• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Euthanasia - what do you think?

...the recipient requests it, with a declaration by a certified psychiatrist of their sanity.

Why would sanity be an issue particularly? I can imagine that this would be so people who have gone mad after having something minor wouldn't be allowed access to euthanasia, but if you are in an unbearably painful or uncomfortable situation for an extended period, how sane would you be?
I know that I am the biggest wuss when it comes to pain, so I'm sure that I'd go insane from pain rather quickly, and I'm sure others would too. I just don't think that psychology is advanced enough as a science to differentiate between those who are schizophrenic and those who are quietly going insane because their cells are slowly dying off.

Because many people that suffer from depression request euthanasia and it's not meant for terminally depressed patients as they can survive for ages and ages on medication and potentially recover.

I understand this, but I can picture lots of people who are actually terminally ill getting denied of euthanasia because they're not 'sane' enough.

Or perhaps I'm just nitpicking. :/

It should be a person's own decision. In case the person is not sane the family can declare euthanasia just so they get the spoils and money that the deceased leaves as an heirloom. Family wars erupt over that shit.

As Crazy Weavile said, it would be simple enough for you to go to a lawyer or a doctor, whichever would be more appropriate, the former I suppose, and have a document writeen saying that if you ever suffer from [insert list of debilitating illnesses here] that you want to be [insert method of euthanasia here].

Back
Top Bottom