• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Good movies and soundtracks

What makes a good movie?

• Good plot

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Good characters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good Soundtrack

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • All of the above

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters
I just turned on the tv and Homeward Bound was on...I love the soundtrack to this movie, plus there's nothing better than three animals traveling on an impossible journey just to get home to the people they love.

Ah, yes...the one opportunity I had to watch that movie, it was shut off about 30 minutes in. Which sucks. It was on a school trip, though, so...yeah... I have to admit, I liked what I saw ^^

Return of the King soundtrack, specifically. Howard Shore is a god.

As far as movies go, I think a good atmosphere is needed. This may include all three of the poll options, so I won't vote.

Return of the King soundtrack, specifically. Howard Shore is a god.

As far as movies go, I think a good atmosphere is needed. This may include all three of the poll options, so I won't vote.

also pretty sure hans zimmer and vangelis wrote some good stuff

The Fountain has a fantastic soundtrack. It's kind of a slow and convoluted movie, though.

Rent. Enough said. Amazing plot, wonderful characters, lovely soundtrack. What's not to love?

LotR movies have a phenomenal soundtrack, yes, although I'm not entirely sure what this thread is meant to be about.

To answer the "good movies" part, 2001 is most excellent.

Rent. Enough said. Amazing plot, wonderful characters, lovely soundtrack. What's not to love?

<33333

sd;khsfed YES.

The plot might be a little lacking because it's more character-driven than anything, but it's atmospheric and emotional and the characters and the music are absolutely superb in every way.

Aww, I remember the Homeward Bound music. Doodoodoo doo doo~

also pretty sure hans zimmer and vangelis wrote some good stuff
Haven't heard Vangelis, but Hans Zimmer is without a doubt one of the most overrated modern composers. I'd say he's second only to Danny Elfman.

Howard Shore will always be the best modern composer in my eyes <3

Vangelis originally was in prog rock bands and shit, then started composing for himself iirc... I have yet to check him out properly but I plan on doing it one day... he worked with Jon Anderson (Yes) so...

Most great films would be great without their music. Every now and then film music helps, but most of the time it's blatant.

Last edited:
Most great films would be great without their music.

Movie versions of musicals wouldn't. They'd be pretty amusing, though. Much shorter, too.

But yeah, I agree. If it falls on the musical score to make a film good, it's really not a good film.

Yeah, some silent films are amazing.

But in good soundtrack department, Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain is cool. I like the Donnie Darko soundrack too, does this make me a loser, Probably.

The Donnie Darko soundtrack is a huge disappointment, although I'd still consider it one of my favorite movies ever.

Back
Top Bottom