, so any time my sexuality comes up, it's kind like this trope.
Brilliant But Lazy: I'm highly capable in a broad range of academic and creative disciplines but spend more time on my laptop than studying.
Deadpan Snarker: Most definitely.

These are the ones I thought of off the top of my head.

• Asexuality
  • Creature of Habit
  • Cuteness Proximity: ...okay, yeah. but. but. joltik!
  • Deadpan Snarker: At every opportunity. It's probably more annoying than anything.
  • Dirty Coward
  • Don't Look At Me
  • Elective Mute
  • Fleeting Passionate Hobbies: Er, sort of... that's my approach to pretty much every fandom but Pokémon.
  • Four Eyes, Zero Soul
  • Hates Being Touched
  • Hates Everyone Equally
  • Hates Small Talk
  • Most Writers Are Human
  • Nervous Wreck
  • Not a Morning Person
  • TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: why has this not been mentioned

• Adult Child
  • All Gays Love Theatre
  • Asexuality (I am all the things)
  • Ax Crazy
  • Bad Dreams
  • Creature of Habit
  • Cuteness Proximity
  • Dark and Troubled Past
  • Deadpan Snarker
  • Elective Mute
  • Extreme Omnisexual
  • Hates Being Touched
  • Hates Small Talk
  • Lazy Bum
  • Literal Minded
  • Love Makes You Crazy
  • Man child
  • Manipulative Bastard
  • Memetic Sex God
  • Nervous Wreck
  • No Social Skills
  • Obfuscating Insanity
  • Psychotic Manchild (all of it types)
  • Reclusive Artist
  • Stalker With a Crush
  • Super Senses/Sensory Overload
  • The Insomniac
  • Transgender
  • Tsundere/Yandere

Last edited:
Drama Queen: Ask any of my friends.
Forgets To Eat: I forget to sleep sometimes, too.
The Perfectionist: No one likes to work in group projects with me, hah. Strangely, I'm only like this around certain people.
Sugar and Ice Personality
Deadpan Snarker

A friend has referred to me as a Little Miss Badass, but that only really happens when I want something or I'm really angry.
Said friend has also called me a Distressed Damsel

Accentuate the Negative
Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny
Brilliant But Lazy
Chaotic Neutral/Neutral Evil
Cloudcuckoolander/Only Sane Woman: Depending on the day.
Four Eyes Zero Soul
Deadpan Snarker
Dissonant Serenity
I Work Alone
The Insomniac
Jerkass
Loners Are Freaks
Nietzsche Wannabe
Not a Morning Person
Older Than They Look
Pale-Skinned Brunette
Small Name Big Ego
Somebody Else's Problem
The Stoic
TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life
When She Smiles

Last edited:
Accentuate the Negative
Adorkable
Afraid of Needles
Apologises a Lot
Attention Whore: Sometimes.
Bi the Way
Cloudcuckoolander: Sometimes.
Cluster F-Bomb: Averted - I swear a lot... mentally and on the Internet. I don't swear much in real life.
Creature of Habit
Deadpan Snarker: All the fucking time.
Don't Look at Me
Drama Queen: More often than I ought to.
Fear of Thunder
Forgets to Eat
Horrible Judge of Character
I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham: I'm like this with way too much stuff to count.
Metalhead: Averted. I love metal, but I'm nothing like the stereotypical metalhead.
TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life
Unexplained Accent: I have a somewhat Midwest US-tinged accent which even I don't know how I ended up picking up.
Weak Willed
When He Smiles: So I'm told.

Last edited:
The Klutz
Cloudcuckoolander
Misunderstood Londer with a Heart of Gold (or that is what I'm told)
Intelligence equals Loner: averted later in life

oh yeah, and crazy cat lady
cloud cuckoolander.
creature of a habbit (i'll watch the same youtube videos over and over again for weeks)
Apologises a Lot
and
The Insomniac (i don't like trying to sleep because my anxitey goes apeshit loco when i try and sleep without being falling-down tired.)

The Insomniac (i don't like trying to sleep because my anxitey goes apeshit loco when i try and sleep without being falling-down tired.)

Same, specially when I have something on my mind. Its actually taking a toll on my body right now, which worries me even more.

Annoying Laugh
Berserk Button: If anyone insults, hurts, or otherwise harms anyone I care about, I will do something about it. Or at least try.
Bookworm
Brilliant, But Lazy: Emphasis on the lazy. I procrastinate on everything, especially schoolwork.
Buffy Speak: All. The. Time. Part of the reason a lot of what I say is incomprehensible.
Cannot Tell A Lie: Has been problematic
Cloudcuckoolander: Yep. Even I have no idea what goes on in my brain. The other reason a lot of what I say is incomprehensible.
Characterization Marches On: In the past year and a half I have become much snarkier and meaner, though I have retained my excitableness and craziness.
Deadpan Snarker: Mildly
Does Not Like Being Touched
Forgets To Eat
Genki Girl: Once you know me
Old Shame: My old art
Older Than I Look: I look at least two years younger than I am because I am absolutely tiny.
Self Deprecation: I tend to insult myself all the time, which annoys people around me.
Shrinking Violet: I'm shy until you get to know me (though when you do you might wish you hadn't because I am a...)
Strange Girl (I'm usually awkward no matter whether you know me or not) and a
Tsundere: around most everyone, though sometimes in a more "I find it amusing to annoy them" sense
The Nicknamer: I like to nickname everyone I like, even if they hate it.
Verbal Tic: I tend to say "most definitely" much more than a normal person
Why Did It Have To Be Snakes?:Averted. I am absolutely terrified of being alone, especially in wide open spaces. I tend to sit on the sidelines of large groups for this reason.

To sum it up I'm a shy person until you get to know me, but my niceness to people tends to decrease the better I know them, I tend to do everything at warp speed even though a large amount of it makes no sense. I can see why one might find it annoying, though I don't know if people actually do.

EDIT: Oh! And I forgot that my Trademark Favorite Foods are Nutella and Mentos! I wonder how they would taste together.

And I am a mild Fangirl for most everything I like.

Last edited:
Adjusting Your Glasses: I've started doing type 3 lately when I need to adjust them.
Adorkable
Apologises a Lot
Asexuality: Very likely, at least.
Big Eater
Buffy Speak: I use "thingy" and "stuff" a lot.
Chaotic Neutral, occasionally Chaotic Good
Cloudcuckoolander, from time to time
Cosplay Otaku Girl
Covert Pervert: some friends who only knows my "innocent" side are surprised whenever I giggle at dirty jokes or make innuendos.
Cuddle Bug: I love hugs.
Cuteness Proximity: Kittens, puppies and other baby animals. (Human babies... not so much)
Deadpan Snarker: from time to time
Dojikko: I'm quite clumsy at times.
He Is Not My Boyfriend: Every time I mention a male friend to my mom, I get asked this.
I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham: Was like this at first with South Park and Homestuck. Now I like both.
Hates Small Talk: Unless said small talk is about my interests
Kuudere: type 2
Lazy Bum
Lurker
Meganekko
Not a Morning Person
Old Shame: My old drawings, my old fanfic... let's just say everything I did age 9 to 13-14.
Promoted Fangirl: After being a member of a somewhat-big, Norwegian Nintendo forum for 2 years, they made me a moderator.
Proud To Be A Geek
Ridiculous Procrastinator
The Slacker
Sweet Tooth
The Quiet One: before you get to know me, even then, I'm not the person that talks the most(unless the subject is one of my interests)

Admiring the Abomination: It isn't just my Lovecraft fangirliness. Today, I caught myself thinking about how overwhelmingly powerful Groudon is, and I don't even like him as a legendary.
Verbal Tic: "Indeed."
Large Ham: Not normally, but I remember putting heaps of emphasis on the word "insane" in the end of a sentence several times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom