• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Song Choice Mafia V: Enclosure in Shadow [TOWN WIN]

Re: Song Choice Mafia V: Enclosure in Shadow [D7]

But, no, seriously, you should probably discuss or the above scenario will happen.

No time like the present to test your theory Zexi.

Kill MysticMoon

I'm bringing Zexi back. Them other boys don't know how to act.

that is going in my sig

also I am tired of this and really need to get back to real life
hiatus from mafia might as well go out with a something?
let's just end this
sorry
self.

The whole showroom stood silent. Through the Glass raised a gun and pointed it at Kidding Ourselves. He took a deep breath, and shut his eyes as his finger pulled down on the trigger. It was a clean headshot.

Soon the crowd had gathered round the fallen song’s body. A few seconds passed, each feeling like an eternity. Two of the black figures swept out from the darkness and claimed the dead song. The Shadows took off with the body, and were gone in an instant.

A chill swept through the showhouse that pierced the remaining songs right down to the bone. Unfurl descended. With him were more black figures, thirteen total. They smelled of the most horrifying scent imaginable. Yet they spoke not a word, and remained almost perfectly still. Unfurl took a deep breath, and with that sweetly sick voice of his, he began the announcement, “Well done. If you are among those left standing, you have truly proven your worth.”

“The mafia have all been slain. While I personally would have loved to see you all targeted one by one, there is something quite wonderful with what I have seen. Eram quod es, Eris quod sum. I was what you are, you will be what I am. You have all become murderers.”

A smile spread across the song’s face.

“You are no longer yourselves. You have been changed. You now belong to me. The Shadows have claimed you…”

One of the dark figures to Unfurl’s right moved forward, and turned to face the shadowy leader. “No,” said the voice, which was flat and lifeless, “I think you are mistaken.”

The other twelve Shadows removed the black hoods that covered their faces. The surviving songs gasped, as they saw the familiar figures. There was Jeremiah Blues, with a look of derision in her cold, dead eyes. There was Sim Sala Bim, standing tall and resolute, with Last Name clutching at his arm. The Gypsy Bard stood there as well, with a sad look on his pale face. Highly Strung looked over the faces of the living with unmistakable anger. The victors looked out and saw the faces of all twelve songs that had earlier perished. They were neither dead nor alive.

“The shadows are not claiming them, my dear…”

The Shadow who had been speaking slowly reached up to take off her hood. Everyone covered their eyes for a moment as the flames rose up and filled the dark house with light. A familiar face smiled at Unfurl with a look of sinister delight.

“They are reclaiming… you.”

She lurched forward, and gave the shadowy master a kiss. Unfurl screamed, as he felt pain surge through every nerve in his body. He fell to his knees, and then fell straight to the floor. After a few moments, the undead songs picked up his body, and carried him away.

The flaming mistress laughed as she faded into nothing.

MysticMoon is dead. She was Mafia. Town wins.

Coloursfall – Sim Sala Bim – Fleet Foxes
He was so kind, such a gentleman tied to the oceanside
Lighting a match on the suitcase's latch in the fading of night

ROLE: Inspector. Once per night you may choose to inspect another player, and their alignment will be revealed to you - Mafia or Innocent
QUALITY: N/A
BONUS: Postcard (One Shot). At one point in the game, you may ask the mod to send an anonymous message to the player of your choice.
ALIGNMENT: Innocent

Sunflower – Jeremiah Blues – Sting
Every place around the world it seemed the same
Can't hear the rhythm for the drums
Everybody wants to look the other way
When something wicked this way comes

ROLE: Mafia Don. You are in charge of the Mafia, head the kills, and have the final say in deciding who dies. Your partners are Highly Strung (Lyra Heartstrings), Unknown Theme (Flareth), and Kidding Ourselves (Artemis Fowl).
BONUS: Parting Gift. If you are lynched during the day, all players who nominated you will have their night actions blocked for the following night.
ALIGNMENT: Mafia

yiran – Dragon Roost Island – Wind Waker
ROLE: Nurse. Any players who “visit” you during night will have a healing effect applied to them, identical to that of a doctor. This effect will result in overdose and kill a player if they are also healed by another doctor on the same night.
BONUS: N/A

Zero Moment – The Gypsy Bard – Friendship is Witchcraft
When you’ve bungled all your bangles
And your loved ones have been mangled
Listen to this jingle jangle
Of my gypsy tambourine

ROLE: Mortician. Once per night you may choose to search the body of a dead player and learn of their role.

Zexion – Riot – Three Days Grace
If you feel so empty
So used up, so let down
If you feel so angry
Just get up
Let’s start a riot

ROLE: Gunsmith. You may arm up to two players with guns. During the night you must tell the GM who you want to give a gun, and that player will receive it in the morning. The gun can be used for a single kill during the day.

Great and Powerful Trixie – A Whole New World - Aladdin
A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue

ROLE: Hunter. If you are killed or lynched, you will fire a random shot at another player.
BONUS: Oracle (One-Shot). At one point in the game, you may ask the mod a yes or no question about some aspect of the game. You may not ask a question that would reveal any particular player's alignment or role, but you can ask if a certain role exists in the game.

Zora of Termina – Last Name – Carrie Underwood
And I don't even know his last name
My momma would be so ashamed
It started off, "hey cutie where you from"
And then it turned into oh no, what have I done
And I don't even know his last name

ROLE: Lover. On night one you will pick a player to fall in love with. That player is now linked to you, and if either you or your lover dies, the other will die of grief. Your goal is to be the last two players remaining, and you may contact each other privately to discuss your plans.
QUALITY: Bulletproof (One-Shot). You are protected from a single nightkill.

Lyra Heartstrings – Highly Strung – Orianthi feat. Steve Vai
ROLE: Mafia Role Cop. Each night you may choose one player and learn of their role. Your leader is Jeremiah Blues (Sunflower), and your partners are Unknown Theme (Flareth) and Kidding Ourselves (Artemis Fowl). You will take over as don if Jeremiah Blues is dead.

Deadfan22 – Through the Glass – Stone Sour
I'm looking at you through the glass...
Don't know how much time has passed

ROLE: Watcher. Each night you may choose a player to watch and find out the names of all the people who targeted that player on the same night, if any. You won’t be told what the actions were, just who visited the player.
BONUS: Daybringer (One-Shot). You can use this ability once to end the night phase and skip forward to day. Only the night actions that had already been sent in will be counted.

Light – Speed Power-Up – Sonic Adventure 2
ROLE: Nexus. You will passively redirect any actions targeted at you to another player (chosen randomly). Kills will not be redirected.

Phantom – Game of Thrones Opening Theme – Game of Thrones
ROLE: Alien. If you are killed during the night, you become an activated alien. As an activated alien, you win the game if you are lynched during the day.
ALIGNMENT: Innocent/Mafia (When active)

Artemis Fowl – Kidding Ourselves – Stabilo
Well, we're kidding ourselves kidding ourselves
So what do you want from me

ROLE: Mafia Janitor. Twice per game you may strip the mafia’s victim of evidence, hiding their alignment. Your leader is Jeremiah Blues (Sunflower), and your partners are Highly Strung (Lyra Heartstrings) and Unknown Theme (Flareth). You will take over as don if Jeremiah Blues, Highly Strung, and Unknown Theme are dead.
QUALITY: Ruthless. You gain an additional kill if you are the last remaining mafia member.

OrngSumb – Deranged – Coheed and Cambria
Oh, this works all for you and me, it's all our being.
We'll burn this city down!

ROLE: Serial Killer. Each night you choose a player to kill. You win by being the last surviving player, and the game will not end while you are still alive.
ALIGNMENT: Third-Party (Shows up as Innocent upon inspection)

Le Sabre – Hero – Skillet
I need a hero to save my life
A hero'll save me (just in time)

ROLE: Doctor. Each night you may select a player to heal. This will protect them from a single kill during that night. The patient will die from overdose if they are healed by two or more doctors.

HighMoon – Her Eyes – Pat Monahan
Her eyes, that's where hope lies
That's where blue skies always meet the sunrise
Her eyes, that's where I go
When I go home

ROLE: Bodyguard. Choose a player at night to protect. If another player tries to kill this player, there is a 50% chance you will die in place of your target, and a 50% chance you will both survive and you will learn the name of your attacker.

Maimi – For True Story – Sonic Adventure 2
Stars don't twinkle
The moon doesn't shine

ROLE: Roleblocker. Each night you may choose one player to roleblock. They will be unable to use their night actions for that night.

sreservoir – Surgam Identidem – Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
ROLE: Tracker. Each night you may choose one player and see who they visited (if anyone) during that night.
QUALITY: Ascetic. You are immune to all night actions other than those that could cause your death.

Flareth – Unknown Theme – Pokémon Yellow
ROLE: Mafia Safeguard. Each night you may target one player and render them immune from all non-killing night actions (Inspection, Roleblock, etc.). Your leader is Jeremiah Blues (Sunflower), and your partners are Highly Strung (Lyra Heartstrings) and Kidding Ourselves (Artemis Fowl). You will take over as don if both Jeremiah Blues and Highly Strung are dead.
I have a partial list :P I need some motivation to complete it.

You're welcome/Thank you Deadfan22! Lynch would've worked too, but that gun helped!

it comes to our attention -- with confirmation, mind! -- that a certain (remarkably, some might say, immature) subset of the players (and, one might think, all of us involved know who we are) find us so unbearable as to be worth seeking to corrupt the GM in such away as to arrange to have us killed immediately.

that is wrong; reprehensible, even. hatred is ... acceptable, one might say, under the circumstances. verbal rage, too, is acceptable. comparison to axis power leaders is ... patently ridiculous, actually, but humour is acceptable. what one does in one's own bubble need not be the business of those outside the bubble, so long as said bubble is constructed of material unlikely to burst under stress. but having the integrity of, ah, a "stupid online game thing" compromised? that is unjustifiable.

in the interest of avoiding drama in both the present and the future, let it suffice to establish that the attempt intentionally to ruin secretly a source of others' amusement most certainly places oneself in the category consisting of the sort of person with whom association requires more effort than that which from it one gains; and that if one wishes not to play in a game involving certain persons, it is sufficient not to play in games involving said persons. but, too, it might be noted that not optimising within the bounds of the rules merely indicates that one is not playing to full potential. it certainly does not make one a better role-player, per stormwind's monumental formulation.

and how so appallingly sloppy the attempt! for the future ... well, advice is available to those who seek it, in any case.

Very nice guys, bravo!

I'll be making another round myself when I get everything set up. So if you are interested in a VI, keep watch. I may post a link here to it. Guys I love ya and I'm amazed Song Mafia has gone this far~

Back
Top Bottom