• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Political Parties

Crazy Weavile

HAI GUYZ
Yes, political parties. Good? Bad? The true road to enlightenment? A pox upon the land? Opinionate.

I despise political parties. Why? Very simple: they encourage you to blindly support candidates because they're a Democrat/Republican/Libertarian/Even-smaller-party-ian. This leads to people voting for people who, if they took the time to research all the candidates, they would in fact not vote for. I believe that the concept of a "party" that somehow embodies your beliefs is ridiculous, as no two people have the same beliefs.

I find them useful because I can conveninetly look into the 'ok' and 'retarded' categories to take my pick of the acceptable candidates.

It's useful since it organizes peoples beliefs. And also it's useful in historic text since if you hear a famous Political person's party you would know a bit of what they believed. And you can generally fit in some sort of party a little more than another. If not you can call yourself a moderate. Also some people like to say what they are.

if you had a bunch of people squabbling at each other with no form of organisation we would never get anywhere.

at least with parties you have some semblance of unity, even if you do have to compromise sometimes.

Yes, political parties. Good? Bad? The true road to enlightenment? A pox upon the land? Opinionate.

I despise political parties. Why? Very simple: they encourage you to blindly support candidates because they're a Democrat/Republican/Libertarian/Even-smaller-party-ian. This leads to people voting for people who, if they took the time to research all the candidates, they would in fact not vote for. I believe that the concept of a "party" that somehow embodies your beliefs is ridiculous, as no two people have the same beliefs.

Everyone has their own beliefs, but political parties come close enough to them to stop everyone in the country from trying to become president/prime minister/whoever else runs the country.

I think that two part systems are flawed, where the two parties are roughly equal in numbers. Nothing ever gets done because the minority party needs to convince a handful of senators / representatives to vote their side and they have it, especially in Congress. Now, if there were ten plus parties that had a good portion of representatives in Congress, there would have to be compromise and diplomacy between parties.

As far as parties in general, they work well in organizing and promoting people that share similar beliefs and choosing representatives for legislature that embody the beliefs of the group as a whole. Obviously there will be disagreement on certain issues for some individuals, but still.

A no party system might be better, for then representatives wouldn't be elected because they were the member of X Party running. They would have to be the strongest supporter of the views of the area they are representing.

I think that two part systems are flawed, where the two parties are roughly equal in numbers. Nothing ever gets done because the minority party needs to convince a handful of senators / representatives to vote their side and they have it, especially in Congress. Now, if there were ten plus parties that had a good portion of representatives in Congress, there would have to be compromise and diplomacy between parties.

As far as parties in general, they work well in organizing and promoting people that share similar beliefs and choosing representatives for legislature that embody the beliefs of the group as a whole. Obviously there will be disagreement on certain issues for some individuals, but still.

A no party system might be better, for then representatives wouldn't be elected because they were the member of X Party running. They would have to be the strongest supporter of the views of the area they are representing.

The system is not premeditated; the system changes over time. It is impossible to stop the formation of political parties. And, ultimately, the electorate decides how many political parties there are in the legislature.

lol what you do research and then you choose whatever party fits that the closest

yes, i research candidates to actually find out who is best. odd, i know.
anyway i don't associate with a party; mainly because all republicans are screaming "die obama" and all democrats are screaming "die mccain" so I'm not putting myself in the middle of that argument. and if it's not that then it's some other argument.

i have a split view; some liberal and some conservative so i find it stupid to scratch out half of the ballot.

Back
Top Bottom